***Spring Training In-Game Thread***

Gomber pitching today for cards. He could end up being important to our rotation with the uncertainty we have with several guys. It be really nice to have a effective lefty starter as well!!

cards Ff -.5 +137 for me. More a degen bet cause it cold and rainy here so I’m not working today. Lol. Gomber pitching for a spot while you would think a vet like anibal far more worried about getting himself ready for the start of season than looking impressive.

Got a run in 1st after Wong double and sac fly by dejung!! Now just need the pitching to hold up for 4 more innings! Lol

Angels and twins gonna score some freaking runs this year. Angels in particular can’t pitch, gonna be some overs! lol

Well that cards bet toast. I was lead to believe Reyes was gonna be second pitcher out instead they used some scrub I never heard of, actually lucky nats only have 3 but still prob too much for cards weak offense to overcome. Lol

Even if the bet toast I’m excited for next inning to see how Reyes looks!! Man how great would it be if he could actually be healthy one year?!?!! That would change things drastically!! Our pitching staff could be dominate with flaherty, Martinez, and Reyes at the top!!!

Im gitty over you staying here with us instead of at sbr! :)

there really only handful of guys (if that) over there worth talking bases with.

Jfc bader is never gonna be good at the plate. Dude just swung right thru a hanging breaking ball for his second strike out of day. Lol.

time for Reyes!!

Kid all over the place. Throws a filthy change up to Soto to get him down 1-2 then he hangs another in a pitchers count and gives up another base hit when he should be putting guy away.

I was cussing up a storm they pulled dejung out too! Lol. After cussing about watching Gorman and Carlson (our untouchable prospects) who can’t hit shit! Lol

Help me understand the new 3 batter rule please. I thought I had it but broadcaster just said something that confused me.

So let’s say guy comes in and gets last out of inning. I know then you can change between innings but if you bring him back out for next inning does he then have to face 2 batters for 3 total? Or 3 more batters? Anyone who starts a inning has to face 3?

I'm assuming it's just 3 batters total. Even if you start an inning after getting the 3rd out the previous inning.

I think he referring to our excitement or willingness to bet spring training! Lol.

Although I would say I think spring training and nfl preseason can present some opportunities if you are able to figure out pitching rotations/lineups for a game and what the teams goals are. Not saying I’m great at any of that but some I’ve known over the years pretty good at it.

Personally I am just sick and generally really excited for baseball by now!! Lol. I may have gotten incredibly lucky but I’m now 1-0 +1.35 on the early grapefruit action!! :)

I think he referring to our excitement or willingness to bet spring training! Lol.

Although I would say I think spring training and nfl preseason can present some opportunities if you are able to figure out pitching rotations/lineups for a game and what the teams goals are. Not saying I’m great at any of that but some I’ve known over the years pretty good at it.

Personally I am just sick and generally really excited for baseball by now!! Lol. I may have gotten incredibly lucky but I’m now 1-0 +1.35 on the early grapefruit action!! :)

Oh I thought it was the lack of disappointment in your reaction to the news I posted about Sev and I thought since we‘re obviously buds he assumed I felt the same way, hence we‘d be sick

I played the cards ff and then full game over 8.5. Waino not the guy who gonna care about st results as much as getting himself ready working on things so doubt he puts up a impressive stat line.

Oh I thought it was the lack of disappointment in your reaction to the news I posted about Sev and I thought since we‘re obviously buds he assumed I felt the same way, hence we‘d be sick

Oh, well one of us misread it! Lol. Not as if I was or am rooting for any player to get hurt. Just not gonna shed any tears over yankees losing a player. lol.

Jfc cardinals, looking like ‘19 all over again. Load the bases with no outs and fail to score a run. Fuck that hurts my bets but even worse I’m afraid that a prelude to our 2020 offense. lol

wonder how much a indicator it is that lane Thomas doesn’t seem to be getting any starts?? What I feared is coming to fruition, playing time for this club is gonna continue to be based on contracts opposed to merit. So sick of Fowler and we still on hook for another year after this one!! Yuck. Suppose In center it more a case of them for some reason loving Bader even tho he awful at the plate!!

Cards are not good at evaluating their outfield talent. That been evident since back when they refused to give Pham a legit chance then traded him away for a bag of balls (pretty sure he had a better ops for rays last year than any our outfielders!). Now this year we shipped Arozarena out after giving him no chance last year burying him on the bench after he was called up. Wanna bet he shines for rays this year? At least we got what looks to be a excellent pitching prospect in return which we needed after giving up alcontera for Ozuna punk ass couple years ago (i think alcontera primed for a break out season for marlins while we don’t even have Ozuna anymore).

I’d be so excited for this team if we played a outfield of Carlson/Thomas/O’Neal. Unfortunately we be lucky to see one of those 3 full time. As mentioned it a unfortunate forgone conclusion Fowler be out there wasting a spot in right pretty much every day. Bader prob another black hole in the lineup while playing excellent center field most every day. Then it would be so Cardinals to keep the youngsters on bench for a platoon chance combined with this redic infatuation they have with this scrub Dean who wasnt protected by marlins! (How good can a guy be if he couldnt break thru and start for the fish?).

For being a allegedly smart organization I seriously don’t understand wtf they doing at times!! they refused to trade most these young guys while continually talking them up yet are scared to ever expose them to full time big league pitching!!! Makes no sense. Then they end up trading them for pennies on the dollar years later ala Carson Kelly who thrived when zona gave him a chance to play every day last year.

Well at least I got the push on 1st 5. Kills me woulda cashed if they coulda only plated 1 run with that bases juiced no outs situation. Shildt has talked a bunch about improving the situational hitting, must not have sunk in yet! Lmao

I’m a believer in Genesis Cabrera and expect they stretch him to 3+ innings today. So cards ff -.5 for me.

I’m a believer in Genesis Cabrera and expect they stretch him to 3+ innings today. So cards ff -.5 for me.

well Cabrera had his finger nail rip off during a pitch so only made it 1 batter into 2nd inning but a no name minor leaguer and even cecil were able to handle Twinkie’s no name group they fielded today!!! Cards take the cash!!

yadi had a few hits to opposite field. O’Neal drove a run in. Carlson was hit less today but did move a runner on 2nd over to 3rd w less than 2 outs and drew a walk. Bader continues sucking as he came up with runners on corners w no outs and proceeded to strike out on 3 pitches. Speaking of sucking Fowler turned in a typical performance going 0-3 with 3 strike outs! We won’t even get lucky enough for him to get hurt if the bum can’t make contact!! I dunno if I can stomach them starting Fowler and bader when the season begins!!!

Last edited:
Omg., this pitcher cws just brought in has a great name. Aaron Bummer! What a bummer for him! Lol

Miggy and some dude I don't know with 2 HRs each in first two innings. Tigers roughing up Gerritt Cole.

Miggy and some dude I don't know with 2 HRs each in first two innings. Tigers roughing up Gerritt Cole.

tigers hit like freaking 9 total for the game today!!! 4 or 5 off Cole in 2 innings of work. I suppose for the yanks sake he may have been working on a new pitch or something, Lol. With all the injuries and uncertainty in their rotation they gonna need Cole to be a absolute monster for 30 starts.

I’m really starting to like rays to win the al East, yanks got players dropping like flies and i like most the smaller type moves rays made, except for moving Pham, not sure why they did that? But they did add arozarena who I think cards once again whiffed on evaluating their outfield talent and will end up being a very good contributor for Tampa. We had to move Jose Martinez cause he was such a liability in the field, his bat will play huge at dh for them even if it is somewhat a platoon. Without having to worry about fielding so much I think he have a monster year at the plate.

Last edited:
Back