Someone call Mark Morrison because we got the Return of the Mac (tion)

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
its about time, tuesdays have been crazy boring. nothing like some degenerate specials.

I acutally really like Ball State to cover tonight. 18 is a ton of points for a road team in Maction. Ball State can really get up for this game and put a scare into this years surprise undefeated team. Even if they are blown out, the back door should be open

Anyone else have any feel for these sides?

Betting against Western Michigan has been unhealthy. But yeah Ball St isn't a horrible team. Western is going to get their's right? No way Ball St can slow or stop them. Western is getting into the 40s for sure. Ball can score some point, I agree. How many does Ball get? Figure you would need them to atleast score 27. I could see that maybe. So it seems like a low total, what am I missing? How does WM not score 40-50 like they have in every other MAC game? Ball St and Over?

Anybody with a good database have historical info on the clip unders come in on these Tues/Wed games? In my head it's a lot but I don't know.

Yeah crimson i was thinking the same thing. i feel like in past years games that seem like they would be shootouts are 20-6 in the 4th quarter. Weird things happen on Tuesdays. The smart thng to do is probably just lay off tuesday Maction but they dont call us degens for nothing

I am definitely not betting against PJ Fleck at this point in the season with a stinker like Ball St. WMU avg margin of victory is 25 and 27 over MAC opponents much better than Ball St. (CMU, NIU post qb change, zips, EMU)

PJ Fleck is also an insane person, doubt he lets them come out flat

Yeah crimson i was thinking the same thing. i feel like in past years games that seem like they would be shootouts are 20-6 in the 4th quarter. Weird things happen on Tuesdays. The smart thng to do is probably just lay off tuesday Maction but they dont call us degens for nothing

Haha I will prob layoff and watch the baseball game and the WMU game on each screen. I don't have much to contribute to either game I don't follow MAC closely enough. WMU needs to show well here though, I think, getting a game where they will have more people watching than normal.

Ball St will want to run it and tough to do on W Mich and when WMU has it - I think they can make some explosive plays in the pass game because Ball St will give them up and WMU has the talent on perimeter and their balance will be difference. W Mich just has better players than the rest of the MAC - PJ recruits better than a portion of the B1G.

I see.

WM-Ball total up 3 pts since we started this discussion from 61 to 64 at the spot I get numbers from. I can't see WM being held below 40, so the question becomes how much can Ball score? They can usually score a decent amount, 25 ppg in MAC and 31 nonconference. Western plays D, but teams have scored on them too. EMich got 31, NIU got 30, Ga Southern got 31...now they did shut out Akron, although that was without Woodson at QB....still, that is a nice accomplishment to shut anyone out and Akron had been scoring ok with the backup (the backup is quite a bit of a step down from Woodson however in terms of balance and passing especially).

Interesting that none of Ball St's games this year would go 'over' the current number. They highest scoring game was a 31-27 game at FAU.

I like BG with the 17 best of all tonight.

Posted some thoughts on them in the week 10 ML thread. Now looking back...Buffalo trailed just 7-10 in the 2nd qrt vs NIU, but they were -4 TOs in the first half! Buffalo's first two possessions were back-to-back INTs. Two led to NIU scores and one was in the EZ on 2nd down after a long Buffalo drive. Then in the second half Buffalo just had nothing at all on O.

I feel that performance by NIU is the exception. The rule is close games vs the likes of CMich, Ball St, W ILL.

Everyone knows that BG sucks this year. I was at a Halloween party last night and two, what I would say average ncaa football fans atleast in terms of following nationally, commented how bad BG is this year. Actually I see some things I like in their last two games. Will see if they can keep that up.

If anyone is watching WMU for first time they have a WR you may want on your NFL fantasy team next year, Corey Davis and a DB who could be covering him in Darius Phillips. Two fun guys to watch

Wow the Ball State WR who got cut off on the INT, he made ZERO attempt to chase down/tackle the interceptor. Did anyone else see that? He made pretty much zero movement til the guy was several yards running away

Kind of a comedy of errors for BGSU. They weren't going to keep it close (or have a chance to win) with their D. But all-in-all the D wasn't horrible by MAC standards. The O let them down. And how about a FAKE PUNT at their own 21 in the 3rd qrt. They have done some fake punts before, this one clearly wasn't there as 2 NIU defenders beat their blocks as the punter rolled out. Seeing this he still had time for the punt, but went ahead with the run and when NIU defenders converged on him he tries to wing it downfield and it was easily picked near the line of scrimmage. NIU was in the EZ 4p and 24y later. BG also had a extra pt blk'd, which for a while looked like it would matter for the spread as it was an 18 pt game. BG also had a FG blk'd. This one can't top the fake punt, but BG had good field position 1st and 10 at the 27, the QB is getting sacked, fully in the grasp and he gets his arm out and tries to throw it away, but ofcourse it slips out of his hand and goes backwards, a loss of 22 yards. Now at the 47 yard line. Earlier in the 4th BG had a 1st and goal the 8, but eventually failed to get into the EZ on 4th down. NIU felt like the better team clearly almost all night. I felt kind of lucky that BG still had a chance to cover late into the game actually. They shot themselves in the foot a few times and couldn't capitalize when they needed to. But bad teams do bad things.

Ball St wasn't going to stop Western Michigan. Although you have to be surprised how Ball was able to gash the Western D. Still just a MAC D after all...and MAC Ds do what MAC Ds do. NIU hit them for 251 (5.98). Ball ran for 298 (7.1). It isn't like WM was scheming to take away the pass, Ball St started their backup Milas (had prior year starting experience in 2014 including a very good game in a close loss that year to WM - different teams this time around). Ball's QB was bad, the coach was pissed at several of his terrible throws. I'm surprised they didn't go back to Neal. But they stuck with Milas to their own detriment. He did have a 47y run on a drive into WM territory, but they punted. It was really the Terrell to Cory Davis show. Davis made a lot of uncontested catches and some tough ones, lots of RAC and nice moves. 12-272-3TD He is very polished, will be interesting to see where he ends up in the NFL. Greg Jennings was good at WM, but Davis is incredible. He's not in a pass-happy O so he doesn't have eye popping numbers compared to others, but he is a stud.

More MACtion tomorrow!

Like I said PJ Fleck is an insane person and will want the style points. Twice Ball St went for 4th and short, missed it, and the next play Fleck is going deep down field. Once for a touchdown and the other the guy was beat and the receiver bobbled it. He will not slow down so if you look to fade them the team better be solid.

We won't know this, but almost seemed like they really wanted to showcase Davis, to show him off to the nation. And why not! Certainly worked. But that is not typical for how they run their offense and how they utilize him. Really anything that WM wanted to do tonight was going to work. Ball wasn't going to stop them from getting their's, this we knew. What we (or me) didn't know was what could Ball ST contribute to the score. Now we know that too.

Was looking at the game tomorrow. I don't see how Toledo doesn't score as much as they want. Buffalo just ran for 9 ypc and 378 yards against the Zips and Ball St ran for 6 ypc the week before and WMU 7 ypc and 378 on the ground 3 weeks ago. Akron's defense is one of the worst I've watched this whole season and Toledo's offense is nasty - gone over 400 in every game, 500+ in 6/8 and 600+ twice. They've got nice balance offensively and so when/if Akron loads the box Woodside should kill them through air they have a top 10 pass offense - he has thrown for 3+ TD in every game and his OL has done a great job keeping him clean they've only given up 7 sacks all year. Akron offense, specifically the pass game, is really the only shot I think they have in this game to keep it close. Toledo defense gives up tons of yardage and lots of big plays and Akron having Lane and Natson on the perimeter should cause lots of problems. Gonna be lot of big plays on both sides but if I had to pick a side it would be Toledo - don't think there is really anything interesting about Akron - I suppose if you like them then you could just bet the over because I dont see anyway they cover without scoring mid 30's

Back