smo1a Week 12 CFB

smo1a

Pretty much a regular
YTD: 63-47-5 +2314 57%
WEEK 11: 1-4 -842

Well, I did not have much time to cap games last week and it showed. I went 0-4 last Saturday and paid dearly as I wound up down over 8 units for the week. The most demoralizing part of Saturday was seeing the Horns championship hopes go draino. Hopefully Colt can make it back in 2 weeks for A&M. I'm still up 23 units this year, but lost too big a chunk last week. Well, onwards and upwards...

I will post additional plays throughout the week in this thread...

11/14

@ TOLEDO -5 -108 2 units

11/16

WEST VIRGINIA TEAM TOTAL OVER 32.5 -105 5 UNITS

11/17

NIU +3 +116
NIU ML +155

11/18

BUFFALO TEAM TOTAL OVER 0.5 -277 2 UNITS
SO CAROLINA -15.5 -103 3 UNITS
HOUSTON/MEMPHIS UNDER 60 -105
AUBURN/BAMA OVER 39.5 -105 2 UNITS
MICHIGAN +7 -113 3 UNITS
VA TECH / WAKE UNDER 38.5 -113 3 UNITS

Good luck to all this week.

Last edited:
Adding Va Tech / Wake UNDER 38.5 -113

Waited a little while here and am paying for it with the juice. 2 solid D's, especially on the rush. Va Tech stout on pass D with Wake mediocre on Pass D. Tech should play conservative on the road, so don't expect a huge passing day for Glennon. Both offenses avg around 25 ppg and the D's avg around 11 ppg. Defense is the key with a likely score around 14-10 IMO. As long as we don't hit OT (which is why I have UNDERS in a low spread game), should be well under the total.

Good luck!

Adding West Virginia Team Total OVER 32.5 -105 for 5 units.

This is easily gonna be my biggest play this week and may add to it later on. Hard to see how a porous Pitt run D can stop the Hillbillies after WVA rung up 451 rushing yards last year and Pitt gave up 317 rush yards to UConn last week! Are you fucking serious??????????? UConn QB Hernandez ran for 130 himself! What the hell will Pat White do? Should be a field day for the Hillbilliy offense. WVA should be motivated as they are in the drivers seat for the BCS bid in a tie break situation (assuming they beat RU). A strong showing here is key and I expect this offense to reack the end zone 5 times in this game with relative ease. Plain and simple, Pitt is reeling and WVA will make a statement.

smo1a said:
Adding West Virginia Team Total OVER 32.5 -105 for 5 units.

This is easily gonna be my biggest play this week and may add to it later on. Hard to see how a porous Pitt run D can stop the Hillbillies after WVA rung up 451 rushing yards last year and Pitt gave up 317 rush yards to UConn last week! Are you fucking serious??????????? UConn QB Hernandez ran for 130 himself! What the hell will Pat White do? Should be a field day for the Hillbilliy offense. WVA should be motivated as they are in the drivers seat for the BCS bid in a tie break situation (assuming they beat RU). A strong showing here is key and I expect this offense to reack the end zone 5 times in this game with relative ease. Plain and simple, Pitt is reeling and WVA will make a statement.

How do you feel about laying the points w/ WVU

everythingthatsgreen said:
How do you feel about laying the points w/ WVU

I'll NEVER bet against a home dog on Thursday night, EVER. I have easily made most of my money on the weekday games this year and many were on home dogs. If I were gonna play the side, definitely play would be Pitt. If the weather forcast improves (could be a lot of rain) I think Palko could have a field day with the Hillbillies pass D and keep it close. This could easily be another shoot out like the WVA / Louisville game IMO. I love the OVER, but I think the best bet is on WVA's team total.

I think 11.5 is way too many points in a rilvary game like this where both teams truly HATE eachother, even though WVA had their way last year. Pitt, if they have any confidence, will show up - but still can't stop the WVA O ;-)

Added Buffalo team total over 0.5 -277 for 2 units.

This is the most bizarre total I have seen. Buffalo was shut out by BC and have been putting up some points lately in MAC play. I know Wisky will kill them, but I'm game thinking Buffalo can manage at least a FG. I know its a high risk play, but gotta figure it' got at least a 90% shot.

Thanks Yanks! Might need a little luck with UM after the loss of Bo. I'm not overly concerned about the players reaction as much as the coaching staff. This could really interfere with prep for the game.

You can ignore this post, but gonna add some games I am leaning on for Saturday. This is just to keep me focused as I really need to get off the Saturday snide I've suffered the last 2 weeks.

Leans for Saturday...

NCST -3.5
MIAMI -3
SO CAROLINA -15
TENN -7.5
IOWA ST +13.5
OKIE ST +6
ND -29
ARKANSAS -14.5
BOISE ST -37.5
OREGON ST -14.5
BAMA +3
NEW MEXICO +27.5
CINCY +6
NEVADA -17.5
SO MISS -15

Team Totals

HOUSTON UNDER 38.5
OHIO ST UNDER 23.5
SO CAROLINA OVER 29.5

Would only play a few of these if any. Still limiting the number of plays as that seems to work well for me.

Last edited:
Fuck Dr. Bob............NIU shocks the world, or at least anyone with nothing better to do on a Friday night than watching the shitty game ;-)

Adding NIU +3 +116 and NIU ML +155 - both plays for 1 unit.

Good luck, and remember.........Fuck Dr. Bob

Good luck this weekend fellow horn. We get to just enjoy college football this weekend and get ready to whip up on some aggy next Friday. Go horns and good luck this weekend!

Rounding out the card...

Adding the following 3 games

SO CAROLINA -15.5 -103 3 UNITS
HOUSTON/MEMPHIS UNDER 60 -105
AUBURN/BAMA OVER 39.5 -105 2 UNITS

Good luck to everyone today and enjoy the Big One!

:drinking:

Back