Spring Injuries...

Ryan Madsen had a setback and seems unlikely to be ready by opening day..

Matt Garza getting an MRI

Mat Gamel is done for the year with a knee

Johnny Damon has offered his services to fill in for Grandy. Hafner, Damon ... Yanks trying to reprise the mighty 2012 Tribe line-up? Get Jack Hannahan and Shelley Duncan on the horn.

Carl Crawford has been shut down by the dodgers with tightness in the Tommy John repaired elbow.

Carl Crawford has been shut down by the dodgers with tightness in the Tommy John repaired elbow.

What a surprise!

ESPN/Grantland recently did a piece on the 15 worst contracts in baseball. The Dodgers had 4 of them. (Crawford checked in at #2.)

What a surprise!

ESPN/Grantland recently did a piece on the 15 worst contracts in baseball. The Dodgers had 4 of them. (Crawford checked in at #2.)

They took the Crawford contract just to get Gonzalez. I'm actually OK with it, it was a roll of the dice. Hopefully the tightness is just a nerve thing and not related to the surgery. If the guy never plays again whatever.....they can afford it now.

As a fan I really don't care how many bad contrast they take on, win me a fucking championship. I've been waiting patiently since the 80s. This is one of the flagship franchises of the league. I'm just happy they are spending and McCourt is gone.

I hear ya'. Although Gonzalez is on that list too. Red Sox pulled that deal with a gun and a mask.

But Kershaw & Grienke at the top of the rotation ... they'll be tough.

Yea I'm very bullish on backing Grienke when he pitches at Dodger stadium. Perfect park for him to pitch in IMO. Right now they are eight pitchers deep for a starting rotation, I fully expect them to put together some sort of a deal for a backup plan in left field that can play everyday in case the Crawford situation doesn't work out.

Regarding the Gonzo contract I'm not so sure it was such a bad contract. He just was not a AL East or Boston in particular type of player. I think he will thrive in LA like he did in SD early in his career. He is in a good spot, like the third or fourth biggest name on the team now. Gonna be tough to pitch around Gonzo, Kemp, Hanley and Ethier in any order they throw out there.

In any event it's nice to be excited as a fan for the first time in a long time going into a season.

Never sounds great, but sore shoulder for CP (or so I hear) ... out for WBC (good!), out 7-10 days, expected to be back on track for Opening Day.

Brantley out for a bit too, gashed his hand wide open last week.

Already sounds a little worse for Perez. Won't throw for 7-10 days, won't pitch in game for 3-4 weeks, status for Opening Day would seem a little up in the air.

Back