Spain v Germany Euro 2008 final

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Well deserved for Spain, I'm so glad they won today, I love this team. They've shown nothing but class throughout the tournament and deserved to get here. I will be betting them in the final, since I think they have the cure for what Germany plays, and are better than Portugal at the moment.

One thing: DO NOT expect the same Germany from the Turkey (and Croatia) matches. In those two they were COMPLETELY outplayed. Expect a tough Germany, running a lot, passing a lot, trying to penetrate the flanks.

However, I think Spain has the counter game for this. Their passing has been superb, the way they play has been more than impressive. Villa won't play, but expect Fabregas to FINALLY get a start. This will work fine with Nando Torres up front.

Spain are just better. Germany will be better than against Turkey and Croatia but I can't shake off the impression they will be outplayed and beaten in the finals, Spain is just too deep, too experienced and has too much class at the moment. Evidently they do not have the underdog status any more and broke all choke barriers by reaching the finals.

Spain pk and -0.5 2.03

medium stakes.

Will also add some on Spain to win the thing.

Btw, our competition is reaching the end slowly, one more game left, I will be updating everyone's scores these days, but please notify me of any mistakes should they happen.

The winner will be paid $150 and the runner up gets $50.

Not much but it's free money, so what did you expect :D.

GL guys.

little torn about this. the two teams I've always supported in any major competition face each other. Do I wear my Raul jersey or red Germany jersey....I don't know. Right now it seems this tournament is Spain's to lose. I'm still waiting for Nando to explode, could this be it? I want to see Cesc start, he's wearing #10 for pete sakes. He had a phenomenal season with Arsenal so why not let the kid showcase his stuff. Germany has looked like garbage the past few games god forbid they are still even in this tournament.

But deep down I'm going ot have to go with Spain, but funny, how Germany opened the tourney as favorites but are underdogs in the finals. Go figure.

I also like Spain to win it all. The only thing that I am afraid is German's airballs and setpieces

3400134-lg.jpg

spain play very good pressing game and very good passing ball!

I will be rooting for Espana. They endured some pretty bad calls in their match against Italia, and I was rooting for Italia. Matchbook is offering Germany +232 and draw +222. It is hard to pass these prices up, especially with Villa out.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
I have Spain to win it all at the beginning of the tournament at +600. Going to let it ride. Spain is the better team at the moment and has all the tools to get past Germany.

beautiful futbol by Espana. Germans completely outclassed in style of play. torres needs to run the 100m in the olympics. one of my biggest plays of the year came in on spain. wish i had gotten an earlier line though. good analysis and of course $$.

2 more years til WC, can't wait

Tide :shake:

money has been paid to Ninis, still waiting the runner up to answer the PM :).

Back