So?

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
Who's gonna put together some CTG fantasy baseball leagues?

Is it too early to be thinking bases? With only one football game left, it can't come soon enough, imho.

well, i'm definitely in for a couple too. since RSL had his way, it appears that i'll prolly be outta the group i've played with the last 5 seasons...lol.

at least it'll be someone other then Web kicking my ass each season...

yanks, we should do one on yahoo or something.....have everyone throw 20 bucks in and have a live draft one night........if we can get 10 people or so to do it....id do it

yanks, we'll have to get one of the partners or mods to collect the money for everyone, but i dont think it would be a problem to fill a few leagues at like 10-12 people per league

And with the 1st pick of the 2007 Fantasy Baseball Draft, EverythingthatsGreen selects Albert Pujols...

I wish...

ETG, I'll have to email you a list of available players in my keeper league and get your opinion. I"m still not 100% sure who's available. Pretty sure Konerko, Sheets, Peavy are the top guys available.

ETG, I'll have to email you a list of available players in my keeper league and get your opinion. I"m still not 100% sure who's available. Pretty sure Konerko, Sheets, Peavy are the top guys available.

Ahhh Ben Sheets..

I have a love/hate relationship with this guy.. He shows signs of being unhittable, he just can't manage to keep himself on the field. I had him on the squad last yr and had to survive those injuries to enjoy a few 9strikeout games from Sheets.. I think he has a tremendous amount of ability but the last two years he has only started 39games. If Sheets can stay healthy for a full yr, I have not looked into his status yet, he is very capable of being a top pitcher in the league. The Brewers have gotten better and they can finally lend a helping hand with run support for Sheets..

His 04 stats are verrry nice.. Poor guy pitched 5 complete games, had a 2.70 era, striking out 1.1 batters an inning and only ended up 12-14..

Year Team G GS W L SV BS ERA CG SHO IP H R ER BB SO HR WP
2004 MIL 34 34 12 14 0 0 2.70 5 0 237 200 85 71 32 264 25 5

I have never done fantasy baseball before ....Tried football about 5 years ago, everyone stopped participating about mid season ...Honestly I had a hard time getting into it myself ...But baseball i believe would be much different ... I LOVE BASEBALL , but don`t know anything about how this fantasy stuff works ....Lets do this

steelbucs, if u have every owner throw a few bucks in, they sually follow it through for the entire season......

quick summery......U get 10-12 guys to have interest and everyone drafts a team (obviously two owners cannot have the same player).....and you get the stats for that player....scoring canbe done a few ways......my favorite for baseball is this.

Imagine were in a 10 person league.......We elect say 15 stat categories......One of which would obviously be HR's.....If your entire team has the most HR's, you'll have 10 points (because your the highest ranking in that category in the league)....and you total all the points of all categories, and the highest score at the end wins

i hope i made some kind of sense

I actually was just coming on here to ask if we could set something up here. I'm fine with playing for $20 but I was hoping to run or at least be in a $100 buy-in league-I know it ain't much for most of you, but its a lot for my friends, so you guys are all I can think of to play...but the last thing I want is for people to think I'm ripping everyone off, so we'd have to find some solid way to set it up...

I have never done fantasy baseball before ....Tried football about 5 years ago, everyone stopped participating about mid season ...Honestly I had a hard time getting into it myself ...But baseball i believe would be much different ... I LOVE BASEBALL , but don`t know anything about how this fantasy stuff works ....Lets do this

If people pay attention it can be a lot of fun since it gets so competitive...Especially if there is some money or some pride amongst friends on the line...In my experience, the baseball season is very long and most people lose interest in the fantasy season, minus the hardcore players, so if something is on the line it tends to act as a reason to pay attention..

Daily lineups and the waiver wire also keep interest

agree w/ the money, to keep people interested. but also think it should be small...so as not to turn people off.

anyways, once available, we'll set up as many leagues as necessary...different varieties as well.

but where would be a good place to hold the money over the season, providing we did it that way?

my wallet?

Assuming everyone is joining as members from CTG, why not mail the money to a mod, don't think they are going anywhere soon..

You have figure out how you want to play...

CBS Sportsline and Yahoo offer different ways of playing fantasy baseball..

Normally I play in Head-to-Head leagues where you face 1 opponent a week and than there are playoffs at the end.(4-6teams)

Scoring can be done two different ways. I know Yahoo does categories while Sportsline offers points..In category scoring there is a category for singles-doubles-triples-hr-sb-bb-avg and than all the pitching ones, at the end of the week whoever has more in that category gets a point. Often the scores will be like 10-4 or 9-6, a few categories usually tie...With Scoring, HR's are worth 4pts, wins from pitcher are worth 10 or so.. Going off the top of my head... I don't have a preference, have been playing at yahoo for the last 3yrs or so but started at sportsline.

As far as money, if we signed up for one of these services, they have different levels and different entrance fees.. As long as we make it a private league we will be able to make sure everyone who wants to play from CTG is invited..I am pretty sure that you can enter a credit/debit card and the service will pay the winners at the end

Last edited:
The Sportsline thing...I'm guessing we'd do the $30 league...problem is, they are keeping 50% of our money, it appears. Not worth it, IMO...for that amount of rake, we'd be better off playing for free...

agree. might as well play on yahoo.
as far as i'm concerned...whatever the entry fee is...i'm ok doing it on the honor system. i know i'm not going anywhere...and i couldn't see anyone risking a lifetime of internet ridicule to welch on 20 or 30 bucks...if that's what we do to keep it interesting.
besides, everyone here now is surely good for it.

jsut sayign we can cross that bridge later. for now...i'm good for 2 leagues, personally. one, head-to-head...and one rotiserrie (sp?).

thinking...Wins, Saves, K's, Holds, ERA, WHIP...and Runs, Ave, HR's, RBI's, SB, & OPS...6 categories a side.
though we'll prolly have to wait on # of teams, and amount of players per team, until we got an idea of how many wanna play.

definitely a live draft as well...

agree. might as well play on yahoo.
as far as i'm concerned...whatever the entry fee is...i'm ok doing it on the honor system. i know i'm not going anywhere...and i couldn't see anyone risking a lifetime of internet ridicule to welch on 20 or 30 bucks...if that's what we do to keep it interesting.
besides, everyone here now is surely good for it.

jsut sayign we can cross that bridge later. for now...i'm good for 2 leagues, personally. one, head-to-head...and one rotiserrie (sp?).

thinking...Wins, Saves, K's, Holds, ERA, WHIP...and Runs, Ave, HR's, RBI's, SB, & OPS...6 categories a side.
though we'll prolly have to wait on # of teams, and amount of players per team, until we got an idea of how many wanna play.

definitely a live draft as well...

I am down for whatever, don't matter to me. I have only beaten people up in H2H, never played rotisserrie. Holds is an interesting category because it gives pitchers who are not closers some value.

Agree on the live draft.

Daily Lineups or once a week?

I think we should keep the # of players on the team on the lower side so that the free agency process is more competitive. If you can stock your bench than usually there is no one of value to pick up

I think we should keep the # of players on the team on the lower side so that the free agency process is more competitive. If you can stock your bench than usually there is no one of value to pick up

I actually disagree with that. I don't think the free agency process SHOULD be competitive, because that just rewards guys who have the ability to be at their computer frequently. With deep rosters, a smart owner can see into the future a little bit and pick up some of tommorrow's stars today, so to speak...

And Yahoo sounds the best for me-that's where I've hosted all my leagues in the past, too.

I actually disagree with that. I don't think the free agency process SHOULD be competitive, because that just rewards guys who have the ability to be at their computer frequently. With deep rosters, a smart owner can see into the future a little bit and pick up some of tommorrow's stars today, so to speak...

And Yahoo sounds the best for me-that's where I've hosted all my leagues in the past, too.

Understandable. I mean I am pretty active with picking up/dropping people, I have just found from experience that when the benches are deep there is little quality left to scoop up..

Really I am down for anything, just ready for this shit to start.

cool. i'll set up each league on thursday, and we can adjust them to whatever the majority wants &/or prefers.

like i said...i'll do one rotisserrie, and one head-to-head...and with the features we've been discussing.
definitely daily though, with like a day or two waiver period. thinking 12 to 14 teams per league.

so what...a $25 buy in, payable at the end? say it's 14 teams...maybe 250 for 1st, 75 for 2nd, and 25 for third? whatever you guys think will work, to keep it interesting and to keep everyone involved.

anyways, speaking of that, i'm not going to publicly list the registration info once the leagues are set up. i'll announce them, and PM the registration details to all who wanna join. (definitely all of us, that have been talkign about it in here.)
the only reason for that is because i want to try to keep it for members only, and avoid any guests joining. don't mean to sound exclusive or anything...but i'm sure we've all experienced playing in leagues where half the teams bail by the break.
so, if nothing more, it'll at least help keep the leagues competitive and enjoyable if i PM all of you the registration info.

so we got...
ETG
Seabass
Hile
myself
Jump
Fondy

who else is gonna want in to one or both of the leagues?

The one problem w/ yahoo is that they don't keep alot of the minor league guys in the system...can be very frustrating at times..

Sportsline is far superior, but agreed too expensive..

The one problem w/ yahoo is that they don't keep alot of the minor league guys in the system...can be very frustrating at times..

Sportsline is far superior, but agreed too expensive..

I thought sportsline had a free service, as well? I've always used Yahoo (used Sandbox for awhile, not a fan of them) so I don't really know what to say, but I might take a look at Sportsline now that you said that...

Sportsline does have a free one, I am registered with a league currently now..

The diff between Yahoo and Sportsline w/ scoring is that Yahoo uses categories and Sportsline uses Points.

i am interested myself, just wondering what method of payment we would use. I know you said honor system and wait until the end of the year, but just curious.

I am pro Roto so if there is space in that league, then I am more than likely up for it.

i'll use yahoo...jsut for simplicity's sake...but post #29 pretty much sums things up. however, if there's the demand...we can always create more.

anyways...everything can be adjusted to what the majority wants...categories, draft date, options, and features. we'll have over a month to fine tune that stuff.

all we gotta decide on now is the marginal entry fee, as we've been discussing...to keep the interest. whatever everyone is cool with...

as far as payments at the end...we can use paypal, checks, whatever works. and if we're lucky, neteller will have already been replaced, lol.

anyhow...i'll start PMing you guys the registration info thursday nite. then as the leagues fill up, we'll go with the things the majority wants for those leagues.
but as long as everyone stays involved/active...it'll all be good/fun.

yanks, im def, in for as many leagues as were running......should we maybe start a new thread in here for signups?????

yanks, im def, in for as many leagues as were running......should we maybe start a new thread in here for signups?????

sounds good to me.

btw...yahoo moved it back a day to friday 2/16. they're doing some upgrades, and say there'll be added features this season.

I would prefer mid-day of a wkend with all this school bullshit, I know most of you have real jobs as well it would be tough to dedicate 2-3hrs on a weeknight.

Guys, who am I kidding...I'm a college student and professional procrastinator, so school can take the backseat to fantasy baseball.. I can prob make any time that good for you working people! :drink:

Cool deal.

I'll set this up sometime today...both leagues. And we can edit however we want.

But I'll PM everyone here the registration details by Saturday. So go ahead and throw up a thread if you want...so we get enough participants, who will participate all season long, and fill these leagues up.

For now though, all we gotta finalize is the marginal buy-ins...and how the winnings get distributed at the end.
If the example i listed is cool...that's fine...but whatever you guys wanna do. We jsut gotta settle that part, before everyone joins.

Anyways...looking forward to this. And PMs will definitely go out to all interested parties over the weekend.

Horn, if you get up enough interest for a $50 buyin, I'll join that in addition to the H2H one that Yanks set up...

Thanks for inviting me Yanks. I'll gladly join but I'll need some help to start up, as I've never played any fantasy leagues before :D I know what they're about, I just need some help to figure it out sooner than I would do it on my own.

I registered today btw. :shake:

Back