So, what have we learned? - NFL Week 6

emkee

The Truth Is Out There
These threads were one of better things in the Pro Football forum.

In honor of Joe Public, I'll be resurrecting them after SNF.

Speaking of Joe, anybody seen or heard from Gabbibo's finest ?

Not having the best season myself, league has evolved a fair bit the past 2 years that it's almost impossible to find legitimate situations.

What worked before, isn't working now.

Regardless of what happened on Thursday night, the Saints are a bad football team.

Falcons are a defense away from being better than good.

Jets are okay, the defense is legit but Fitz is about to hit his annual regression.

Cards are loaded but they soft as silk. One and done in the playoffs.

Culture in Pitt is solid, they're in every game.

Fire Fat Andy.

Bungles have most talented roster in the league.

Chicago and Detroit, nah.

Chicken Parm may just ride that defense to the Conference Championship. The way they responded after CP tried to lose the game with a pick in OT was epic.

Houston and Jax, nah. Will say Hoyer should have started from the get-go.

Fins responded in a respond spot. They should also win well next week.

Hags are mentally frail. Maybe that lack of belief is a direct result of what happened last February. Couldn't believe what I saw on Sunday, giving up four 80 yard scoring drives including the game-winning one to a weak-hitting offensive team like the Panthers. Hags were 19-0 SU (16-3 vs the pregame spread) when leading at halftime at home in the Cheaty Petey era. Pete also surprisingly needs to remind himself that you run Lynch on 3rd and short every time.

As for the Panthers, sulking Cam maybe dead. Dude put the team on his back after some early fuck-ups and got them the win. Their defense ain't too bad either. Still not sold though.

Rodgers just messes with peeps. Dude has QB'ing down to a fine art. They could have rolled SD but he elected to toy with them.

Fire Mike McCoy.

Ravens are this season's biggest disappointment. Flacco sucks.

Kudos to the Niners for picking up their 2nd to last win of the season.

Indy are bad. They have been outgained in every game so far this season and probably will in the remaining 10. Think we just saw the dumbest play in the history of the league on SNF.

Pats haven't really been tested yet so not sold. They're solid no doubt but it's been all cupcakes.

Fire away...

Vikes D played great yesterday, albeit vs. a below avg. KC offense without Charles, but they held them to about 50 yards in the first half and KC got most of their yardage late. Vikes OL might be one of the worst out there. KC DL dominated yesterday.

Pagano might have just fired himself after that ridiculous punt fake.

Agree on suspect play calling by SD. They butchered that game late.

$cam was dealing yesterday. He and Greg Olsen have something nice going despite not having much other help in the passing game.

You covered basically everything em.....

Fading the Ravens on MNF most likely. Zona should bounce back strong in the national spotlight. The ravens are just gross, both on paper and on the field. Flacco still the worst 4th quarter QB in the league which is a shocker.

The Seahawks don't utilize Lynch enough. I don't get it. Everyone thinks Wilson is some great talent sent from above (no pun intended). He's an average QB at best when he's not scrambling. Seattle is in big trouble

san Fran plays A LOT better at home, especially defensively. Will probably be on them again vs the Seahawks

The pats just looked like they didn't wanna give away too much on tape yesterday. Seemed very vanilla to me. Tied for Best coach in all of sports with Popovich

Oh let's not forget about the Jets.... What a sick defense and it's not even fully there yet.

Jets/Pats is gonna be amazing

Em you hit it all

I just wanna also say this. I have defended Cam Newton here forever(mostly against VK hehe).....what he did yesterday was awesome

If he was the SEA QB, I would favor them to win it all.

Dude has been legit since day 1....time he got the respect he deserves:shake:

KC has a terrible offense. Alex Smith is easy to defend.

Ravens are terrible.

Luck isn't dead. The colts will continue to evolve better and better each week.

TEN is still TEN. Had too much on them against MIA.

PITT is a serious contender once Big B is back. Rumors for next week? Long shot.

Still not sold on Dalton. Gingers don't win super bowls.

Injuries stacking up on Pats OL. Could be an interesting situation against a tough Jets Defensive Front.

That's all for now.

Yeah the Steelers are the real deal.. Defense has looked a lot better and the offense with Big Ben, Brown, Bell and Bryant is pretty dangerous. Matavis Bryant is a very good WR.

Agree with pretty much everything in your post em. I think tonight's game gives us the frontrunner for the NFCE, which is no longer the worst division in football (still second worst tho).

One would have to wonder where the Dolphins would be today record-wise if they had fired Grandpa Joe in the offseason. Looked like a different team yesterday, even if it was against the hapless Titans. Might be too late for them to make anything of this season but they'll be a live dog on the road after they beat the Texans this weekend and get more confident.

Can someone tell me how Cam gave Flacco the Sulking Disease? Guy looks like his puppy died out there on the field this season.

Agree with pretty much everything in your post em. I think tonight's game gives us the frontrunner for the NFCE, which is no longer the worst division in football (still second worst tho).

One would have to wonder where the Dolphins would be today record-wise if they had fired Grandpa Joe in the offseason. Looked like a different team yesterday, even if it was against the hapless Titans. Might be too late for them to make anything of this season but they'll be a live dog on the road after they beat the Texans this weekend and get more confident.

Can someone tell me how Cam gave Flacco the Sulking Disease? Guy looks like his puppy died out there on the field this season.

Must be mad about his contract, hes out there busting his balls every week for next to nothing!

Interesting, Flacco and Luck are surrounded by a bunch of has beens and never will bes (sorry TY). Those two are the only reasons those teams are even competitive if you can call it that. Baltimore is somehow still in games with a ghost defense, same with Indy when Luck plays.

Hilton is good, Johnson is old, and the others wouldn't by playing on a top 15 team.

Hilton is good, Johnson is old, and the others wouldn't by playing on a top 15 team.

you can make hte case that dorsett would be special teams only for now and not be a guy who sees a lot of time for another year or so. but moncrief is a good player.

Still not sold on Dalton. Gingers don't win super bowls.

RmohXNN.jpg

Might as well say...

Jimmy Graham not a good fit for Seattle. Should have kept Unger. Gets more blatantly obvious as the season progresses.

Jimmy can't block for shit, team needs a TE that can block.

Overrated ?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3JP4Y0Xcm4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Belichick mind tricks reak havoc on the brain and takes away all common sense

CRshLJ2WwAMa0ag.jpg

this may have worked better chuck

12088029_1675293289379280_3245045935606356859_n.jpg

Broncos don't seem to have the capacity to blow out teams......think they are "overvalued" going forward

jets will give pats fits this week...pats o line is in trouble and jets front seven is deep...it has all the look of an under

indy was better than i thought they were....one nitwit play doesn't make them terrible...

i keep losing betting against 18....can't figure it out....maybe he's still got something in the tank

pats and gb covered every game till this last week....defenses will catch up with them

mia overacheived...i will continue to go against them until they prove me wrong

seattle suffering from two straight sb appearances....that takes a lot out of a team

pitt looking like only team that can tussle with pats in the afc champ game

Might as well say...

Jimmy Graham not a good fit for Seattle. Should have kept Unger. Gets more blatantly obvious as the season progresses.

Jimmy can't block for shit, team needs a TE that can block.

Overrated ?

he won't block, he has ZERO desire to

Unger has appeared to really really hurt SEA. The offense they run just doesn't fit what Jimmy is good at.

And Jimmy ain't "tough".....he just doesn't fit that team, to me anyway.

I mean you saw what Ben Watson did with the Saints on Thurs LOL......Jimmy and Drew went together like shitty Chinese food and the ghetto

Seattle should have lost their past 2 home games. Wilson has been kissed on the dick for too long

Pagano should have been punted this week. The Colts have the chance to dominate the AFC for the next few seasons so everything should be in place to make that happen. A pill popping owner and an idiot for a HC won't win Superbowls

Time for a change in KC, either QB or coach. I have them ranked as the worst team.

Emkee used to play dogs ...ugly ones at that ...for many years

Emkee would have been on Panthers +

Back