St.Louis/Pittsburgh, Detroit/Kansas City, Arizona/Colorado Parlay Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
MLB Parlay for Today at (+486) Features Quintana Facing Former Team

St. Louis Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 1:35 p.m. ET at PNC Park in Pittsburgh

Who Starts for Pittsburgh?

Mitch Keller starts for Pittsburgh today.

Despite facing Milwaukee and then the Mets, Pittsburgh won the last two games in which Keller started.

Keller's performance quality largely explains why.

After allowing two earned runs in six innings to Milwaukee -- he also accumulated 10 strikeouts in this start -- he shut out the Mets over the course of six innings.

Keller vs. Cardinal Batters

Keller's great form makes him reliable because he is thriving even against lineups that hit his pitches well.

Both the Met and Brewer squads he mastered rank top-four in slugging against his favorite pitches from righties.

Much earlier in the season, Keller faced the Cardinals twice.

In the season opener, he allowed four runs to them in four innings.

But most recently, in June, he allowed two runs to them in 5.1 innings, yielding a 2.93 FIP (like ERA but factors out fielding).

His season-opening effort is irrelevant to this one because his form in April does not affect his form all the way in September.

Whereas he repeatedly struggled early in the season even against lesser lineups, he is dominating everyone right now.

Thus, one should expect him today to have his best performance against St. Louis.

Who Starts for the Cardinals?

Jose Quintana starts for St. Louis today.

While Pittsburgh matches up unusually well against his pitches than it does against others', the key is that Quintana is in a uniquely awful spot.

He last pitched for Pittsburgh on July 29 before St. Louis acquired him.

Quintana merits pessimism today because he is facing his former team who is intimately familiar with him and his pitching style and preferences due to their recent stint together.

Detroit Tigers vs. Kansas City Royals
Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 2:10 p.m. ET at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City

Who Starts for Detroit?

Tyler Alexander starts for Detroit this afternoon.

By far, Alexander is his team's least profitable pitcher for bettors.

Overall, he is yielding -9.8 units in his starts.

Detroit is 1-11 in games in which he starts.

Alexander on the Road

This situation is particularly awful on the road.

The Tigers are 0-6, yielding -6 units, in road games in which Alexander starts.

Individually, Alexander is at his worst on the road.

He's allowed a combined total of 13 earned runs in his last two road starts.

This season, his FIP is 6.93 outside of Detroit compared to 3.54 in Detroit.

Alexander vs. Royal Batters

Kansas City owns one of the better lefty-hitting lineups in general as measured by slugging rate.

Moreover, the Royals rank above-average in slugging against Alexander's favorite pitches from lefties.

Who Starts for Kansas City?

Brady Singer starts for the Royals today.

He is his team's most profitable pitcher for bettors.

Currently, he's yielding +5.9 units.

Singer is especially lucrative to back at home where he's yielding +4.6 units.

Singer vs. Tiger Batters

Today's Royal starter is a solid bet to make a long and high-quality outing.

He's endured six innings or more in 10 of his last 11 starts.

Detroit will be another victim for Singer because it ranks last-place in slugging .319 against his favorite pitches from righties.

Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Colorado Rockies
Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 2:10 p.m. ET at Coors Field in Denver

Who Starts for Arizona?

Zac Gallen starts for Arizona today.

Far from struggling in Colorado's uniquely hitters-friendly ballpark, Gallen loves pitching here.

He is 1-0 with a 2.03 ERA in five career starts at Coors Field.

Plus, Colorado ranks below-average in slugging against Gallen's favorite pitches from righties despite playing half its games in Denver.

Who Starts for Colorado?

Colorado starts Ryan Feltner today.

Feltner has an awful tendency to give up home runs.

Because this tendency exists even in his road starts -- he allows 1.91 homers per nine innings in away games -- he's especially likely to give up home runs in high-altitude Denver.

His proneness to surrendering home runs aside, Arizona is primed to hit him hard today because it ranks ninth in slugging against his favorite pitches from righties.

Best Bet: Parlay Pirates RL (+1.5) at +112, Royals ML at -145, Diamondbacks ML at -157 at +486 odds with Heritage

I’m a keller fan (was hoping he be the pirates pitcher cards traded for), w way our bats been wouldnt shock me at all if he did well. Not sure why pirates match up well vs Quintana tho? They seem to be at their best when they can throw that damn near entire lefty lineup out against pitchers who struggle w left handed hitters. Pirates do basically have the same ops on the season vs lhp and rhp which surprising to me but think it a stretch to say they match up well here.

I dunno if the fact Quintana pitched with them this year is a adv or not? Couldn’t I say he has sat around watching the holes in all his former teammates swings? Not like pirates a veteran squad, doubt half these guys were even called up yet while he was there! Montgomery pitched against Yankees shortly after we made that trade and he was fine.

I’m a keller fan (was hoping he be the pirates pitcher cards traded for), w way our bats been wouldnt shock me at all if he did well. Not sure why pirates match up well vs Quintana tho? They seem to be at their best when they can throw that damn near entire lefty lineup out against pitchers who struggle w left handed hitters. Pirates do basically have the same ops on the season vs lhp and rhp which surprising to me but think it a stretch to say they match up well here.

I dunno if the fact Quintana pitched with them this year is a adv or not? Couldn’t I say he has sat around watching the holes in all his former teammates swings? Not like pirates a veteran squad, doubt half these guys were even called up yet while he was there! Montgomery pitched against Yankees shortly after we made that trade and he was fine.
Can‘t make both claims, right? Anyway can‘t Pirate staff better prepare those guys even if they new. Certainly seen it go both ways but not sure slumping Yanks a good example. Just seems like a much better than usual chance at plus money with +1.5 imo

Can‘t make both claims, right? Anyway can‘t Pirate staff better prepare those guys even if they new. Certainly seen it go both ways but not sure slumping Yanks a good example. Just seems like a much better than usual chance at plus money with +1.5 imo

Oh cmon, even slumping yanks still tougher lineup than pirates! I’ll never argue taking plus money with the +1.5; I was just curious if we really think it a adv for pirates that he pitched for them? I’m sure I’ve said it before to fade a pitcher so not trying to crush you for it, just wonder if there any validity to it? being the curious type fellow I am :)

I’ve always felt like keller could be the next ace in the making if he could just get to a staff who had any fucjing clue what they doing! Kinda like glastnow or even Cole. Maybe not quite them but maybe, we didn’t know they were those guys till they escaped this trash organization!!

Back