South Carolina is in big trouble

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=top>Jasper Brinkley update (updated 1:06)....</TD><TD class="" style="PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right 1??>Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR color=#cccccc noShade>
I have confirmed that Jasper Brinkley is indeed out for the year. He tore ligaments in his knee. I understand USC will apply for a medical redshirt if he wants to go that route, and they are confident it would be granted.

Fuck me fuck fuck fuck fuck

Why would they not apply for a medical redshirt? It will only be beneficial, as it will keep a good player from having a year wasted because of injury.

They are going to apply, but he has played in 4 games and I think the rule states you can not play more than 25% of the games. Not sure, but they are applying.

It basically means that you can run all day on the Gamecocks. He went down on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game? Returned a little later in the 2nd quarter and played most of the 2nd half on that leg but he was never the same. I am pretty upset about this.

They are going to apply, but he has played in 4 games and I think the rule states you can not play more than 25% of the games. Not sure, but they are applying.

It basically means that you can run all day on the Gamecocks. He went down on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game? Returned a little later in the 2nd quarter and played most of the 2nd half on that leg but he was never the same. I am pretty upset about this.

And this is new?

lol

And this is new?

lol

ULL got 150 of their yards when Jasper was on the sideline.

He plays full game vs. UGA and they run for 120 (70 before Moreno breaks one late)

SC State didn't do shit

He went out 2nd play vs. LSU, not that matters much there but they are not an average team, they are 3 flights above everyone else

Dixon from MSU will prob break 100 this weekend. There is just no way anyone or combo of people on SC can make up for Jasper. We don't have the experience or depth. This is huge and will likely cost us a win somewhere (Kentucky?)

My prop bet is getting decimated by injuries as the year goes on...I'll be happy with a push on this one at this point. UK and Clemson aren't automatic wins like I thought they probably would be...

How are you feeling about SC -14.5 this weekend?

I want to like MSU, but they just haven't been that great. In their one good win, they really got severely outplayed and lucked into a victory.

Thoughts?

Honestly, I have no idea at the moment. I mean, Spurrier has to make a lot of changes this week and I have to see what they are before I even touch that game. The only thing I am sure of, if given the opportunity, Spurrier will let Smelley air it out all day. He knows he can hand the ball off, he knows their are some people at RB, he doesn't know if we have any body that can catch the ball. Jarred Cook has a bruised sternum so I want to see his status. Weslye Saunder was the big te that caught a few balls in the game, also didn't turn up field and at 280lbs tried to juke out a kid that runs a 4.3. Who is going to take Jasper's spot in the middle? Shit, I would put the closest thing dna wise to Jasper there and thats Casper. A lot of questions to be answered this week.

"Steve Spurrier sees a silver lining in Jasper Brinkley's season-ending knee injury - South Carolina should have one heck of a defense in 2008.

Brinkley intends to return to the Gamecocks next season after he recovers from torn ligaments, Spurrier said following Monday night's two-hour workout on the Bluff Road practice fields.

In order for Brinkley to return, the NCAA must grant a medical hardship allowing him to play one more season. Spurrier believes that's likely to happen.

"The positive part is I think we'll be able to get a medical hardship because it happened in the first quarter of the third game. So we believe he'll be back next year," Spurrier said. "It's up to the NCAA. They've been pretty forgiving and lenient and helpful to student-athletes in the last few years. It should not be a problem."

A new NCAA rule provides that season-ending injuries must occur in the first 30 percent of the season in order for a player to receive a medical redshirt. With 12 scheduled games, the cutoff point is 3.6 games.

Since Brinkley was hurt in the first quarter of the fourth game, he falls within the period specified by the rule."

tough loss for you. then again it could be much worse. like i have it ... no briggs, vasher, harris, dvoracek, brown, ruben brown.

hope your boys can find a way. love SEC football. losing a good player is never fun.

Back