Spring Training Chat

On Friday my Rangers made a very nice move by signing Robbie Grossman to a one-year deal worth $2 million
the deal also includes $3 million in incentives
Grossman is a switch-hitting corner outfielder who split the 2022 season between the Tigers and Braves.
In 2021 Grossman set career highs in games played (156), runs scored (88), hits (133), home runs (23), RBIs (67), walks (98) and stolen bases (20) with Detroit

Is Chris Guccione usually a hitter's umpire? I'm watching cubs vs dodgers replay right now and this fucker won't call anything a strike.

On Friday my Rangers made a very nice move by signing Robbie Grossman to a one-year deal worth $2 million
the deal also includes $3 million in incentives
Grossman is a switch-hitting corner outfielder who split the 2022 season between the Tigers and Braves.
In 2021 Grossman set career highs in games played (156), runs scored (88), hits (133), home runs (23), RBIs (67), walks (98) and stolen bases (20) with Detroit

They seem to be clicking offensively early on. I been telling yoj this for a year but I’m all bout seager having big time year long as stays healthy. I might even look at throwing beer money on him to win mvp. Although not likely his team be in it enough? Only trout and ohtani get the mvp without contention for obvious reasons.

Today was 1st day I followed this spring. It wasn’t easy, only found 1-2 on xm radio and 1 on tv but between those and scoreboard watching on phone it sure seemed like teams were running like crazy with the new can’t throw over rule. Is that more normal in spring? My memory not good enough to say but sure felt like I saw a whole bunch of stolen bases and like zilch thrown out!!

Was that a game w a line (or was it split squad!?). Wonder how they handled that? I guess they have to call the game after the 8.5 innings sense technically that when it shoulda been over.

On another note the scoring has been crazy thus far. I dunno if it rule changes or what? I know the Arizona league the temps little chilly but they have had lot of strong helping wind, dunno if those in altitude. Oddsmakers jacking lines up quick. I dunno if they have adjusted enough, a few I think prob over did it and under the play but I’m not messing w those, trying to cherry pick some the games I think will continue being high scoring. Today I went with

Phi/minny ov 10
Kc/col ov 11
Mil/laa ov 12 (this ducker moved fast before I could get 11).

The game was over. The teams agreed to simply play the bottom of the 9th so one of their guys could get work on the mound.

The Orioles wanted to get some work on the mound for right-hander Ofreidy Gómez. Teams occasionally agree to shorten or lengthen spring training games depending on needs.

Hyde said the umpiring crew was not on board with the plan and left the field.

"A little backfield action," Hyde told the Baltimore Sun after the game. "We were told by the league that we could clear it by the umpires and pitch the bottom half of the ninth inning, and I guess [crew chief] Chad Fairchild felt that we couldn't."

With the umpires gone, the balls and strikes were called by the catcher, just like is done in so many backyard games. Maverick Handley, a non-roster invitee who has never played about the Double-A level, was behind the plate for the Orioles.

The game was over. The teams agreed to simply play the bottom of the 9th so one of their guys could get work on the mound.

The Orioles wanted to get some work on the mound for right-hander Ofreidy Gómez. Teams occasionally agree to shorten or lengthen spring training games depending on needs.

Hyde said the umpiring crew was not on board with the plan and left the field.

"A little backfield action," Hyde told the Baltimore Sun after the game. "We were told by the league that we could clear it by the umpires and pitch the bottom half of the ninth inning, and I guess [crew chief] Chad Fairchild felt that we couldn't."

With the umpires gone, the balls and strikes were called by the catcher, just like is done in so many backyard games. Maverick Handley, a non-roster invitee who has never played about the Double-A level, was behind the plate for the Orioles.
Yeah I had to read through it multiple times, the tweet itself was 100% misleading. But still thought it was funny to see.

Yea but feel like it even more excessive this year and it kinda shows how fast the totals went from 9s and 9.5s to 11s

I deleted because I assumed you were talking spring to spring and my comment didn’t make sense …and yes it seems they have been a little high scoring but not a huge sample size yet.

However, spring training totals have always seemingly been in the 10-11 range for most games…but now I see some at 12.5, even 13. So yes they’re going up, but not from 9 to 10.5 or 11, but from 11 to 12.5 or 13.

I deleted because I assumed you were talking spring to spring and my comment didn’t make sense …and yes it seems they have been a little high scoring but not a huge sample size yet.

However, spring training totals have always seemingly been in the 10-11 range for most games…but now I see some at 12.5, even 13.

Yesterday was 1st day I followed and there was def more running than I’d seen in last 10 years but I don’t remember if that normal in spring also? Don’t think anyone got thrown out! lol.

10 went over 10 runs yesterday, that cards game only had 8 runs but they easily coulda had 14+.

I feel as if waiting an inning to bet a total live makes a lot of sense. Phi has already dropped to 8.5 after a scoreless first, the Yanks are down to 9.5 juiced to the under after one scoreless frame.

I feel as if waiting an inning to bet a total live makes a lot of sense. Phi has already dropped to 8.5 after a scoreless first, the Yanks are down to 9.5 juiced to the under after one scoreless frame.

Yanks games was ons I really wanted to play under. Nats lack bats and they couldn’t get runners home for shit yesterday agaibst a bunch of pitchers who won’t be on cards roster, Was just little nervous bout the pitching nats bring in vs yanks bats.

agree w going live in that Phil’s game. Neither team bringing in lot of top notch pitchers as this game goes, should be plenty runs still

Eduardo Perez is the absolute worst MLB broadcaster. How this guy has a job with that kind of voice is one of the universe's greatest unsolved mysteries. Nepotism at it's finest.

Back