So, what have we learned? - NFL Week 11

emkee

The Truth Is Out There
Flags, flags and more flags.

Eagles are a f#$king mess -

Chip built a Frankenstein's monster with no brain aka a QB -

Lurie probably gives him one last shot with Krapernick next season.

Lions and Texans have found their groove especially on defense.

Dirty Birds have reverted to what we thought they were coming into this season -

A nobody.

Dallas probably wins the NFC LEast, which shows how truly bad this division is.

KC probably runs the table through to Week 17.

As does Carolina, although the Thanksgiving game is the danger one.

Hags are the best of all the mediocre teams hanging around .500 -

Good enough to beat up on the bad teams but not quite good enough to beat the better teams.

Refs made sure they gave Rodgers a mojo shot early, was looking bleak for DDD until that huge PI call -

Packers aren't winning the SB.

Bungles were the better team last night, secondary injuries done them in. Cards still soft, imo.

Fire away...

Indy and Hou with impressive wins as underdogs. I say impressive Because Indy won on the road with their backup quarterback and Houston avoided the let down after the big win in Cincinnati. In actuality though I think we learned more about the teams they beat.

I'm not an Eagles fan, but Vick, Foles, Sanchez, Bradford, Tebow, Barkley and now whispers of Kap. It's amazing Chip has done what he's done without a quality QB in what is a QB league.

SD should fire McCoy today. That kind of effort at home, off a bye vs a divisional opponent is inexcusable

And WOW at the parity in this league. I don't ever remember a year where at week 10 you had multiple last place teams sitting at 4-6 and everyone has at least 2 wins. By my count, only five teams are out of the playoff hunt at this point.

Dallas probably wins the NFC LEast, which shows how truly bad this division is.

I put $100 on Dallas at 66-1 to win the SB this past Friday.

They pretty much have to beat Carolina at home on a short week or else lose this one and then win out to get in the playoffs. 1 loss pretty much all they can afford unless the Giants completely collapse but if both finish at 8-8 Dallas will win the tiebreakers. As division winners they would host a very winnable first round game before going on the road the following week at most likely Carolina.

I'm not sold on Carolina, they have a serious lack of playmakers on offense outside of Cam and that defense can be run on. If Dallas pounded them on the ground all game long and kept the chains moving and clock running allowing their defense to be kept off the field they could steal a W on the road

At that point they would be on the road for the NFC Title game and I think would most likely get beat which is ok because i could hedge if they made it this far.

They may not make the playoffs or even finish with a winning record, but with that O line and Romo back at QB with a healthy Dez I will take a shot in a conference that is lacking a dominant team despite the Panthers undefeated record.

The Packers still own the NFC North as long as Aarod is close to 100%.

You can ink in 3-13 for the Ravens. Gutsy finish to the season from Flacco, limping around on that shredded knee. To think that pussy Big Ben had to be carried off the field and carted to the lockerroom for an injury in which he missed about 15 snaps....

This time of year I start to look for the marquee wins and bad losses on the resume to see where teams are at and what they're capable of. Here's my list of best wins/worst losses:

New England - wins at Buffalo & at Giants, no losses
Carolina - wins at Seattle and vs. Green Bay, no losses

Not much to say about these two, they've beaten all comers. All roads go through these two teams at this point.

Cincy - wins at Pittsburgh and vs. Seattle, loss at home to Houston
Denver - home win vs Green Bay, loss at home to KC
Arizona - wins at Seattle and vs. Cincy, loss at home to St. Louis
Green Bay - wins at Minnesota and vs. Seattle, loss at home to Detroit
Minnesota - wins at Oakland and at Chicago, loss at San Francisco

Have to start wondering at this point if beating Seattle is that big of a deal?

Arizona building a nice resume. Minnesota has really not beaten much this year. Denver is a real mystery at this point.

Pittsburgh - home win vs. Arizona, Baltimore home loss
Atlanta - wins at Giants and vs. Houston, loss at San Francisco
Buffalo - wins at Jets and vs. Indy week 1, loss at Jax
Jets - win at Indy, home loss to Philly
Indy - wins at Atlanta, vs. Denver, home loss to New Orleans
Houston - win at Cincinnati, home loss to Indy and at Miami
KC - wins at Denver, vs. Pittsburgh (-Ben) and at Houston, home loss to Chicago
Giants - wins at Buffalo and Tampa, losses at Philly and New Orleans
Seattle - win at Dallas (-Romo), week 1 loss at St Louis
Tampa - win at Atlanta, week 1 home loss to Tennessee

First thing that jumps out is how weak Seattle's resume is this year. They've beaten nobody good. Steelers this week will be a tell all game.

Indy looks like they are still capable of putting in a big effort. KC is definitely on the rise. Houston's win at Cincinnati might be the marquee win of the season to date.

Last edited:
I think we learn a whole lot this upcoming week, there are big games all over the schedule:

Minnesota at Atlanta - basically a battle of pretenders, but with huge playoff implications

Tampa at Indy - who thought this would be a big game three weeks ago?

Buffalo at KC - basically a wild-card elimination game

Miami at Jets - another elimination game

Giants at Washington - division lead on the line

Pittsburgh at Seattle - a serious measuring stick for both teams

New England at Denver - as good as it gets

Peter King and all the people he knows around the league need to stick to soccer

[h=2]What’s next for Kaepernick[/h]The future of Colin Kaepernick, who went on injured reserve Saturday with a shoulder injury that might require surgery... Obviously the likely scenario, with Kaepernick’s contract not being guaranteed in San Francisco beyond next April 1, is for the Niners to either trade him or cut him and move on to the next quarterback prospect. I doubt San Francisco will be able to make a trade, because who’s going to want to pay Kaepernick a total of $13.9 million next year when they’re not sure he can be their quarterback of the short- or long-term? I talked to a few league people over the weekend about possible landing spots for Kaepernick, and the ones that seem to make the most sense, in order:
1. Philadelphia. If Chip Kelly is, as expected, still the coach, he’ll need a quarterback with his QB depth chart a disastrous minefield right now.

If Chip makes it to next year bringing that mental midget to QB will make sure he doesn't see the 2017 season in Philadelphia

Can't believe some people still don't respect Cam.

And when they lose this week to a Dallas team that will simply play with much greater urgency bc they need this game more, these people will make their voices heard.

Cam is top 3 MVP candidate, his completion % does not matter.

Giants were big winners yesterday with the losses by the skins & eagles.... not going to be an easy game this week at all.

KC is gonna make the playoffs.

Tampa is really fucking good and is being very undervalued in their lines. Lovie took some time to get his defensive principles instilled but i think they are playing well on both sides of the ball and the o-line is playing particularly well

Tampa really good ? Jumping the gun a bit there, Nba.

You have to be CTG's most over-excited poster.

They can be good, possibly next season.

Right now, they are barely okay and the teams they have beaten all suck.

Tampa really good ? Jumping the gun a bit there, Nba.

You have to be CTG's most over-excited poster.

They can be good, possibly next season.

Right now, they are barely okay and the teams they have beaten all suck.

When i say they're good I mean they're better than their lines make them to be. They're undervalued. That's all that matters. And they could easily win the division, whatever that means. I've had these thoughts for weeks after tampa opened up with a rough start. I think their remaining schedule is favorable

You said and I quote, "really fucking good".

The Eagles are purely overrated, yesterday's game spread opened at 4 (which seemed low, indicating the Bucs).

The spread was then bet all the way up to 7. Nothing undervalued there, all about who folks perceive to be the better team.

NFL betting has somewhat been about perception in the past but this year it's almost all about perception.

When i say they're good I mean they're better than their lines make them to be. They're undervalued. That's all that matters. And they could easily win the division, whatever that means. I've had these thoughts for weeks after tampa opened up with a rough start. I think their remaining schedule is favorable

how so?

Peter King and all the people he knows around the league need to stick to soccer

What’s next for Kaepernick

The future of Colin Kaepernick, who went on injured reserve Saturday with a shoulder injury that might require surgery... Obviously the likely scenario, with Kaepernick’s contract not being guaranteed in San Francisco beyond next April 1, is for the Niners to either trade him or cut him and move on to the next quarterback prospect. I doubt San Francisco will be able to make a trade, because who’s going to want to pay Kaepernick a total of $13.9 million next year when they’re not sure he can be their quarterback of the short- or long-term? I talked to a few league people over the weekend about possible landing spots for Kaepernick, and the ones that seem to make the most sense, in order:
1. Philadelphia. If Chip Kelly is, as expected, still the coach, he’ll need a quarterback with his QB depth chart a disastrous minefield right now.

Right?

I know we joke about it here, and Ed Werder and Peter King suck and what do they know?

These guys have Chip Kelly and Jerry Jones cell phone numbers

they know more than anyone at fucking CTG

Back