So it was the Browns...

They would have kept Josh Gordon if he could have stopped getting caught smoking weed. If they really cared, they would have dropped him years ago.

Benefit to the Browns is that his year-round home and where that incident happened is the Forest City so they can keep a finger on the pulse round the clock. Gonna guess it will be more about making sure he adheres to some lifestyle changes, stays in for the most part, etc.

Interesting acquisition from a football standpoint with Chubb having a breakout 2nd half of the season. Thought he was the next big 3 down back.

Sounds like Hunt will have a suspension to serve first, so Chubb will still be the big dog at least half the year.

They would have kept Josh Gordon if he could have stopped getting caught smoking weed. If they really cared, they would have dropped him years ago.

Agreed they would have kept him, and I realize it’s a little different situation as Gordon was given chances and broke their trust, and Hunt hasn’t. I’m just saying in the overall scheme of things they’re okay with women beating and not with pot.

I think it's a smart move considering it's for one million minus however many games he is suspended. Chubb could of course get injured. And I'm sure y'all know that Gordon did more than smoke weed, he'd do anything he could get his hands on. I'd sign off on Hunt as a calculated gamble. Time will tell.

How does signing Hunt mean that they‘re ok with woman-beating? That‘s such a naive take. It‘s a football team that wants to win not some virtue signaling morality club

They gave Gordon chances but he‘s worthless to the team if he can‘t avoid suspension

Dorsey drafted him I believe in KC. Also drafted Tyreek Hill who beat his pregnant girlfriend. Dorsey don't give a F.

Amazing how our society doesn't care about guys like Floyd and many others beating women because said guy keeps them entertained.

Let's not compare smoking weed, which is now legal to do in many states including the one I reside in or even snorting some powder to treating women like pinatas.

That shouldn't be compared at all. Reality is Gordon couldn't stay eligible at all and his mental disorder isn't something conducive to being productive anyway. Players are nothing but assets, when they become liabilities you cut ties and move on. I'm still not sure what Hunt will be suspended for, only reason KC let him go (or so they claim) was for lying, not for beating a woman. I thought that had already been addressed by Goodell. Obv now there are a couple more incidents that popped up that might warrant suspension.

As it was said above, what's the harm when he's not getting paid much and the suspension games will come out of his salary?

Didn’t Gordon kinda prove with his average performance with the Pats that he isn’t worth the trouble

K Hunt is a top 5ish back

I see little risk/ high reward here

id be shocked if his suspension was anything less than 4 and my guess is it’s as much as 8 games

They are going to make an example out of Hunt

So the risk for Browns is tying up money , although somewhat little to a guy that is probably going miss significant time

Reality is that Kareem Hunt kicked the fuck out of an underage girl cuz she wouldn't fuck his boys.

He deserves a bullet.

The Browns will always be losers.

No comparison with Josh. He likes to smoke pot and they ran him.out of the league.

Kareem is an evil fuck that deserves to meet his maker.

What do you expect? Goodell clown league.

That shouldn't be compared at all. Reality is Gordon couldn't stay eligible at all and his mental disorder isn't something conducive to being productive anyway. Players are nothing but assets, when they become liabilities you cut ties and move on. I'm still not sure what Hunt will be suspended for, only reason KC let him go (or so they claim) was for lying, not for beating a woman. I thought that had already been addressed by Goodell. Obv now there are a couple more incidents that popped up that might warrant suspension.

As it was said above, what's the harm when he's not getting paid much and the suspension games will come out of his salary?

None of the incidents have been addressed by Goodell yet.

I think it's a smart move considering it's for one million minus however many games he is suspended. Chubb could of course get injured. And I'm sure y'all know that Gordon did more than smoke weed, he'd do anything he could get his hands on. I'd sign off on Hunt as a calculated gamble. Time will tell.

It’s a great move football-wise for sure. They get a guy, who is one of the best in the game, for little money, and can also save Chubb’s body at the same time. Putting both of them on the field at the same time would drive DC’s crazy trying to scheme a way to stop them.

The dark side of entertainment in sports.

With exceptional physical talent can come exceptional mind alerting behaviour.

You cannot judge a man like Kareem Hunt.

You just cannot judge him.

Athletes are in a group of their own. Blessed with extraordinary physical capabilities they often have exceptional limitations of the undesired quality.

World class entertainers are good entertainers. They are human after all. They make mistakes.

Who is perfect here to be able to judge another man?

I say worry about your own actions. Take care of your own kitchen and let everybody live.

Back