Spurs v Suns [play inside]

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Time to back my boys. No need to write a book about these two teams, as anyone into this sport knows what they're all about.
The clash of worlds.

The Suns are this fast break, all offensive team, trying to push the game to high tempo mode and use fast pace in their favor.
The Spurs are a team that likes to shift the tempo, and can practically choose between a faster pace and a defensive approach, they've had success using both, especially on the Suns.
This is where I see Spurs' advantage. They own the Suns (10-3 in last 13, 6-0 last 6 at home. To add to that, San Antonio is 11-1 at the AT&T Center against Phoenix since the start of the 2000-01 season).

Forget the last game the two teams played in Arizona, Suns stepped up in the 4th, or more precisely, Spurs fell apart in the 4th, with 3 or 4 minutes to play. It was a tied game up until then. And back then the Spurs were nowhere this confident, and this good, they were trying to break out of a slump with a big win, they almost did it, but Suns switched to high gear and lifted off leaving the Spurs in dust.
Different situation here. Yeah, yeah, the Suns have been great lately. I agree, they have. Beating the Mavs 126-104 says enough.
But getting thumped by the Warriors (the result doesn't tell the story there) and losing to Sacto as well, plus struggling against Memphis, well they knew they will win it, but played rather sub par basketball, especially in the D.

This is a whole different ballgame. The books have set the total well, as it is very indicative of what kind of game we'll be seeing here. They're leaving the backdoor open for the Suns who average more than 110 per game, but they know they'll hardly reach the century mark at all, if Spurs do their job, which I expect they will.
Dallas engaged into fast tempo ball both times within a month. Lost both times.
Spurs won't do the same I think, this is a huge statement game for both teams and I think the home team gets it again, meaning the Spurs would seal the deal when it comes to season series as well, as they're now tied at 1, both teams winning at home.
It would be great if the old mr clutch Horry would play, as it would provide an extra body to throw at Amare and Marion occasionally, and an offensive spark when Spurs need it the most.
Ginobili-Barbosa matchup is huge here, also I don't think Duncan will be stuck on Marion, Elson obviously can't handle Amare. Remember how Bowen did a remarkable job watching Marion two years ago in the playoffs?
TP on Nash should be a fun clash.
I expect a 101-93 kind of game, and am going in with 7 units on the ML, not worrying about the spread, as I believe this isn't a game where you lay points ,despite what you might expect or predict how it will end. We're not losing much of the value by playing it on the ML, and I'm going in wit 7 units.

Spurs (1.65 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Good luck guys.:cheers:

Last edited:
why exactly would you say "play inside"...i would have bet my soul you were on San Antonio tonight'an_horse'

Thanks J Picks. Actually I see a lot of Suns backers around the boards, pretty evenly matched with the SA bettors, covers says SA has 59% of consensus, but to be honest I don't even like too one sided situations... :)

GL tonight buddy.

Like it Satyr, may be going with Spurs laying the wood and asswhoop but will see how line moves later. Spurs can't win Suns tempo game, need to make their stops, and run when they need to. Softy Suns should melt.

:cheers: thanks guys, Spurs rule...they should've won by 15 or 20 and put this game away way before, but those damn FTs just kept missing the basket :D LOL.

:shake: nice night

Back