So, who makes the playoffs in the west?

Smokedawg

Eagles Fan
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="16">As of right now, heres the standings:

Western Conference</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"><td> </td> <td align="left" width="150"> </td> <td width="50">W</td> <td width="50">L</td> <td width="50">PCT</td> <td width="50">GB</td> <td width="50">HM</td> <td width="50">RD</td> <td width="50">CONF</td> <td width="50">DIV</td> <td width="50">PF</td> <td width="50">PA</td> <td width="50">DIFF</td> <td width="50">STRK</td> <td width="50">L10</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">1</td> <td align="left">New Orleans</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 1--> <td>47</td> <td>21</td> <td>.691</td> <td>-</td> <td><nobr>27-10</nobr></td> <td><nobr>20-11</nobr></td> <td><nobr>31-14</nobr></td> <td><nobr>10-5</nobr></td> <td>100.3</td> <td>95.0</td> <td class="greenfont">+5.3</td><td><nobr>Won 3</nobr></td> <td><nobr>8-2</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">2</td> <td align="left">LA Lakers</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 2--> <td>48</td> <td>22</td> <td>.686</td> <td>-</td> <td><nobr>24-9</nobr></td> <td><nobr>24-13</nobr></td> <td><nobr>29-13</nobr></td> <td><nobr>8-4</nobr></td> <td>108.2</td> <td>101.1</td> <td class="greenfont">+7.1</td><td><nobr>Lost 1</nobr></td> <td><nobr>6-4</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">3</td> <td align="left">Phoenix</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 3--> <td>47</td> <td>22</td> <td>.681</td> <td>½</td> <td><nobr>26-10</nobr></td> <td><nobr>21-12</nobr></td> <td><nobr>25-18</nobr></td> <td><nobr>9-6</nobr></td> <td>110.2</td> <td>105.1</td> <td class="greenfont">+5.1</td><td><nobr>Won 7</nobr></td> <td><nobr>8-2</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">4</td> <td align="left">Utah</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 4--> <td>46</td> <td>25</td> <td>.648</td> <td>2 ½</td> <td><nobr>30-4</nobr></td> <td><nobr>16-21</nobr></td> <td><nobr>27-16</nobr></td> <td><nobr>8-5</nobr></td> <td>106.2</td> <td>100.2</td> <td class="greenfont">+6.0</td><td><nobr>Won 1</nobr></td> <td><nobr>7-3</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">5</td> <td align="left">Houston</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 5--> <td>47</td> <td>23</td> <td>.671</td> <td>1</td> <td><nobr>26-10</nobr></td> <td><nobr>21-13</nobr></td> <td><nobr>25-15</nobr></td> <td><nobr>8-7</nobr></td> <td>96.8</td> <td>92.3</td> <td class="greenfont">+4.5</td><td><nobr>Lost 1</nobr></td> <td><nobr>7-3</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">6</td> <td align="left">San Antonio</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 6--> <td>47</td> <td>23</td> <td>.671</td> <td>1</td> <td><nobr>28-6</nobr></td> <td><nobr>19-17</nobr></td> <td><nobr>25-16</nobr></td> <td><nobr>9-6</nobr></td> <td>95.5</td> <td>91.0</td> <td class="greenfont">+4.5</td><td><nobr>Won 3</nobr></td> <td><nobr>4-6</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">7</td> <td align="left">Dallas</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 7--> <td>44</td> <td>26</td> <td>.629</td> <td>4</td> <td><nobr>29-7</nobr></td> <td><nobr>15-19</nobr></td> <td><nobr>26-14</nobr></td> <td><nobr>9-6</nobr></td> <td>100.0</td> <td>95.4</td> <td class="greenfont">+4.6</td><td><nobr>Lost 3</nobr></td> <td><nobr>5-5</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">8</td> <td align="left">Golden State</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 8--> <td>43</td> <td>26</td> <td>.623</td> <td>4 ½</td> <td><nobr>23-11</nobr></td> <td><nobr>20-15</nobr></td> <td><nobr>23-16</nobr></td> <td><nobr>8-4</nobr></td> <td>110.9</td> <td>108.0</td> <td class="greenfont">+2.9</td><td><nobr>Won 1</nobr></td> <td><nobr>6-4</nobr></td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="16">
blackdot.gif
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left"> </td> <td align="left">Denver</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 9--> <td>42</td> <td>28</td> <td>.600</td> <td>6</td> <td><nobr>28-7</nobr></td> <td><nobr>14-21</nobr></td> <td><nobr>23-17</nobr></td> <td><nobr>10-4</nobr></td> <td>109.3</td> <td>105.6</td> <td class="greenfont">+3.7</td><td><nobr>Won 2</nobr></td> <td><nobr>6-4</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>

So for Denver to make it, they either have to jump GSW (1.5 GB), Dallas (2 GB) or take the division from Utah (3.5 GB)

Dallas and Denver both have 12 games left, while GSW has 13 and Utah only has 11

Dallas sked:

LAC, @Denver, @GSW, @LAC, GSW, @LAL, @Phoenix, Sonics, Utah, @Portland, @Seattle, New Orleans

2 of them are BTB: @GSW followed by @LAC and @Portland followed by @Seattle...

If Dirk misses two weeks, hes out till the first Sonics game...

Predicted W/L: 6-6 which puts them at 50-32

Golden State sked:

LAL, Portland, @Den, Dallas, @SA, @Dallas, @Memphis, @NO, Sac, Denver, LAC, @Phoenix, Seattle

3 of them are BTB: tonight vs LAL, @Denver followed by Dallas and @SA followed by @Dallas

Predicted W/L: 7-6 which puts them at 50-32

Denver sked:

@Memphis, Dallas, GSW, @Phoenix, Phoenix, Sac, @Seattle, @LAC, @GSW, @Utah, Houston, Memphis

2 of them are BTB: the home and home with Phoenix, and @ Utah followed by Houston at home

Predicted W/L: 8-4 which puts them at 50-32

Dallas & Denver are 1-1 this season so that final game will decide the tiebreaker.

Golden State & Denver are 1-1 as well with 2 to go.

Golden State and Dallas are 0-2, respectively. but with Dirk out, warriors should take the next two.

wonder how the tiebreaker will be solved if GS and Dallas are tied.

Utah isnt worth breaking down as theyd have to seriously choke to f up their lead...though if they do stub their toe on the easy front half of their schedule (Char, LAC, Min x2 and Wash) then the end of their schedule gets a little dicey (SA, @NO, @Dal, Den, Hou, @SA)

Basically, outta Dallas, Denver and GSW, i think Denver has the easiest schedule but they also have the least room for error...

If i was betting on it, Id say Dirks injury keeps him out for longer than two weeks, they finish very badly and end up a game behind Denver who finish a game behind Golden State...

Should be interesting to watch though!

Dallas with tha schedule has to be the odd man out if Diggler is out . They have probably 4 gimme wins with LAC and SEA twice each. However after that considering they havent beaten a 500 or better teams the remaining 8 games are all tough with @ Portland being the easiset but still a very tough game.

Denver's schedule isnt much easier but at least they are healthy. They can probably do a minimum of 7-5 or 8-6 which might be enough if Dallas shits the bed..

GSW "big"( no so) issues come when they have to travel in April to SA , DAL , NO and PHO..

So now Dallas, Denver and GSW are all tied at 45-28

Dallas: @LAC, GSW, @LAL, @Phoenix, Sonics, Utah, @Portland, @Seattle, New Orleans

Denver: @Phoenix, Phoenix, Sac, @Seattle, @LAC, @GSW, @Utah, Houston, Memphis

GSW: @SA, @Dallas, @Memphis, @NO, Sac, Denver, LAC, @Phoenix, Seattle

I had em all going 50-32 at the beginning of the thread and see no reason to change that now...

Wildcard is Denver is only two back in the loss column of Utah...with a boneheaded loss today at Minnesota, tomorrows game vs the Wizards is a must win

Dallas: @LAC, GSW, @LAL, @Phoenix, Sonics, Utah, @Portland, @Seattle, New Orleans

They have 4 easys (bolded), and Utah should be settling for a division title by the time they meet, so I think thats a non-effort by the Mormons. They should also get a non-effort by Nawlins the final game, so theres 6 likely wins. I give the Mavs a 6-3/7-2 finish.

GSW: @SA, @Dallas, @Memphis, @NO, Sac, Denver, LAC, @Phoenix, Seattle

I think GS win the bolded games, giving them a 6-3 finish.

Denver: @Phoenix, Phoenix, Sac, @Seattle, @LAC, @GSW, @Utah, Houston, Memphis

I give Denver the bolded games, giving them a 6-3 finish, but Utah might be settled for their playoff spot at the time they meet, giving rise to a possible 7-2 finish.

Utahs only two games up in the loss column...

Their schedule: Wash, Minn, SA, @NO, @Dallas, Denver, Houston, @SA

Assuming Denver wins the head to head, if they lose their three road games and Denver goes 7-2 then we got a tie for the division as well...and thats assuming Utah beats the Spurs at Utah...

Utahs only two games up in the loss column...

Their schedule: Wash, Minn, SA, @NO, @Dallas, Denver, Houston, @SA

Assuming Denver wins the head to head, if they lose their three road games and Denver goes 7-2 then we got a tie for the division as well...and thats assuming Utah beats the Spurs at Utah...

I've been giving my roomate (huge Jazz fan) shit about the fact that it wouldn't be out of this world for the Jazz to get bumped from the playoffs alltogether. Thing is that they'll probably go 4-1 at home (based on their current home record) and 0-3 on the road. Say Denver goes 7-2, which is completely possible with losses @PHO and @UTA, they'd be tied with the Jazz at 52-30. Jazz would own the tiebreaker as they'd be 3-1 vs. the Nuggets this year. The Jazz lose at home to Denver and who knows what happens. Interesting to say the least.

Utah isnt worth breaking down as theyd have to seriously choke to f up their lead...though if they do stub their toe on the easy front half of their schedule (Char, LAC, Min x2 and Wash) then the end of their schedule gets a little dicey (SA, @NO, @Dal, Den, Hou, @SA)

Basically, outta Dallas, Denver and GSW, i think Denver has the easiest schedule but they also have the least room for error...

If i was betting on it, Id say Dirks injury keeps him out for longer than two weeks, they finish very badly and end up a game behind Denver who finish a game behind Golden State...

Should be interesting to watch though!

yes . i think so too .

should be a wild finish .

all you guys are smoking crack if you think Dallas can go 6-3 without Dirk.....Mavs are done!....put the fork in

I've been giving my roomate (huge Jazz fan) shit about the fact that it wouldn't be out of this world for the Jazz to get bumped from the playoffs alltogether. Thing is that they'll probably go 4-1 at home (based on their current home record) and 0-3 on the road. Say Denver goes 7-2, which is completely possible with losses @PHO and @UTA, they'd be tied with the Jazz at 52-30. Jazz would own the tiebreaker as they'd be 3-1 vs. the Nuggets this year. The Jazz lose at home to Denver and who knows what happens. Interesting to say the least.

Thats so nuts that it could happen that way.

Back