So...

brewer

Fan Club of any and everyone good!
I like Tampa to win this series. I thought Minnesota vs Tampa would have been a much better series as both of those teams play on the cement playing surface. I don't trust this white sox defense nor Javy and with Betcrimes posting that trend about how teams who win game 1 win the series I like tampa even more.

If Tampa gets on base they will be looking to take the extra base vs our battery. Our pitchers have been terrible at keeping runners near 1st base and have little no pickoff move. AJ is awful at throwing out baserunners. I think he only threw out 14 of 160 or something like that this year. Heard it word of mouth from a friend who follows baseball.

I don't trust our defense in the field either. Tampa is a lot stronger here.

Sure, the WS lineup has 6 guys who can rock you for 4 bases but I'll take small ball over that anyday.

Like tampa -1.5 and them to win series but no bet. I dont have any confidence in mlb as all my lines of thought are mostly opinion and little to no statistical support. GL fellas. Prove me wrong Sox.

white sox are 4-16 on turf this year

and they got worse when griffey joined the team

this outfield has no speed (wise a little bit since calling him up), but fucking shit, they are slow as fuck

tampa bay's lineup w/ the addition of crawford is just tooooo much speed, they are going to run on AJ alllllllllllllllllll day.

and the factor is vazguez, he just isnt a big game pitcher, had he won 1 outta his last 2 starts, they wouldn't have even played the extra two games.

terrible

only problem is, in my opinion, momentum and experience trumps all of that and the rays have zero experience and the white sox have all of the momentum

That last part you wrote Nropp and Ozzie being 11-1 in postseason might be key. Who knows. On paper I just don't like this matchup at all.

That last part you wrote Nropp and Ozzie being 11-1 in postseason might be key. Who knows. On paper I just don't like this matchup at all.

gotta hit home runs to win and they've hit 4 off shields in 20 innings

he's good for givin up 1 homer a game, just gotta hope somebody's on base

how hungover are these fks still.

Played TB series as a strong play @ -155 would still play it at -175 and might add ...

Like I said the WSox just had to win 3 elimination games just to get here putting a strain IMO on its SP . They were lucky enough to face some weak SP yet still didnt hit much Bullington , Garcia and Blackburn all turned in good or better then expected efforts . Plus they were home in those games....

Big Game James gets the ball at home inthe day which is his peak situational stats . Then Javy you just dont know what is up as since he went on short rest vs NYY and later again he has been terrible he past 3 turns and was basically called out by his manager .

Crawford back means TB is actually at full strength for the 1st time in awhile....David Price in the bullpen could be huge in this series with some LHBs on the WSox and allow you to keep from using Howell just for LHs....

Buerhle has struggled some @ Trop and Kaz is always tougher at home while WS are medicore away vs LHP ....

So WS could be down 2-0 before they get to Danks then Floyd ...

Today while I do like TB -1.5 also think I prefer the under because javy has done well vs TB in 2008...

:cheers:

<LI class=more>White Sox are 17-36 in their last 53 road games vs. a team with a winning record. <LI class=more>White Sox are 4-10 in their last 14 vs. a team with a winning record. <LI class=more>White Sox are 5-16 in their last 21 road games vs. a right-handed starter. <LI class=more>White Sox are 7-23 in their last 30 games on field turf. <LI class=more>White Sox are 7-26 in their last 33 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.<LI class=more>White Sox are 5-16 in Vazquezs last 21 road starts vs. a team with a winning record. <LI class=more>White Sox are 4-13 in Vazquezs last 17 starts after scoring 2 runs or less in their previous game.<LI class=morecool>White Sox are 3-13 in Vazquezs last 16 starts vs. a team with a winning record. <LI class=morecool>White Sox are 1-10 in Vazquezs last 11 starts vs. American League East.
<LI class=more>Rays are 40-11 in their last 51 home games vs. a right-handed starter. <LI class=more>Rays are 53-17 in their last 70 home games. <LI class=more>Rays are 38-13 in their last 51 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.<LI class=more>Rays are 21-7 in Shields' last 28 home starts.<LI class=more>Under is 21-5 in the last 26 meetings in Tampa Bay.

we haven't won a series vs a team over .500 on the road since we played texas. we only won their because its a homerun friendly park.

Last edited:
I think we are bringing this series back to Tampa tied at 2's.

i have a tampa series wager, and i worry that you might be right

chisox have the momentum back and now sonnanstine is on the hill who got hit pretty hard last time he faced the chisox in cellular about 6 weeks ago....

still think the rays can take game 5 though @ trop, but its going to be more interesting then people think

:popcorn:

I'm more inclined to think Tampa "did a Philly" - took game 3 off and let the winless home team furiously exert themselves, saving themselves for a better Game 4 effort, than think the WS are suddenly back in this series. But hey, I thought the Cubs would show up, full stop. WS to win the next 2 games by a combined total of 15 runs.

Back