St. Louis @ New England

ynnhoj316

Pretty much a regular
What a joke. NE -7? StL can win this one straight up. Total overreaction to MNF and Denver's inability to hang on to the ball.

Thoughts?

:cheers:

yup i agree. st louis just starting to do better now on both sides of the ball. pats defense just got a week older now. I will wait till it get up over a td and prob take the rams.

I figured it would be somewhere around 8 or 9 so I really don't see tons of value here. As a Pats fan I don't like to bet against them but I do wish they were playing a more quality opponent next weekend as I was looking at the over reaction angle myself. 41-7 looks great on paper but I wasn't impressed.

I dont see NE -7 as a joke I actually see it as the oddsmakers saying we have no fucking clue what to make this game . STL was just +8 at home vs Dallas and NE -3 vs Denver . Denver is flawed but they havent been leap frogged by STL from 2 wins in good spots.

I also think we have learned anything can happen week to week . So I do agree STL could win SU but they could easily lose by 3 TDs .

NE was banged up before and after yesterday's game plus had the 2 week stay out West . What I think was good was the OL being retooled and the good rushing attack.

STL has issues at CB and who is going to cover Randy Moss ? Pace on the OL ?? Stephen Jackson banged up ...

Not ready to buy into STL on the road yet but also with the situation of NE not sure I want to lay a TD either .....

Would probably say STL ML or NE - pts...

I would say this line is very accurate. What's the joke about it? Like Nut said, Pace and Jackson are a question mark. The Rams win vs the Skins impressed me, however the Rams defense forced turnovers and scored a TD. The Rams offense did not score. Against the Cowboys it was a matter of Brad Johnson being a terrible QB. The Rams offense ran the ball well but Bulger only threw for 173 yards and a TD. Hardly Hall of Fame numbers are being produced by the most over-paid and overrated QB in the league. Bulger has 3 TD passes in 6 games. I expect Belicheat to create problems for an offense that struggles to score. Jackson being a question mark should keep anyone off this game.

No way should the Jets be favored by 13. They just lost to the Raiders and they're favored by this much? They struggled to score 13 points the entire game plus overtime.
I don't think Houston should be favored by 9.5 over Cincinnati.
Titans could expose Indy some more on both sides of the line. Always tough to go against Manning.
I think Washington destroys Detriot.

I actually had this had NE -7.5, and was expecting to see -8+ as overreaction to MNF. I am surprised to see -7 as you know this line will be hit up. I was expecting something like 8 being hit up to 9, so I could take +9. At 7 it's a pass for me

I don't see how NE -7 is a joke or an overreaction. In fact, I will likely be on NE -7. Huge coaching edge + positional edge + Gillette Stadium

I don't see how NE -7 is a joke or an overreaction. In fact, I will likely be on NE -7. Huge coaching edge + positional edge + Gillette Stadium

Lots of unknowns as Nut suggests.. Jackson will not practive until wednesday or thursday at the earliest and Pace is going to be touch and go.. The guy who replaced Pace gave up 3 sacks..

However if on Thursday I have a good feel that Jackson is fine and if Pace is Playing I will fucking pound the rams... Again too many unknowns right now injury wise on this one...

And I'll say this... Eliminate the Denver game when capping the Pats for this game IMO.. I do not think that is repeatable esp on the road with Harrison out etc...

I would suggest this.. Forget about the fact the Rams started 0-4 and looked horrible doing it.. Cap this game as though the season started 2 games ago for both teams.. OK--so Rams beat Redskins on the road and dominated the the so -called best team in NFC Cowboys at home to start the season 2-0. And now they have Bradyless Pats coming to the Ed and are you serious-- you make this line Rams +7.... The line is right because of missed perception of the betting public but in terms of capping this line is way off IMO..

The name is Donnie Avery guys.. Please check him out in this offense before you put any money on the game.. He changes EVERYTHING-- see my notes from last week... NUT, picked him up on his fantasy team--thats all you need to know..LOL... Seriously, he is the real deal.. Check out Holts production after Avery got healthy.. Check out where the saftey was playing on Jackson long run. Check out how much cushion the corners are giving him..

Again, wait and see for me as Jackson and Pace are very important.

I think the Rams make the playoffs.. I made a future bet on them to win NFC at 200-1 odds.. Put 50 on it out of principal.. Monday before I left, they changed the odds to 60-1.. LMFAO... They were slow changing the odds and I couldn't resist.. If they make the playoffs I'll hedge the shit out of it.

I saw him blow right by dallas Db on the Td early, he looks fast like a young marvin harrisson or a junior steve smith---

No doubts he is really fast

I saw him blow right by dallas Db on the Td early, he looks fast like a young marvin harrisson or a junior steve smith---

No doubts he is really fast

or a young Torry Holt.

also had another TD called back. More of a finesse type catch. Some say he may be fastest guy in NFL.

I would suggest this.. Forget about the fact the Rams started 0-4 and looked horrible doing it.. Cap this game as though the season started 2 games ago for both teams.. OK--so Rams beat Redskins on the road and dominated the the so -called best team in NFC Cowboys at home to start the season 2-0. And now they have Bradyless Pats coming to the Ed and are you serious-- you make this line Rams +7.... The line is right because of missed perception of the betting public but in terms of capping this line is way off IMO..

Game is at Gillette Stadium, that's part of my reasoning on my lean to NE.

NE knew the secondary had to step up (see Hobbs comment after SD game) and adjustments were made. What did Belichick do so that Cutler could not find Marshall, Royal, Stokley down the field? I see that as adjustment by Belichick more than a fluke performance.

And I am not underrating the Rams, I just think the Patriots are still getting discount lines without Brady, as should be the case, but I am a firm believer that NE succeeds because of the system in place rather than a star QB. Belichick got there with Drew Bledsoe leading most of the 2001 season, and he got back to the SB without any targets for Brady two more times.

Patriots are 3-0 ATS w/ Cassel as starter in each one of their wins. We will not lose to the Rams. Draw your own conclusions.

Game is at Gillette Stadium, .

Brain fart on my part.. Obviously road game for Rams. I like your Pats without brady lack of respect angle, just not here..:shake:

Really, its premature to even have an opinion on this game until the status of Jackson is determined.. The Rams have absolutely nothing behind him.. Pittman still a week away.. GL bro

tee dub, it was me who picked him up on my fantasy off the free agent wire. I would have had him earlier if the offense could move the ball. Being a huge Rams fan, I still never have any of their players on my roster because of how enemic they can be on offense. Looks like they have some good play action going now with Jackson back in form.

tee dub, it was me who picked him up on my fantasy off the free agent wire. I would have had him earlier if the offense could move the ball. Being a huge Rams fan, I still never have any of their players on my roster because of how enemic they can be on offense. Looks like they have some good play action going now with Jackson back in form.

NUT has him too.. We discussed long ago.. Think he got him on inactive roster in week 2 or 3...

You live in the Lou? or a LA rams fan?

Give us Stephen Jackson updates thoughout the week btw... :shake:

I'm in northern Cal. I've flown to St. Louis for games. Thats how sick I am. Looks like we'll know more about SJ by Friday. I'll keep you posted.

update:

Orlando Pace is good to go.. Practiced full reps on thrusday and Friday..

Stephen Jackson is 50/50.. I think he plays but wonder at what percent of full speed...

Rams at +7x with Jackson at fullspeed is a definte play... Not sure we will know for sure.. I'll keep checking..

NE

---WITH BRADY, they should have been doing what they are doing now. Run the god damn football like when Brady just started out.

---Denver D sucks. Can't take much from NE O. They will struggle against St. Louis. Cassell still playing like a college qb locking onto one receiver and not going through progressions.

---Offensively, Denver does not suck. For NE to do what they did was Impressive.

--What I saw on MN was a return to old school Patriot's. DEFENSE, MORE EFFORT THAN THE OTHER TEAM, BETTER SCHEMES, MORE LEADERSHIP, AND RUNNING THE FOOTBALL. IMO they got away from that. Brady injury blessing in disguise

------NE showed to me LW that the guts on this team are still here

Can see alot of close wins not alot of covers

rotoworld had a report saying 95% chance he'd be out but now this came out from a much more credible source than whoever "the Czar" is.

ESPN's John Clayton reports that Steven Jackson (quads) is likely to be active for Sunday's game at New England.

Clayton cautions that it's still "50-50" on how much Jackson actually plays, but if he gets off to a strong start the Rams will most likely ride him. Perhaps instead of Jackson's normal 25 touches he'll get 17-18 with Travis Minor and Antonio Pittman splitting the remainder. Oct. 26 - 11:01 am et

Back