Soccer 9/24-9/30

Marcus000

Fondy's bitch
2007 Soccer Record: 16-13-6 (+1.17 units)

Finland Veikkausliiga

Lahti/Tampere United over 2.5 goals -118 (2.36 units to win 2 units)

Statistical bet here as both teams have had good success of 3 goals or more in thier respective home/away games. Tampere is in 1st place and will be coming out to win this as they want to stay there. Lahti meanwhile has been very good at scoring goals at home as shown by them netting 22 so far in their 9 home games. Think theres a good chance to see an open game in this one with plenty of chances of a few goals being scored.

Sweden Superettan

Hacken -1 (AH) vs Degerfors -145 (2.9 units to win 2 units)

When leagues get down to the final few rounds of play I just narrow down possible plays to teams actually fighting for something and you have that with both teams in this, tho one for a good thing and one to avoid a bad thing. Hacken is playing for a chance at promotion as they sit 4th in the league. In Superetten the top 2 are promoted to Allsvenskan and the 3rd place team does a playoff game to try to be promoted. At 4th place right now Hacken only trails 2nd and 3rd place by 3 points with 6 games left to be played, so they are very much in the hunt to get the promotion shot. Degerfors meanwhile is on the opposite side of the spectrum being dead last in the league and right now playing to try to avoid relegation. Hacken has been the top form team of the last 10 games with 8 wins to 2 losses. Degerfors has been the worst away team of the league so far with only 6 points gained on 1 win and 3 draws in 12 away games. Hacken meanwhile at home has 8 wins and 4 losses and has won 4 of their last 5 home games with all 4 wins coming by more then a 1 goal difference. H2H Degerfors won at home in early June by a 3-2 score.

Hard to see Hacken not taking all 3 points in this one. Degerfors will try to put up a battle as they want to avoid relegation but with Hacken's current form overall and at home I just can't see them not winning this. And with them winning their home games of late by more then a 1 goal difference then -1 AH looks a decent bet.

good write ups. i can't stand the swedish league. I try to avoid it as much as possible. hopefully you have better success than i did.

I usually try to avoid it as well but sometimes I take chances on it before avoiding it again and well I'm back to avoiding it.

Hacken loses SU 0-1. They lose to a last place team and could not even score a goal at home when they are in a chase for promotion. Just sad. Tampere United nets 2 goals in the 1st half and the 2nd half goes scoreless to screw me over on the over 2.5.

Oh well, time to go back to ignoring Scandinavian leagues.

2007 Soccer Record: 16-15-6 (-4.09 units)

Ok for tonight there are games in Brazil Serie B, Chile Clausura, Copa Sudamericana, and Mexico Apertura. Neither of the Brazil Serie B games stand out to me and I hardly ever get involved in the Copa Sundamericana tournaments. So I'll have a bet for Chile and a bet for the Apertura.

Adding:

Chile Clausura

Universidad Catolica PK -161 at Antofagasta (3.22 units to win 2 units)

Mexico Apertura

Tecos UAG/Monterrey over 2.5 goals -130 (2.6 units to win 2 units)

MEXD1 02:00 FT [17] Tecos 3 - 0 Monterrey [14]

Actually thought Monterrey would score 1 in this one but least Tecos scored the 3 to cash the over. Right now in the 51st minute the Catolica match is still 0-0.

CHID1 02:30 FT [10] Antofagasta 0 - 0 Univ. Catolica [3]

Push on the level ball as it ends in a scoreless draw.

2007 Soccer Record: 17-15-7 (-2.09 units)

Adding:

Japan J2 League

Cerezo Osaka -0.5 (AH) -106 vs Shonan Bellmare (2.12 units to win 2 units)

Well I'm bucking the H2H in this one as Shonan has won all 3 meetings this year. Why? Cerezo is in great form right having won their last 6 games in a row, and even more impressive, in their last 10 home games they have won 9 and only lost 1. Shonan has 5 wins and 5 losses in their last 10 away games but comes into this game having lost their last 2 road ones. In the 3 games Shonan has won against Cerezo this year 2 of them were at Shonan and the one in Cerezo was in May. Cerezo is playing a hell of a lot better now then they were in May. I'll take the shot on them.

Kyoto/Tokyo Verdy over 2.5 goals -145 (2.9 units to win 2 units)

Statistical bet here. Both teams play a decent amount of over games in their respective home/away games. Both teams have played 3 times this year and 2 have easily gone over the 2.5 total with 4 scored in one and 5 in another. The only one to not go over was their last match played at Tokyo which landed on 2 goals. This is a match where I expect both teams to net 1, then I think either team will have a great chance to net a 2nd one to put it over.

JL2 11:00 FT [5] Cerezo Osaka 2 - 2 Shonan Bellmare [6]

JL2 11:00 FT [2] Kyoto Purple Sanga 1 - 2 Tokyo Verdy [4]

Well Cerezo blows a lead 2 times in the game and ends up with the draw and a loss for me. The Kyoto-Tokyo Verdy game goes over nicely as all 3 goals came in the 1st half.

2 final plays for the day and both are from Chile as well.

Chile Clausura

La Serena/Hauchipato over 3 goals -102 (2.04 units to win 2 units)

Audax Italiano -0.5 (AH) -116 at Deportes Concepcio (2.32 units to win 2 units)

Dunno yet, gotta read up about the GK change for the USA. Right now my learns are over or USA. Just sometimes hate playing overs in semifinals as sometimes teams play not to lose more then to win. Germany game was like that for awhile this morning.

AUTD1 02:30 Rapid Wien * 1 - 0 Mattersburg
CHID1 04:00 Cobresal * 3 - 1 Everton CD

CHID1 01:00 FT [14] La Serena 4 - 1 Huachipato [10]
CHID1 01:30 FT [15] D. Concepcion 2 - 1 Audax Italiano [1]

Well this continual splitting 2 games thing is annoying the hell outta me.

2007 Soccer Record: 20-18-7 (-3.87 units)

Dunno yet, gotta read up about the GK change for the USA. Right now my learns are over or USA. Just sometimes hate playing overs in semifinals as sometimes teams play not to lose more then to win. Germany game was like that for awhile this morning.

Ya that is true, teams come out a little tentative so they don't make the first mistake....I was thinkin bout just taking USA to advance -160......still undecided

Yeah I can't fault that bet. Probably how I'm gonna go. Brazil isn't at the level of Germany and USA. They had a tough time even advancing past Australia when they had a 2-0 lead and let Australia tie it up at 2-2. Think the final will come down to the 2 teams everyone expected (even the oddsmakers) in Germany vs USA.

Ok I lost 10 bucks replying, damn USA supporters ;)

Adding:

Womens World Cup

USA to advance over Brazil -170 (5.1 units to win 3 units)

USA! USA! USA! USA! And i just listed the reasons above in my reply anyways.

wow the US got their ass kicked. I didn't realize USA were the heavily favored. I thought Brazil and Germany were like the top women's team? DOn't follow much women's, they screwed me too many times.

Yeah its embarrassing. Germany and USA are the top 2 ranked FIFA womens teams and Brazil was pretty much middle of the pack as South American womens soccer was not doing all that well (see Argentina's shitty NT). Brazil's biggest claim was Marta as she is the player of the year in womens soccer but obviously the whole team was too much for the USA other then just Marta. I'm now rooting for Brazil to upset Germany in the final to make this loss look a little better lol

Back