Spurs Sunday-- ONE MORE TIME

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
I heard that the Spurs have some sort of incredible record playing on Sundays.

I really like the Spurs tomorrow to win for me. I am not sure of the line yet, but the Spurs will take care of the Rockets and here is why.

Spurs are hot and need to show other teams at home that playoff time is soon and we are still the best.

I already know if I bet the Spurs that I have a good chance of winning the game as it is at home vs the Rockets- Then all I need to do is to cover for me to cash this ticket- This is a game where I know I should win the game straight up now all I need to do is win it vs spread.

Home Crowd- The better team- better coach, leads me to believe what value would u have betting on Houston in this one??

This is a situation where you just take the Spurs and count your money.

I am hoping for a line of -5 no higher than -6, but it won't matter because SPurs will win that game tomorrow by 11 anyway.

This is a successfull strategy in sports taking teams that you know will win the game in certain spots at low lines much like UCLA and UNC were good bets because there was a high percentage that they would win their games outright.

I really like the fact playoffs are coming soon and I am betting vs the perfect team in this spot.

Rockets already won their NBA championship by setting that record.

-MCGRADY does not give 2 shits about the playoffs- the guy is a born loser and does not care and was talking about retiring a few years back.

Spurs will show the Rockets who is who and will beat them good, and the Rockets will wilter under the pressure, because they are not that good anyway.

Road team Rockets are 21-13 away--

Home team Spurs are 30-6- Home-- There is nothing else I need to see

these records suggest that I should win this game and I will cover--

Spurs are a STOCK on the rise and Rockets are like ENRON sell it fast cause it is only going to go down that I can assure you.

Any reason as to why the line is yet to be released? I am not aware of any injury clouds over any key players from either team :confused:

I think they haven't released a line till they get confirmation that T-Mac will play. All signs look like he will play tho.

yup, i think it's definitely tmac, he's pussy is sore again, but he's probable

nyk-atl: z-bo had the flu

anyone know who's out or unlikely to play in the wiz-lakeshow game? or is it the return of Gilbert? anyone?

thanks in advance

As to the game itself I agree and am prepared to lay the points. Spurs seemingly have begun their annual late season surge.

Whilst the Rockets have beaten some very good Western Conference opposition with Yao (Lakers, Hornets, Nuggets & Mavs) I think his absence will have more effect in this particular matchup against the Spurs given he was pretty much the key in both their season wins to date over the Spurs. He averaged 24.5 points and 13.5 rebounds and shot at 56% in both the Rox's wins.

my brother called me and also told me that he read somewhere that if you bet the Spurs only on Sundays there record is ridiculous? Can anyone confirm this or shit I wil check this year and post it here

Spurs are 7-2 on Sundays here are the results this year--

Vs Millwaukee WIN 113-88

AT Seattle WIN 116-101

Vs Portland WIn 100-79

Vs Memphis Win 111-87

At Clippers WIN 88-82

At Boston LOSS 98-90

At JERSEY WIN 93-83

AT SUNS LOSS 94-87 WINNING GAME LATE MELTDOWN ON O

AT DALLAS WIN 88-81

VS HOUSTON HOPING An 11 point win here

It worries me a little bit. I don’t think we are yet in playoff shape,” said Spurs guard Manu Ginobili, who had 26 points on 8-of-11 shooting. “So we’ve really got to step up in these last nine games … because if not we are not going to go that far.”
The Rockets have beaten the Spurs twice at home this season, holding them to just 81 points both times.
Scola had 20 points on 10-of-11 shooting on Nov. 17 in the Rockets’ lone visit to San Antonio this season, but Houston lost 90-84, as Tim Duncan had 25 points and 13 rebounds.

You know when everyone says I should have seen that coming well I will tell you before the game.

Houston last 3 games on road vs New Orleans lost by 21, Beat G state by 3 and lost to Suns by 9 but were losing by 15 the whole game.

Also add in a 20 point loss to the Celtics at home also. We have a team that is 3 and 3 in their last 6!!! With wins vs WOLVES, KIngs and G state who really cant beat anyone anymore.

We have the big win streak here and this ROcket team is all about SCOLA and MCGARDY, if we can hold one of these 2 guys down Rockets will score 80 point tomorrow I am thinking.

The Rockets are who we thought they were! They are who we thought they were!

I am anxious for this line cause I wanna nail it right away- I think I know the winning margin, I think -5 would be fair but I have a feeling we see a -6 in this one. BUt I think the SPurs win this one 91-80 style

I am simplifying things and betting on the better teams and teams playing well and have been winning a lot lately cause I always have the better teams so my chance at winning is statistically higher then I just have to bet on a good line that they can cover.

Scoring 74 vs Celts and 69 vs Hornets shows me this time has scoring issues, and I think Spurs want this game more and should impose their will on MCGARDY and company.

This game is exactly like the Pistons game vs the CAVS yesterday where the Pistons showed up and wanted the game badly due to their recent shit play and loss to the Cavs last week. Cavs mailed it in yesterday.

I expect the same thing here, because the Spurs have had no excitement for a while and they need a blowout win over a good team to get excited about playoffs- ROCKETS are in like a DEPRESSION state now and are not excited anymore to play after their losing streak- They are like a pussy whipped guy who just sits and sulks in their room.

This is the same type of game- Spurs may as well wear Pistons jerseys and Rockets can wear Cavs jerseys cause it will be a repeat of that.

Also in the Miami- vs Boston game check out this stat-- Miami last game in Detroit scored 24 points in the second half 10 and 14 point in 3rd and 4th qtrs.

Check out this power starting lineup--
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=8 height=18>Miami </TD><TD class=ysptblhdr align=right colSpan=8 height=18></TD></TR><TR class="ysptblthbody1 yspboxscore-columnheader-row" align=right><TD class="yspdetailttl player" align=left width="17%" height=18> Starters </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="4%"></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">Min</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">FG</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="6%">3Pt</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="6%">FT</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="6%">+/-</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">Off</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">Reb</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">Ast</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">TO</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">Stl</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">BS</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">BA</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">PF</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">Pts </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left> R. Davis </TD><TD class=player>G </TD><TD>44:13</TD><TD>2-9</TD><TD>0-3</TD><TD>3-4</TD><TD>-15 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=player align=left> C. Quinn </TD><TD class=player>G </TD><TD>33:26</TD><TD>3-10</TD><TD>1-3</TD><TD>4-4</TD><TD>+2 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>11 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left> M. Blount </TD><TD class=player>C </TD><TD>24:52</TD><TD>4-8</TD><TD>0-1</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>-5 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>8 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=player align=left> K. Powell </TD><TD class=player>F </TD><TD>34:21</TD><TD>1-8</TD><TD>0-3</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>-17 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left> E. Barron </TD><TD class=player>F </TD><TD>25:00</TD><TD>5-11</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>-5 </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>10 </TD></TR><TR class="ysptblthbody1 yspboxscore-columnheader-row" align=right><TD class="yspdetailttl player" align=left width="17%" height=18> Bench </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="4%"></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">Min</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">FG</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="6%">3Pt</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="6%">FT</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="6%">+/-</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">Off</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">Reb</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">Ast</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">TO</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">Stl</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">BS</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">BA</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="5%">PF</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">Pts </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=player align=left> B. Ahearn </TD><TD class=player></TD><TD>32:00</TD><TD>3-10</TD><TD>1-5</TD><TD>8-9</TD><TD>-18 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>15 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left> S. Lasme </TD><TD class=player></TD><TD>23:00</TD><TD>4-7</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>-11 </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>8 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=player align=left> A. Johnson </TD><TD class=player></TD><TD>8:40</TD><TD>1-2</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>3-4</TD><TD>-3 </TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>5 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=player align=left> J. Anthony </TD><TD class=player></TD><TD>3:34</TD><TD>1-2</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>1-1</TD><TD>-8 </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=player align=left> D. Cook </TD><TD class=player></TD><TD class=dnp align=middle colSpan=14>DNP - Coach's Decision</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

THink Miami team total will be around 80 point, not sure they can get to that vs the Celts tomorrow? I was thinking Miami in the first half because Celts have 0000000000000 MOtivation to play the shit ass Heat-- If they do they will be up 18 at half- if they don't they may be up 6 and not cover the first half-- Pistons fucked around and crushed them in 2nd half last game

I think a team can hold the Heat to under 50 points if it wanted to for sure-- Raps held them to 54 points last week-- This could be a good game, If this game is close at all I am all over the Celts at any line under 13 point in 2nd half, they will beat Miami by roughly 55 to 30 in 2ndhalf tomorrow if they are not already up at half

On this too Sammy. Got mine at 6.5. Just watched some pregrame and McGrady's all messed up. During shootaround, he was wincing, rubbing that shoulder, so even if he doesn't go FG, he won't be 100%. Let's get this done Sammy!

GL Sammy. I hate myself went to play Houston 1st Q Over 43.5 and Rockets +7 and it went OTB at 12:59...mother fuckers!

Man I have to leave for a goddam football practice and miss the Spurs game and the Memphis Texas game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs up 11, i will leave it to all Spurs backers to take control of this one and drive us home

Nice halftime lead your lookingreal good but I had to bit -2 2nd H feels like the game @ Pho all over again....Spurs been so-so lately at home in the 2nd H.....

Great call bro. I went to sleep thinking I would take SA up to -6 and when I saw -7 I flipped sides but you nailed this mf'er! Unfortunately I liked 1st Q over and 2nd H under but didnt get either IN.....

excellent call sammy....

looks like you had some strong feelings about this game and hit it on the head. good work

Yeah I did trying to keep it simple these days and just hit good winners.

Spurs wanted this one and Houston is in depressive mode now

Back