So someone tell me about the Missouri backup QB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Specifically, trying to figure out how much to dock them for not having Franklin for the next couple of months. Will the dropoff in offensive production be as significant as I forsee?

Thanks in advance...

:shake:

Also holds the national HS records for att comp yds amongst others. Younger brother of Ben Mauk. Good pedigree and should fit more like Gabbert & Daniel than Franklin in the system

i thought he looked quite confident against Georgia. No Franklin but no slouch. Physical tools, kinda short and green. Tough and fast.

System QB...he set a bunch of records but his high school Kenton ran five wide spread...he threw for almost 18k yds...has a nice release and is good at running the spread...he's like a bit more athletic Chase Daniel and will stick to mostly short and intermediate stuff...

He also can't ride a scooter for shit.

The girl I sat next to on the plane from StL on Sunday who went to Mizzou didn't know much about him, nor has she texted me yet so he must be average

Coaching staff seems to like him. He's actually faster than Franklin but does not posses the same running instinct. Tough to say much about him since hes seen such little action. The thing is the rest of the offense is outstanding so that will make it much easier for him. All he has to do is throw jump balls to LD Washington and DGB. He can rely on the running game. O line is pretty steady. Pinkel will be more conservative in playcalling especially with the lead. The defense forces turnovers setting up the offense will field position.

Sorry UTSUX, I'm a Gator but just don't see them winning this one. Hope I'm wrong but if I I'm not ill make some cash :)

There was a point in spring practice where he was neck and neck with Franklin..some suggested he won the job. Schedule works out for him with next three in comfy confines.. Mizzou will score with him but never know if it will take a few quarters for him to settle in. He also is pretty good friends with DGB. They became friends as highly touted prep recruits and some suggest they made a pact to go to Mizzu together.. Figure Maty to target DGB a lot and figure the Florida defense figures the same thing.. Me personally, I think Maty will challenge some of Chase Danials career marks.. Similar QB's.. A bit under sized, good mobility, ability to sling it from a lot of pocket angles and a host of very very talented receivers.. I am buying Maty but not sure this is the week to buy him... JMO

Back