Smu/uab??

I think the play on this game is OVER 47.5

SMU looks to throw the ball, and doesnt run bc their starting RB is injured. It helps that they have the most efficient passer in CUSA. Willis has 19 TDs and only 3 INTS this year.

UAB is getting healthy on offense after the long week. Their coach said they havent been this healthy on offense since the Georgia game (3rd game of the season). They should be able to move the ball on an awful SMU D that gave up 38 points to East Carolina last week.

SMU is getting their starting RB back, as well as their KO Returner who was in the top 5 for KO Returns prior to being injured. SMU has played very well at home this season and crap on the road.
SMU is also replacing two starters in the secondary this game as a result of the missed assignments and tackles vs East Carolina.

Take this info for what it's worth. Not saying over or under on this game, just relaying info.

Interesting angles here too..

SMU has been good at home sitting 3-0 w/ avg score 43 to 14...

SMU has good rush defense, horrendous pass defense...I don't see that UAB rushes or passes it that effectively honestly...

SMU has better QB..

Home Weeknight Primetime spot...

All angles point to SMU except one..

REVENGE....SMU beat UAB 28-27 SU as a 20 pt dog at UAB last year...

gbl_logo.gif
[SIZE=+2]
Preview: UAB at SMU

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]6:30 p.m., Gerald Ford Stadium (ESPN2; KTCK-AM 1310, KTDK-FM 104.1)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]09:18 PM CST on Monday, October 30, 2006

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By KATE HAIROPOULOS / The Dallas Morning News[/SIZE]

UAB (3-5, 2-2) at SMU (4-4, 2-2)

Line: SMU by 4 ½

What's on the line

UAB:The Blazers, on a two-game losing streak, can rise to the top of the messy East Division. Their bowl hopes improve with a win. SMU won, 28-27, last season on a TD pass as time expired.

SMU:The Mustangs need two wins in their final four games to become bowl eligible. A win today makes the task more realistic.

Who's hot

UAB: RB Marculus Elliott rushed for 129 yards vs. Marshall. RBs Corey White and Dan Burks also get a lot of carries.

SMU: Redshirt freshman QB Justin Willis (19 TDs) needs three more TD passes to set the school record (Chuck Hixson, 21, 1968) for a season.

Who's not

UAB: The Blazers gave up 317 yards on the ground vs. Marshall.

SMU: The pass defense ranks 117th in Division I-A (279.4 ypg). FS Bryce Hudman and CB Bryan McCann take over starting roles in the secondary.

Stat that tells the story

SMU has won five straight home games, the most since a seven-game streak over 1981 and 1982.

Key matchup

SMU's rushing game vs. UAB defense: RB DeMyron Martin is healthy enough to play at home for the first time this season. If he has a big game, it only helps Willis.

UAB wins if

DE Larry McSwain, the preseason C-USA defensive player of the year, and the Blazers can pressure Willis.

SMU wins if

Willis and his receivers get in a groove and the defense doesn't allow UAB's quarterbacks, Chris Williams and Sam Hunt, to get going.

Predicted score

SMU 27, UAB 21

SMU starts out fast at home (27 pt 1st half average) and UAB gives up (12.7 1st half road)...I may go SMU over 13.5 1st half.

Polkaface mention something in the thread about an SMU Kick returner being back for this game, could be a nice boost, but I want to verify...anyone??

Pincher - I got my info from the Dallas Morning News. Jumponboard posted today's preview from DMN and the post about the KR was from a story that was from Thursday... copy below..

Defensive end Cory Muse (knee), running back DeMyron Martin (hamstring) and kick returner Jessie Henderson (ankle) were back in full pads at football practice Thursday.

According to Ncaasports.com Jessie Henderson is still ranked #1 in the nation in KO Returns avg 36.9 per return on 10 returns. 1 TD. I believe college football news named him a first half all-american.

Back