Spartaneer's Week 6 Footsies

Spartaneers

Pretty much a regular
NCAAF Posted Record

Large Unit Plays: 4-2, (Large Unit Plays on Michigan State games: 3-0)
Sides: 13-12
Totals: 8-7
Teasers: 1-4

Teaser's obviously killing me, and I deserve it. Making up for that with the large unit plays though.

Plays to follow!

First play:

Clemson-14

Simply too short of a line, in my opinion. The NC State offense performed about as well as anyone could have asked last week, and still lost by double digits at home to Fla St. Only concern here is a letdown from Clemson, and as we all know if any team is known for it, that would be the Tigers. But with all the talent in the Clemson front 7 on defense, and the lack of NC State offense and all of the youth concerns down in Raleigh, I'll confidently take Clemson -14.

Two Large Play's:
Michigan State -7
Michigan State ML/Saints ML/Clemson ML (-111)

MSU/Nebraska comes down to two things; Line play and Tommy Armstrong vs Connor Cook.

The offensive line for both team's are going to have issues. Pass rush for both teams should be prevalent, but both teams should be able to run the ball successfully. Abdullah a big concern here, but Cross is damn good himself and doesn't get enough credit. However, Tommy Armstrong will not beat the Michigan State defense.
Armstrong throws a good deep ball, but I'm not sure he will have too many opportunities. MSU is going to blitz him like hell at every opportunity, and its going to be up to him to hit the check down and intermediary routes. Last year, MSU won at Nebraska due to 5 turnovers and a defense that couldn't really stop the MSU offense. Cook should have an absolute field day against the Cornhuskers. 5 turnovers won't happen again, but you'd be crazy to think MSU didn't have the advantage in turnover margin this Saturday night. Huge home, night game for a questionable passer against the best QB in the B1G with a runningback in Jeremy Langford who just doesn't put the ball on the ground. Also good to note MSU has forced I believe 8 fumbles this year, and have recovered all 8 of them. Obviously some luck playing into that as well as weak competition, but let's face it: no one has played much of any competition thus far.

I've bet against the Spartans (Backed Jacksonville St week 1) and laid off them when I strongly considered them week 2 (against Oregon), but now is not the time to do so. This is the best offense out of MSU in the Dantonio era that is accompanied by an upper-echelon defense. The D is no longer one of the top few in the country, but its still up there in the top 15/20.

Remember: Michigan State won every B1G game by double digits last season, and that includes at Nebraska. At 7 points, it's too hard for me to pass up this team. I think MSU runs into some problems at Indiana and at Maryland, but at home, this team should cruise all year. Putting my large play MSU record of 3-0 on the line with the -7 play, and a ML piece on them

Appalachian State +3.5

Right from the opener, I wanted action here. Opened up at at 5 and was really hoping it would get to 7 after seeing it get bet up to 5 and a half. Clearly not going to happen, and since I'm not missing out on any real key numbers, 3.5 is the play for me. Will be on moneyline closer to kick if its still at least 140 or above.

Maryland +8.5
Really like this terps team, and seems like the public is on them as well. Definitely want to hit this now, because if the public is backing Maryland, no way this line hits above 10. I would be willing to bet Sharps will hit UMD as well. Not a fan of this Ohio State team, and line seems inflated to me after the blowout win.

gl this week spartaneers ...

btw what is origin of the name?

Thanks... Originally from Northern VA, and somehow someway turned into a gigantic MSU fan (no connection to MI/program).. hence the Spartans

Moved to North Carolina, attend AppState, hence the 'Neers

Zona +24

I feel this is a very good spot for MSU because they still have that sour taste from that Oregon loss in their mouth. I agree they will will blitz like crazy and give NU fits.

I think they will be looking to make a statement at home after what happened previously and I also think NU is a little overvalued because of who they have played. Give me MSU all day

Really really don't want to double up on Illinois, because they are not a good football team. But, can't pass this up: Illinois-6 2H for Illini -3 Adjusted.

Bad, bad read on Illinois, no excuses there. Horrendous coaching in Champaign. 5-2 start this weekend, just one add on the 3:30 kick: Bama/Ole Miss Under 53

Small half unit play on 2H MSU -3. In great shape already, but this Nebraska offense is not built to play from behind.

Back