Soccer 9/11

Marcus000

Fondy's bitch
Soccer 2007 Record: 3-2-1 +2.21 units

I'm hoping TheGreek will post AH lines on the Womens World Cup games within the next hour. If not then I'll be looking at doing a possible parlay with the USA and Sweden ML's. Thinking about parlaying them with the Argentina ML in their friendly against Australia.

So just making this thread now because in an hour either way I'll be putting a play up.

Well with under an hour now till the first match begins in USA vs North Korea, I'm gonna make the guess that TheGreek isn't gonna put up handicaps or totals for this game. So I'm gonna do the parlay I mentioned. The parlay will be the USA and Sweden from the womens World Cup and Argentina from an International Friendly match where they are playing Australia.

USA ML -420/Sweden ML -600/Argentina ML -165 1.5 units to win 1.98 units

USA is playing some disappointing soccer right now. They keep trying to do one on one shit instead of setting up plays near the box. Hope they start improving soon.

sigh.... USA comes out and scores the first goal in the 2nd half, and then the USA GK lets a shot go right through her hands for a North Korea goal, and now they just scored again to make it 2-1 North Korea. What a suprise... a USA NT that is disappointing... like we've never seen this shit before

<TABLE class=live id=tabela_mecze_id cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=result id=mecz_122295><TD class=col1 style="BACKGROUND: #ff6f6f"> ENG Conf</TD><TD class=col2 title="2007-9-11 11:45"> FT</TD><TD class=col3> Grays</TD><TD class=col4> 0-0 (0-0) </TD><TD class=col5>Oxford</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=special><TD class=time>FT </TD><TD class=team1>Rosario Central</TD><TD class=score> 1-1</TD><TD class=team2> Gimnasia Jujuy</TD></TR><TR><TD class=time>50'</TD><TD class=team1>Belloso</TD><TD class=score>
akcja_info_1.gif
</TD><TD class=team2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=time>74'</TD><TD class=team1></TD><TD class=score>
akcja_info_1.gif
</TD><TD class=team2>Silva</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Having a shit day today so fade this final play at will.

Adding:

Argentina Apertura

Independiente/Athletico Huracan over 2.5 goals -128 (2.56 units to win 2 units)

You like anybody in the 4am eastern game on ESPN....or as I like to call it the early morning degenerate special

The Australia-Ghana match i'm not a big fan of. Its hard to get a read on Ghana as I can't find any NT matches they have played of late, meanwhile Australia has played a lot of shit NT's and beat up on them. Their only NT match against a good opponent was against North Korea which they lost 0-2.

Heres an artilce from Fifa's website:

Defeat not an option for Group C pair

The quest for a quarter-final spot gets under way on Wednesday for Ghana and Australia who will be looking to hit the ground running in their opening match at China 2007. Norway are favourites to top Group C, with the other three teams, including Canada, likely to be battling it out for second place. Australia have yet to win a game at a FIFA Women's World Cup - two draws and seven defeats is their record to date - meaning that Ghana will start as slight favourites, even though at 47th, they are the lowest FIFA-ranked team among the qualifiers.

The match
Ghana-Australia, Hanghzou, Wednesday 12 September, 17:00 (local time)

The stakes
Every game between the three less fancied teams in the group will feel doubly important given the strength of the Norwegians. And with it being the opening game, victory seems imperative for both teams.

The players
Some of the Ghana players are suffering from minor niggles while Australia's Lisa De Vanna missed a recent training session as a precautionary measure. However, both coaches should have full squads to choose from on Wednesday.

The past
The two teams are soon going to know each other by heart. This is the third time that they will have met at a FIFA Women's World Cup, with the sides drawing 1-1 in 1999 before Ghana recorded a 2-1 victory in 2003.

The words
We really need the three points on offer. Opening the competition with a win will be vital if we want to go beyond the first round. It will take some of the pressure off and allow us to be more relaxed about the next two matches - Dianne Alagich, Australia defender

It's a key match. If we win it, it will open up the group a little more and take some of the pressure off before our second match - Isaac Paha, Ghana coach

As for the other match. I can see nothing but a Brazil win against New Zealand. New Zealand qualified for the World Cup by winning the very prestige Oceania Cup. I say that as sarcastically as possible since all they had to do to win it was beat Papau New Guinea, Solomon Islands, and Tonga. 3 teams any standard NCAA womens soccer team could thrash as well. Their other NT matches this year other then the cupcakes in the Oceania Cup they lost. They played Canada twice and lost 0-5 and 0-3, then they played the USA and lost 1-6.

Brazil qualified from the Commebol tournament where they were runner ups and lost to Argentina in the finals. Now after seeing Argentina get destroyed 0-11 by Germany in the first match people might think Brazil is horrible but reading around its sounds like most people rate Brazil as a better team then Argentina and even in the FIFA rankings Brazil is a lot higher then Argentina. In Brazil's NT matches this year they beat Canada 7-0, beat Ecuador 10-0, beat Mexico 2-0, beat Jamaica 5-0, beat USA 5-0, and lost to the USA 0-2. Now them beating the USA 5-0 is nothing to even be looked at really, in that match the USA fielded a "B" team with mostly youth players against the normal full NT squad of Brazil.

Brazil should easily win this match, now the tricky part of course is trying to figure out if they can cover the -4.5 AH put on them as their ML of -1100 of course sucks.

Fifa article on New Zealand/Brazil match:

Marta set to sparkle against Kiwis

New Zealand make a high-profile return to the competition after a 16-year absence and have high hopes of giving Brazil, ranked among the tournament favourites, a run for their money. Lining up against them will be Marta, last year's FIFA Women's World Player, who will be seeking to get her side's bid for the title off to the best possible start.

The game
New Zealand-Brazil, Wuhan, Wednesday 12 September 2007, 17:00 (local time).

The stakes
Fresh from claiming the FIFA Women's World Player Award in 2006 and collecting gold at the Pan-American Games, Marta is raring to lead Brazil's medal challenge at China 2007. And for their part, the fans are hoping Jorge Barcellos's team can produce a liberal sprinkling of Auriverde magic and show that Brazil's girls can have just as much fun as their illustrious male counterparts.

One veteran making her return to the Far East is Kiwi striker Wendi Henderson, who appeared in the inaugural FIFA Women's World Cup here in 1991. The only survivor of that team, Henderson is the leader of a relatively youthful squad that nevertheless features two other old hands in defenders Maia Jackman and Rebecca Smith.

The players
Brazil's Elaine is suspended for her country's opener after picking up a red card in the final game of the South American Women's Championship, while team-mate Rosana has yet to recover fully from a recent shoulder operation. As for the New Zealanders, coach John Herdman has a full squad to choose from.

The past
Respective coaches Barcellos and Herdman were also in charge for the only previous meeting between the two nations at the FIFA U-20 Women's World Championship Russia 2006. The match ended in a goalless draw, and following the tournament the two tacticians graduated to the full national sides. The records books point to a difficult afternoon for the Antipodeans for Brazil have never lost an opening game, whereas the Kiwis have yet to win a match in a FIFA women's tournament.

The words
We want to get off on the right foot and pick up the three points you always need for a good start. We are a little nervous and tense and are anxious to get going. In our first training sessions here in China we've been trying to control that anxiety so we can play good football. Having won gold at the Pan-American Games I've got a lot of confidence in the team, but we know they are two very different tournaments and that it will be difficult to come out champions again - Jorge Barcellos, Brazil coach

The first game of a World Cup always generates a little nervousness and excitement. It's a great challenge to be facing a team like Brazil in your opening game. We know there are no easy games in World Cup, so there's no better way to start than with an opportunity to surprise one of the big favourites. It will be a real David versus Goliath battle. Even so, we are pretty hopeful ahead of the game, and we believe our work rate and discipline can knock the Brazilians out of their rhythm - John Herdman, New Zealand coach

Heres some weather info for the early matches since it rained yesterday and the USA team looked completely horrible in the wet conditions I wanted to verify weather conditions.

For the New Zealand-Brazil match in Wuhan:

Today: Considerable cloudiness. High 87F. Winds light and variable.
Tonight: Partly cloudy this evening with more clouds for overnight. Low 72F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.

For the Australia-Ghana match in Hangzhou:

Today: Abundant sunshine. High 87F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: A few passing clouds, otherwise generally clear. Low 71F. Winds light and variable.

Back