Some idle/random thoughts for today

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Just been watching and observing for the last 3 days in the NBA. Tough time of year. Good picking to all who are winning more than they lose right now. Haven't really seen any good spots. Leaned on an under last night in CHI but didn't feel like toying with it.

The New York Knicks

The melee at MSG just may bring this team together a bit. I am more an old school NBA guy. I hope Isiah told Mardy Collins to do that. I could care less what George Karl said because that was garbage to have players in their. Its akin to Melo having broken his wrist or something for being in a game during garbage time. He is missing time either way. I think that kind of incident may bring this NYK team together. I believe they will make playoffs. I honestly do.

One another thing I thought about before the Utah/New York game was this.. The suspensions/injuries give Marbury/Crawford a chance to play regular minutes and get back into a groove that they have been used to earlier in their careers. It certanily showed against the Jazz as both were excellent. It amazes me that Marbury doesn't go for 22-11 every single night. Kid is that gifted and has done it before. Very perplexing. We'll see what happens.

Iverson to Nuggets

Love the trade quite a bit. Before anyone brings up the selfish nature of Iverson lets remember how many games of over 10 assists he has had this year. No doubt he is going to shoot the ball but he can create quite a bit. In the Denver system he will put up gaudy numbers. Lets say when team is gelled back together I can see a 25 ppg and 13 assist average in all honesty. Nash like numbers but only better. As long as he doesn't force himself upon this team as 'the guy'(because he isn't)..the Nuggets will be one fun team to watch. Imagine a playoff series with the Suns!

Melo is out for another 14 games. This is perfect. Iverson gets a chance to gel with the other teamates and get into his own groove within the system. By the time Anthony gets back it will be an easier transition meshing the two together. I think this trade was sped up quite a bit due to the Denver lack of manpower.

The Phoenix Suns

This team is amazing. I can honestly say that I haven't seen a streak like this in some time. Now, you say look at the competition and so forth and its not that great. I beg to differ. Long road trip, no rest since and just winning. Not scraping by..winning handily. I eman, tonight would have been a great situation to play Denver if the team was intact and the trade had not went down. That being said, although I think ats is in question no reason Suns to lose to a very undermanned Nuggets squad. They have been in many unfavorable spots the last week or so and come out victorious in each.

I have one fear for Suns fans. This is somewhat reminiscent of last seasons Detroit squad. Peaking too early perhaps? Well, I cannot see team disharmony like Detroit last year popping up so they should be fine. With Carmello now missing 18 percent of the season I think Nash is the MVP again. If LAL can get 55 wins out of their schedule I would go with Kobias though.

The New Jersey Nets

Truly one of the more dissapointing squads in recent memory. I understand the lack of depth. I understand they don't have those stars with that extra toughness(other than Jason)..but any team with VC,RJ,Kidd and Krstic should be running away with that pathetic division. I truly thought they would get out of the gates very strong this season. You might as well blow this team up. What are you going to do to improve it enough? They might as well make a run at a trade by the break. The East is there to be had. Only Wash, Det, Cle and Mia are contenders(and each has many holes). Whatever..

Yao Ming

The man is now a dominate force in the NBA. His numbers have steadily improved each year to the point of Olajuwon heights now..hehe. In all honesty, the last few years he was putting up false numbers. Those are the kind of statistics that are nice on paper but don't impact the game so much. Now, his numbers reflect his impact. Stamina seems a little better as well.

knicks make playoffs:confused: :confused: :confused: i hope youre right :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel that they can get that 8th seed or so. The real success of season is what salries they can dump at midseason...lol

Knicks are my second favorite team. They have ben since the first week of May, 1992, so I hope the best for them.

BAR good points. However isiah has been full of shit for a long time. He did the same shit to the pacers earlier in the year..

The guy is a crook. That being said, If eddy curry can contribute like he has been doing and marburry can play within the team which is the biggest if. No reason why this shitty team cant make it with a 45% record into the playoffs

Brian,

I will atest to Zeke being a crazy guy. No bigger heart to ever play in the NBA. Iverson is close but he hasn't gotten any rings. When your a little guy you have to act tough and thats what Isiah had to do as his career went on. He is no doubt ruthless and in all honesty I have no problem with what he did. Thats part of what made league great back 15-20 years ago. Thats what I grew up on. It;'s no coincidence my two fav teams were Stons and Knicks growing up. The two toughest teams out there that would here and there cross the line.

I know this, back in day, Anthony wouldn't have ever made it to that 34th point anyway. He would be too beat up from getting slammed to floor on any drive to hoop.

The players of yesteryear were so much tougher. Todays kids have it easy as far as being slashers and drivers. Sick really...to think that today's guys shoot so many FT's..lol

Originally Posted by B.A.R.
I am more an old school NBA guy. I hope Isiah told Mardy Collins to do that. I could care less what George Karl said because that was garbage to have players in their.

Totally disagree. That's bullshit basketball. You have a $100 Millon dollar team on the court at home and are getting smoked. Don't be a bunch of thugs and pussies and try and hurt people for beating you, get better and win some games.

I think the funniest thing to come out of the fight was it got Denver AI. It sped the process up might really it forced DEN hand to make a deal...think about what Philly was asking previously?? Considering the situation Miller , the expiration contract , and a 1st rounder seemed more then fair but they got 2 in a deep draft...

Basically mt point is its real funny how life works...the mess Denver created helped their team

I agree with your NYK comments but Crawford was awful vs Utah...the key is getting them minutes...like any athlete you must play your game and not THINK....Marybury was second guessing everything he did instead of just playing....whose laughing at ISiah now for Balkman..?? SUre he overestimated when he could have had him but he knew he had a gem was probably paranoid that he would lose him...Balkman is exatly the gritty player NY needed...

The Suns are extraordinary....end of story...though its interesting Diaw said the Tuesday pratice was awful... and wondered if fatigue was beginning to set in....

The Nets I guess my feeling is outside of VC the other three are incomplete....for as good as Kidd is he kills them cause they lack perimeter shooting and teams are like please shoot...isnt that why they nicknamed ason Kidd...cause he aint got no J! Only VC can dtakeover a game....and there schedule killed them at times...

Yao Ming....see the Phoenix Suns!

Stop being a p---y and get involved......said with a SMILE! LOL!

DarklyDreamingDexter said:
Totally disagree. That's bullshit basketball. You have a $100 Millon dollar team on the court at home and are getting smoked. Don't be a bunch of thugs and pussies and try and hurt people for beating you, get better and win some games.

I gotta disagree. Scrubs on the court always help under backers. NEVER keep starters in when not necessary - running up the score is a very bad thing. Blowout Under results cannot be put in danger, lol.

And as far as the Suns go, they have to win tonight. Sure as hell if they do, they have a night vs either Wash or Port where they go in mentally arrogant with that Dallas fixture on their minds, take things easy and bam goes one juicy ml. Hopefully also Was loses at Sac tomorrow night to have them off 2 losses headed into that fixture. Perfect combo for a decent line.

DarklyDreamingDexter said:
Originally Posted by B.A.R.
I am more an old school NBA guy. I hope Isiah told Mardy Collins to do that. I could care less what George Karl said because that was garbage to have players in their.

I am not saying hurt guys. I am merely saying send a message. I should point out that I disagree with going at someones neck. Just slamm em to the floor hard but clean and send a message.

Bet the Dallas Mavericks wish they had a guy to do that in last years finals. They would have rings on their fingers right now.

Sportsnut,

Isiah is excellent as far as drafts go. That was one part of his management skills that could not be doubted. His other personale moves stink frankly. He is also a damn good coach IMO. Larry Bird just screwed him over in Indiana and Cralisle walked right into a blossoming team.

BTW

Heres my NBA thought for today:

That Seattle/Dallas game is fishy as hell. It has trap written all over it.

Thats basically all Mardy Collins could be in the nba for anyway..

I have no problem with the hard foul.. But the nba is different now. Isiah is still a punk.. just ask jordan about him.

ask jordan what? how isiah beat him and delayed the great MJ campaign by the NBA?

Or how Jordan hated on him so he didnt make the dream team

Supersav said:
ask jordan what? how isiah beat him and delayed the great MJ campaign by the NBA?

Or how Jordan hated on him so he didnt make the dream team

Exactly

4 playoff series...one chicago win to 3 for Detroit:smiley_acbe:

Oh god i forgot i was disucssing this with a detroit fan ;)

Just meant dream team 1..

Andre Miller & Smith combined for 13-26 shotting and 16 rebounds vs Washington. Since they're traded, am I to take it they as well as AI as well as Melo & JR arent playing?:an_roll_laugh:

I disagree with the Isiah comments.

I believe what he "might" have done is totally uncalled for.

George Karl has a right to keep his starters in the game esp since NYK still had their entire starting staff on the floor. The more time on the court that DEN starters get the better they will play.

Why should a coach be forced to take them out?

Yes, its true that majority of the coaches take their starters out when they are up by 20 late in the 4th quarter... but some do not.

A coach should never ever ever EVER tell his players to go out on the court and shove another player to the ground if he goes to the basket trying to make a shot. No matter who is in the game. Esp NOT if his team is down 20 and CANNOT win the game.

That is NOT basketball.
and that is NOT good coaching.

and teams who have a coach that preaches this kind of ball will never be respected.

NYK have no chance of making the playoffs.

B.A.R. said:
Sportsnut,

Isiah is excellent as far as drafts go. That was one part of his management skills that could not be doubted. His other personale moves stink frankly. He is also a damn good coach IMO. Larry Bird just screwed him over in Indiana and Cralisle walked right into a blossoming team.

I think he fell into the trap of needing to make a splash...as you mentioned with the short roster it creates roles and consistent PT for everyone...they just have to many playable guys...

BetCrimes1984 said:
Andre Miller & Smith combined for 13-26 shotting and 16 rebounds vs Washington. Since they're traded, am I to take it they as well as AI as well as Melo & JR arent playing?:an_roll_laugh:

haha

Back