• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Soccer Club vs National teams

skanless13

Fly, Eagles, Fly!
Club vs Country. Superior?

One thing I’ve always wondered is which teams are better? The best National teams are made of the best players from different club teams. But the top club teams are made up of the best players from top National teams. So are the best National teams… France, Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain etc better, or are the top club teams Real Madrid, Bayern, Man City, Inter, Barca, better. Who would win? Would love to hear thoughts and reasons why because I have no clue.

Interesting!

I would say top clubs > top national teams

Club teams train together all year long, while national teams only get together for ~10 games a year.

That's why winning national teams lately have focused on defense first to win with so little time to prepare, Italy 2021 France 2018.

Also the top coachs are at top club teams. England could use a good one right now, they are favorites because of the "easy" side of the draw, but they look like 11 strangers put together at the last minute. Can still go far if Southgate finds the good formula, but right now they would get destroyed by Man City for example

Interesting!

Club teams train together all year long, while national teams only get together for ~10 games a year.

That's why winning national teams lately have focused on defense first to win with so little time to prepare, Italy 2021 France 2018.

Also the top coachs are at top club teams. England could use a good one right now, they are favorites because of the "easy" side of the draw, but they look like 11 strangers put together at the last minute. Can still go far if Southgate finds the good formula, but right now they would get destroyed by Man City for example
Great post. Totally agree with the south gate commentary. Thank you.

Agree top clubs beat top national teams. The former aren’t restricted to citizens of a specific country and they have the money to land lots of top players. The top English club for example has relied heavily on a Belgian and a German.

Interesting!

Spot on. When Germany were at their best a decade ago it was because 90% of the team played for Bayern.

Saw today that only Southgate could take the leading scorer in Bundesliga, the La Liga POY and EPL POY and make them look completely incompetent offensively

Spot on. When Germany were at their best a decade ago it was because 90% of the team played for Bayern.

Yes. And Spain 2008-2010-2012 with a spine of Barca and Real Madrid players, maybe the best national team I have watched since early 2000

I do think the very best national teams, the ones reaching the semis of Copa/Euro, would make it a close game against the top club teams

Saw today that only Southgate could take the leading scorer in Bundesliga, the La Liga POY and EPL POY and make them look completely incompetent offensively

Crazy thing is if they get it together quick they should reach the final easily

But if they play like in the group stage they could crash out against Slovakia just as easily

Average coach, starting team playing like shit, main players like Bellingham and Rice looking tired. Even with the lucky draw it is a bit insane they are +350 to win it

Back