Spurs and Hornets Series

wizardofodd

Resident Newlywed
This one is gonna be a great series to watch....

Opening lines

San Antonio +3.5 +150 183.5
New Orleans -3.5 -170 183.5

Series

San Antonio -115
New Orleans -105

I do not cap this sport and rarely bet it ( thanks though BAR ) but one would have to think the spurs have a major experience advantage here.

I do not cap this sport and rarely bet it ( thanks though BAR ) but one would have to think the spurs have a major experience advantage here.

whoeever wins this series is winning the west:shake:

it's going to be one hell of a series

youth and athleticism, and the best all around player in the game vs experience/hard nosed defense/best bench in nba

cant get much better then that

im thinking spurs at -115 myself, saw the line earlier.

i may take both of them to win the west and then worry about hedging when the time comes if needed.
fakers arent takin the west though!

whoeever wins this series is winning the west:shake:

it's going to be one hell of a series

youth and athleticism, and the best all around player in the game vs experience/hard nosed defense/best bench in nba

cant get much better then that

im thinking spurs at -115 myself, saw the line earlier.

i may take both of them to win the west and then worry about hedging when the time comes if needed.
fakers arent takin the west though!

Cap you must be have done a line of coke tonight because whoever wins this series doesnt win the west, the lakers will win it. The hornets will also win this series. I dont know if you knew, im 2-0 in championship predictions.

Two teams fighting for the honor of losing the Western Finals. As a Lakers fan, I'm just glad that Suns are out, cause they were the only threat to Lakers NBA Finals dream from that half of the playoff (Utah is only threat from their half). I'm only hoping that it will be a 6-7 games series to get the teams running a bit, especially if the Spurs go through in the end.
As for the winner, Spurs celebrate Western Finals in the 7th game in NO...

How are the Suns a threat and the Spurs and Hornets aren't? Both are better than Phoenix.

I just don't get it. :(

Dallas had a major experience advantage as well..............look how that turned out for them.

Hornies in 6 or 7.

How are the Suns a threat and the Spurs and Hornets aren't? Both are better than Phoenix.

I just don't get it. :(

I don't look at this that way. Shaq Vs. Kobe would have become the main issue and Shaq with a great desire to show what he got and mainly, to get that fifth ring before Kobe's fourth is a hard player to play against.

I know you Spurs fan and maybe I will be proven wrong in the end of the playoff, but I just don't see Spurs as a team in the race for the title this season.

Hornets are great, but Lakers gave good games against them in the second half of the season and I think that they are a team we could beat.

As a Lakers fan, I'm worried first about the second playoff round, that I viewed from day one as the main obstacle between them and the NBA finals (Denver had no chance). Jazz got great match ups against every Laker but Kobe and Rockets somehow do well against Lakers this season.

If Lakers reach the finals, they will play one of the two teams they haven't won this season so far, Boston or Detroit and that will be a whole new ball game.

But than again, maybe I'm wrong about everything :)

EVERYBODY thinks the Hornets are a team they can beat until they look up at that pesky scoreboard when the game is complete.

In one post I see well the Spurs have the advantage with experience etc.
Then I see the Lakers are a lock LMAO. The Lakers have what experience going deep besides Kobe? And no I'm not talking about that poor girl he RAPED in Colorado.

The whole Chris Paul vs Kobe for MVP thing is funny.
On one hand you have the greatest all around athlete alive today and the other you have a snot nosed punk that was handed everything and managed to avoid jail time after raping a poor girl. Hmmm tough choice in America today. 20 years ago Kobe wouldnt be able to even be in the running. It amazes me how just years later Kobe has been completely forgiven by almost everyone.

Now back to the Spurs series. Last I checked home court meant at least a little bit. I expect a very chippy series and for once the Spurs wont bully a team into quitting. The Hornets dont look like much on paper but its what is inside that counts. I can't wait to see the flopping and the crying the Spurs bring with them night after night. IF the Hornets can pull off this series it will be the most rewarding sports moment in a long while.
Its almost impossible not to hate the Spurs. A team only they momma could love.

EVERYBODY thinks the Hornets are a team they can beat until they look up at that pesky scoreboard when the game is complete.

Then I see the Lakers are a lock LMAO. The Lakers have what experience going deep besides Kobe? And no I'm not talking about that poor girl he RAPED in Colorado.

On one hand you have the greatest all around athlete alive today and the other you have a snot nosed punk that was handed everything and managed to avoid jail time after raping a poor girl. Hmmm tough choice in America today. 20 years ago Kobe wouldnt be able to even be in the running. It amazes me how just years later Kobe has been completely forgiven by almost everyone.

Now back to the Spurs series. Last I checked home court meant at least a little bit. I expect a very chippy series and for once the Spurs wont bully a team into quitting. The Hornets dont look like much on paper but its what is inside that counts. I can't wait to see the flopping and the crying the Spurs bring with them night after night. IF the Hornets can pull off this series it will be the most rewarding sports moment in a long while.

P&G

1.) Kobe was never found guilty of anything. Except for being the best basketball of my era that isnt named Lebron of Michael.
2.) Really, the best? Once again he was never found guilty of anything
3.) I agree, and that is what makes them dangerous.
4.) It will be good for the team, and the city.
5.) It amazes me hearing about people that hate this team. Whats to hate about them? They are winners, they hands down have the best PF to ever play the game. They dont make the papers for stupid behavior, they all respect the game. They know how to win games, and they play DEFENSE....which has attributed to there success in this decade.

Last edited:
P&G

1.) Kobe was never found guilty of anything. Except for being the best basketball of my era that isnt named Lebron of Michael.
2.) Really, the best? Once again he was never found guilty of anything
3.) I agree, and that is what makes them dangerous.
4.) It will be good for the team, and the city.
5.) It amazes me hearing about people that hate this team. Whats to hate about them? They are winners, they hands down have the PF to ever play the game. They dont make the papers for stupid behavior, they all respect the game. They know how to win games, and they play DEFENSE....which has attributed to there success in this decade.

You forgot the one ingredient that has made the Lakers a good team... Phil Jackson

As far as the SA v NO series, it should be a hard fought battle. No one in their right mind would want to draw the Spurs in the playoffs in the last half of a decade, but sometimes that's how the cards fall. My best guess...

Game 1: Hornets
Game 2: Spurs
Game 3: Spurs
Game 4: Hornets
Games 5-7: ?

I am not as confident in the Hornets winning this series because the Spurs are much better of a team than Dallas, and Popavich is one hell of a coach. However, that does not mean I think the Hornets will lose. I think this series will be a tough one, and whichever team wins the series, it will be in 7 games.

NO has to play parker. Thats who they have to stop if they want any chance of winning this series. And I think that the spurs will have problems stopping CP3. This series will be won with the guards plays imo.

BOL

NO has to play parker. Thats who they have to stop if they want any chance of winning this series. And I think that the spurs will have problems stopping CP3. This series will be won with the guards plays imo.

BOL

most definitely

PG battle in this series... should be a good one

i'm also interested in seeing duncan v chandler

Dallas had a major experience advantage as well..............look how that turned out for them.

Hornies in 6 or 7.

yes they did have a major experience advantage, but it wasn't a positive and uplifting one? nightmarish experience of getting david sterned by wade and company? nightmarish experience of getting don nelsoned by baron and company? not a real good experience IMO to rely on.

this is not a "tough one"...

You're looking at the difference between a team who's won one playoff series in this decade vs the winningest most franchise of the past 10 years. This is what the Spurs do boys and girls. Tony Parker had been struggling with his jumper for a while now...After a tight game one win where Timmy was front and center. Popovitch realized that the greatest opportunity to exploit Phoenix's lack of defensive intelligence was to run Duncan up and set screens for Parker and show them a different look (putting a lot of pressure on Parker to make those open jump shots). He delivered. That's the point...this team delivers. When Phoenix finally found a way to defend that high post screen, Parker started attacking the hoop like a mad man. Ginobli (their highest scorer this season) scored 2 points and had 3 fouls in game five and the Spurs were in full command. This team finds ways to win...they know how to play this game better than anyone living...New Orleans is a nice little team with little to no real playoff experience. They've jumped right into the deep end of the pool and relative rooks like Paul and West will not be able to match up with seasoned vets like the Spurs.

Spurs moneyline game one (look for them to take control of this series right out of the gate)...

take the Spurs -115 for the series for whatever your max bet will allow.

Phoenix was one of the strongest teams to seat below 4 in the history of the western conference. They're weaknesses were soo minimal that any other team in the west loses at LEAST 2 games (many lose the series) The Spurs win this series in 6 games AT MOST. They understand better than anyone the importance of making quick work of NO here. Take care of the youngings and head into LA for the REAL championships!

this is not a "tough one"...

You're looking at the difference between a team who's won one playoff series in this decade vs the winningest most franchise of the past 10 years. This is what the Spurs do boys and girls. Tony Parker had been struggling with his jumper for a while now...After a tight game one win where Timmy was front and center. Popovitch realized that the greatest opportunity to exploit Phoenix's lack of defensive intelligence was to run Duncan up and set screens for Parker and show them a different look (putting a lot of pressure on Parker to make those open jump shots). He delivered. That's the point...this team delivers. When Phoenix finally found a way to defend that high post screen, Parker started attacking the hoop like a mad man. Ginobli (their highest scorer this season) scored 2 points and had 3 fouls in game five and the Spurs were in full command. This team finds ways to win...they know how to play this game better than anyone living...New Orleans is a nice little team with little to no real playoff experience. They've jumped right into the deep end of the pool and relative rooks like Paul and West will not be able to match up with seasoned vets like the Spurs.

Spurs moneyline game one (look for them to take control of this series right out of the gate)...

take the Spurs -115 for the series for whatever your max bet will allow.

Phoenix was one of the strongest teams to seat below 4 in the history of the western conference. They're weaknesses were soo minimal that any other team in the west loses at LEAST 2 games (many lose the series) The Spurs win this series in 6 games AT MOST. They understand better than anyone the importance of making quick work of NO here. Take care of the youngings and head into LA for the REAL championships!

Wow, simply amazing post my friend :shake:

NO def going to be the trendy pick in this series. If I was putting % on it I give them a 20% chance of taking this series.

I'm not discounting the NO season, or there players....but as Iluv has stated this is what SA does in this time of the year. They are the basketball dynasty of this decade.

I agree with you, it is impossible not to hate the Spurs. Ugly disgussting team that plays boring and dirty game. Still, they are the champions and the expirience means something in playoffs. Now Lakers got the expirience. You mentioned Kobe, but Fisher is a guy that done a thing or two in Lakers as well. Jackson has the most rings on his fingers and not the two NBA Finals with the Nets as Scott and even if we look at the secondary guys, than Gasol gut more expirience than West.
About the MVP, what is the connection, but still. How can you compare, the Chris "look at me, I play in a City that had a disaster and help kids stay of drugs" Paul to the best player in the league the last few years, current one included? People, stop mentioning those two in the same level. Kobe right now is far better and valuable than Paul, but who knows, Paul maybe is the next Magic, but right now he is only "the next" Magic, nothing more.
Back to the series, I hope that Hornets will go through, because despite what I just said, I do love their game and Paul is a great player (just not an MVP), but I really don't like the way the Hornets acted and played since game 2 and they must show their regular season game to have a shot here.

You're looking at the difference between a team who's won one playoff series in this decade

I like your analysis but think the Hornets put up more of a fight than you expect. Also, your point I quoted above, has no relevance. We all know the Spurs are experienced, but NO's history in the playoffs with a different coach, a different team, and a different city have no implication on this current series.

i'm talking about the players...

between their star core group....how much post season experience do they have between them?

THAT'S what i mean...not NO's team history

know what i just relized.....who the x factor might be this series.......

bonzi wells, he has always played well against the spurs his entire career. even when the rockets had him, he would put up a double double against them.

The Spurs do not back their titles, at least they haven't so far. But they are going to give them a hell of a fight, and vice versa. Parker will not have it easy against Paul, he did exploit every weakness Nash had, won't be able to do it so easily against the best PG in the game right now.

The Hornets are energetic, well coached, have an excellent coach and home court.

I wouldn't be surprised ONE bit if Spurs failed to advance. The Spurs did thump Phoenix playing a CLEAN and fun to watch basketball (I guess some won't admit it since their perception of SA basketball is carved in too deep and have decided to hate them even before the tipoff).

For the rest of us who have seen the series, it has been fun, even for non Spurs fans. But the Hornets also beat their opponents in 5 games, they also neutralized Mavs' game, the Mavs may not be what they were 2 years ago but they were still an experienced team who NOH just outplayed.

So I still see this one as a toss up.

I like your analysis but think the Hornets put up more of a fight than you expect. Also, your point I quoted above, has no relevance. We all know the Spurs are experienced, but NO's history in the playoffs with a different coach, a different team, and a different city have no implication on this current series.

Blue I think we see something happen during this playoff series that shows the experience of the Spurs, as well as the inexperience of the Hornets.

Just a hunch.

I think people are putting WAY too much into the Hornets inexperience. Thats the same exact argument people used when wed get ousted in the 1st round, but seriously... Mo Pete, Tyson, D. West, Pargo, Bonzi, Peja, Bowen, they all have experience and CP3, Hilton, Juju - they all played for big programs in college or you can argue they're too "inexperienced" to even think about the pressure.

We play some of the best team ball in the league, we don't have just one play maker, that makes a hell of a difference. We aren't intimidated by the Spurs, sure they have experience but we split the season series 2-2... all role players have stepped it up big time and unless they go and Hack-a-Tyson, i'm seeing a 7 game series no matter what. Of course a Hack-a-Tyson wouldn't surprise me...

As long as our players stay in their roles, there should be no problems for us.

I did see a lack of inexperience by us in the 5th game when we just stopped playing D and stopped trying to execute on offense really... we did stupid things but Byron probably gave them a word or two about that.

Whoever said the Hornets may be the popular play is clueless.
Most if not every single one of us defending them have seen them play 50+ games this year. Damn near every single game is played in our area.
We have seen this team night after night turn it on when needed and make 20-30 point comebacks in a quarter and a half. We see the nightly highlight reels that Chris Paul creates while letting his TEAMMATES score. It took Kobe 6 years in the NBA to understand that triple threat didnt mean shoot, shoot or hurry up and shoot. All the Kobe lovers just dont get it. The Hornets didnt go out and get an all star in free agency to suddenly lift their "best player" to being part of a top team. Where have the Fakers been the past 5 years?

If you say that Paul doesnt deserve to even be mentioned in the same breath as Kobe or as a top candidate for the MVP well you just are not very well informed. Kobe won with Hall of Famers surrounding him. He was such a self centered prick he likely gave away 3-5 titles because he wanted to be the center of attention? Who does that?
Ego-maniac me first type run of mill every day superstars do it.
Chris Paul has it all and is still down to earth. The comments about Katrina and New Orleans were just ridiculous. The cities condition has NOTHING to do with the fact that in a couple years this kid established himself as the best PG in the game. THE BEST....I said it. And yes that includes people from that country north of us.

Kobe is a great scorer and a great basketball player. His talent exceeds his production though. Where Chris Paul uses everything he has and then some. Just ponder the size of these two players for a second.
Inch for inch Chris Paul is the best player in the ENTIRE LEAGUE.

HOMER UP MFERS its time to beat the SPURS into submission.

And if you dont know why you have to hate the Spurs then you are either from San Antonio or one of those Yag bandwagoneers that jumps from champion to champion. ABCS is that you? The flops the crying its insane. And it comes from a team with rings? Embarrassing!!!!!

I'm not from SA nor a Yag bandwagoner thank you. I've supported the team since 1994. Don't know where I would fit in your little stories there.

Whoever said the Hornets may be the popular play is clueless.
Most if not every single one of us defending them have seen them play 50+ games this year. Damn near every single game is played in our area.
We have seen this team night after night turn it on when needed and make 20-30 point comebacks in a quarter and a half. We see the nightly highlight reels that Chris Paul creates while letting his TEAMMATES score. It took Kobe 6 years in the NBA to understand that triple threat didnt mean shoot, shoot or hurry up and shoot. All the Kobe lovers just dont get it. The Hornets didnt go out and get an all star in free agency to suddenly lift their "best player" to being part of a top team. Where have the Fakers been the past 5 years?

If you say that Paul doesnt deserve to even be mentioned in the same breath as Kobe or as a top candidate for the MVP well you just are not very well informed. Kobe won with Hall of Famers surrounding him. He was such a self centered prick he likely gave away 3-5 titles because he wanted to be the center of attention? Who does that?
Ego-maniac me first type run of mill every day superstars do it.
Chris Paul has it all and is still down to earth. The comments about Katrina and New Orleans were just ridiculous. The cities condition has NOTHING to do with the fact that in a couple years this kid established himself as the best PG in the game. THE BEST....I said it. And yes that includes people from that country north of us.

Kobe is a great scorer and a great basketball player. His talent exceeds his production though. Where Chris Paul uses everything he has and then some. Just ponder the size of these two players for a second.
Inch for inch Chris Paul is the best player in the ENTIRE LEAGUE.

HOMER UP MFERS its time to beat the SPURS into submission.

And if you dont know why you have to hate the Spurs then you are either from San Antonio or one of those Yag bandwagoneers that jumps from champion to champion. ABCS is that you? The flops the crying its insane. And it comes from a team with rings? Embarrassing!!!!!

:shake:

know what i just relized.....who the x factor might be this series.......

bonzi wells, he has always played well against the spurs his entire career. even when the rockets had him, he would put up a double double against them.

The most overlooked and underrated trade of the year.

Spurs envy motivating New Orleans

Thursday, May 01, 2008John DeShazier

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

And San Antonio is the best.

So if the Hornets want what the Spurs have -- and every NBA team wants what the Spurs have -- there's only one way for the Hornets to get it: they're going to have to take it from the defending-champions, four-titles-in-the-past-nine-years Spurs by taking down San Antonio in the Western Conference semifinals.

<script style="display: none;" src="http://ads.nola.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_jx.ads/www.nola.com/xml/story/S/SHORN/@StoryAd" language="JavaScript1.1"></script><script language="JavaScript"> <!-- if (parseFloat(navigator.appVersion) == 0) { document.write('<IFRAME WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 HSPACE=0 VSPACE=0 FRAMEBORDER=0 SCROLLING=no BORDERCOLOR="#000000" SRC="http://ads.nola.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/www.nola.com/xml/story/S/SHORN/@StoryAd"></IFRAME>'); } --></script> <noscript>
@StoryAd
</noscript> Hey, nobody said this playoff thing was easy. Certainly, not nearly as easy as it was made to look by the Hornets in the first round against Dallas, which was embarrassed by New Orleans in a 4-1 series victory.

"They understand that this is what they play for," Hornets center Tyson Chandler said. "This is the time that the Spurs are at their best. They play for a trophy every year, and that's the level that we want to get to. They're seasoned veterans at every position, and they're not going to beat themselves. We're going to have to go out there and beat them."

Said New Orleans forward David West: "We know how good they are. We know what they've done, but we don't feel like there's any pressure on us to win or do anything.

"We're going to compete and play hard, but we're going in with the attitude that if we play the game the right way, stick to our guns and do what we do, we're going to give ourselves a chance."

Don't dismiss that final word "chance," because however it might be calculated for New Orleans -- as a puncher with knockout power, a legitimate heavyweight or any point in between -- the Hornets absolutely have one.

Too, let's not totally discount what the Hornets did against San Antonio during the regular season, when they split a four-game series. It's significant to note because in the previous two seasons, New Orleans couldn't beat the Big Three of the Western Conference -- San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix -- anywhere.

But if we're looking for proof that the playoffs totally are different from the regular season, look no further than the fact that the Hornets beat the Mavericks in Dallas in the first round, the franchise's first victory in Dallas since 1998.

"I said (Tuesday) night, we went from losing to Dallas 16, 17, 18 (actually 21) times in a row, to beating them six times in one year," West said. "We're looking at every challenge the same.

"The same approach we took with Dallas, we have to make sure we take with San Antonio. We know we haven't had that much success against them, but this year we altered that. This is just another opportunity to do so."

Big opportunity.

<script style="display: none;" src="http://ads.nola.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_jx.ads/www.nola.com/xml/story/S/SHORN/@StoryAd" language="JavaScript1.1"></script><script language="JavaScript"> <!-- if (parseFloat(navigator.appVersion) == 0) { document.write('<IFRAME WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 HSPACE=0 VSPACE=0 FRAMEBORDER=0 SCROLLING=no BORDERCOLOR="#000000" SRC="http://ads.nola.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/www.nola.com/xml/story/S/SHORN/@StoryAd"></IFRAME>'); } --></script> <noscript>
@StoryAd
</noscript> Big, bad opponent.

And the Spurs won't huff and puff like the overmatched Mavericks. San Antonio simply, and silently, will beat your team down.

"They're playing better now than they were in the regular season because they know the stakes are higher," said the Hornets' Byron Scott, who twice previously has coached playoff teams, and both times led his team (the Nets) to the NBA Finals.

"It's a great challenge," Scott added. "Like I said, they're the best team in the league until somebody can knock them off in a seven-game series. We have that opportunity.

"They are the best, there's no doubt about it. We knew (Tuesday) night after we saw (the Spurs eliminate Phoenix) that we had a big challenge ahead of us. But also, I knew we were going to be ready for the task because you want to play against the best team, and they are the best team."

The champs, in fact, eliminated a team specifically built to beat them, dismissing the Suns by the same 4-1 margin the Hornets posted in pulverizing Dallas.

True, San Antonio's margin of victory was smaller than was New Orleans'. Each of the three games it won at home went down to the end, with the Suns having an excellent chance to win them all.

But the Spurs, true to form, were tougher when it counted. Unlike their opponent, they didn't crack.

Now, the Hornets hold the hammer. Now, they get to swing.

"We're not going to go into this series, or any other series, expecting to lose," West said. "We expect to win, we expect to play well, we expect to do the right things to give ourselves a chance to win."

@StoryAd
</noscript> The athletic gospel, as penned or popularized by incomparable smack talker Ric Flair, states that if you want to be The Man, you've got to beat The Man.

San Antonio is The Man. The Hornets want to be.

Now, the Hornets get a chance to see if they can be.

Hornets now bracing for champ Spurs

N.O. higher seed but underdog against accomplished opponent
Thursday, May 01, 2008By Teddy Kider

On Tuesday night, two longtime Western Conference forces fell hard.
The Dallas Mavericks lost in the first round of the playoffs for the second consecutive season, spurring the firing of Coach Avery Johnson and speculation of a major team overhaul. The Phoenix Suns were outdone once again by the San Antonio Spurs, sparking conflicting reports about the future of Suns Coach Mike D'Antoni.

Both winners -- the Hornets and the Spurs -- were dominant and methodical in their approach, claiming victory after five of a possible seven games.

@StoryAd
</noscript> So which series win was more impressive?

"I thought ours was more impressive," Hornets Coach Byron Scott said Wednesday, smirking.

The Hornets will be put to the test beginning Saturday night, when the Spurs arrive at the New Orleans Arena for Game 1 of a best-of-seven Western Conference semifinal series.

The Hornets reached this point through a different route than the Spurs, who have won four of the NBA's past nine championships. But from the Hornets' celebration -- rather, lack of celebration -- after Tuesday night's 99-94 win against the Mavericks at the Arena, one might not realize it.

"I thought Chris (Paul) made a great point last night when he came into the locker room," Scott said. "Nobody was jumping up and down, celebrating. He said, 'Four down, 12 to go.' And that's how you've got to look at it. We've got to win 12 more games."

Despite the Hornets' No. 2 seed and home-court advantage for the semifinal series, New Orleans is likely to enter against the No. 3 seed Spurs in a familiar role -- as the underdog.

The Hornets, however, beat the Spurs, the league's defending champions, in two of four games during the regular season, including a 24-point blowout in San Antonio in January and a 25-point romp in March at the Arena.

"I don't know if many players on this team consider themselves underdogs, but for some reason, that's what we've been labeled as," Hornets center Tyson Chandler said.

The Hornets lost 12- and nine-point decisions to the Spurs during the regular season, but Scott said that his team has a firm grasp of what San Antonio is about -- beginning with power forward Tim Duncan.

"Playing them over the years, we know what type of team they are -- a different team than the Mavericks because of the fact that they are a post-up team first," Scott said. "They're going to throw that ball to Tim and kind of play off him. We've got to make sure we do a good job on him, which is a tall order.

@StoryAd
</noscript> "Tyson's got his hands full, and David (West) and (Melvin Ely) and Hilton (Armstrong) and all of those guys will be guarding him."

With Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili in the Spurs' backcourt, the Hornets will once again focus on transition defense. New Orleans will try to protect the lane and force San Antonio to be a jump-shooting team.

Scott said he knows that between Duncan, Parker and Ginobili, someone must be stopped.

"With the big three playing the way they're playing, you've got to take away one of those guys," Scott said. "All three of those guys can't have a great series."

I'm not gonna trash talk a great team such as New Orleans.

I love the Spurs but I love the Hornets too, started to like them ever since the tragedy, rooted for them to get to the top. Didn't think they'll be this good that fast, but they did and deserve all the props.

I will support the Spurs in the series however, even though you can beat me down with a stick, I can't see value in either side here, despite the fact SA has the experience. NOH will compensate that with their energy, second to none, fueled by CP3.

We'll see how old men handle that. The odds are sharp for this one.

Go Spurs. :cheers:

I will be watching this system very closely........

I'm sure being boring, dirty, and floppers wont help the Spurs one bit in this series...

:liar:......

Im on Spurs for the series. NO backers dont realize that Peja is a notorious choker, Tyson is SOFT, and all their other role players are not consistent (Bonzi tends to do well vs. Spurs). The spurs have the advantage when it comes to the supporting cast as well as the stars (Parker, Manu, Timmy vs Paul, West). The only advantage NO has is their athleticism which cannot carry them beyond this series.....:popcorn:

:bong:

In the 2nd round opening games since 2000/2001

The spurs are

6-1 ATS
5-2 SU

There only ATS loss came as a 4pt fav against Dallas 2 years ago, where they won 88-86.

yea... I do realize that Peja has to be guarded by Bowen and the very reason I wanted the Suns to win. It'll be tough definitely and just off the top of my head I would say the Spurs win it. Pargo will have to have to keep up his hot hand in the 2nd while we need some SOLID back-up play from Hilton and I'm scarred of having Ely play this round because they do have a 3 big man rotation and Tyson will have a lot to handle with Timmy. Julian and Bonzi need to continue to contribute on defense off the bench.

Still we are a much better team this year than in the past and the extra home game I'd imagine will play in our favor. We are good enough this year to steal a W on the road, atleast in my opinion, gotta take care of home court and can't get complacent at anytime.

Besides... what kind of fan would I be if I said I don't think we can't win? Hard not for me to be slightly biased at this point since we are in the playoffs, I never thought we'd be having Round 2 with home court when I first bought my tickets for this season.

So I guess the Hornets WONT be the popular pick. DUH!

I am absolutely loving it. Write the Hornets off PLEASE!!!!!!

Spurs gonna leave the series with a trip home and a bad case of JU-JU beads on their neck.

Back