Sixers....

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
I HATE betting when I hope I am wrong. As a sixers fan, I of course want my team to succeed. But there is SO much value in the line tonight. Three factors that are in place to make the line where it is:

1. No Dwight
2. Home Court
3. Facing Elimination

That is how we arrive at the line of Sixers -5.5

There is one important thing that this line doesnt consider:

The Sixers blow and this doesnt matter!

I watched this team play almost every game this year. They simply aren't a good team. They caught Orlando by surprise a few times, but both games they won in this series they needed a string of incredibly fortunate events to occur. In game 1, they shot like 160% in the 4th quarter. I swear that has to be accurate, they scored more baskets than they shot (or so it seemed).

Remember, this team lost to Boston's 3rd stringers and won by 1 vs Clevelands 3rd stringers (without lebron, mo, ziggy, and joe smith, truly one of the worst groups of active players for a game this season in the nba)

So yea, Orlando is without Dwight. What, is Sammy going to take advantage? No, he is soft as DiamondCutters cock in a room of naked women. Thad and Iggy are good players, but i hate when teams have two of the SAME player. Yeah Miller is great and hell get his, but the team is full of guys who won't be able to step to the plate in a huge situation. They also have a very mediocre coach. The road ends tonight for the Sixers.

Magic ATS 5 units
Magic ML 1.5 units

good health here bud.

For me this seems like a perfect lay down spot for Orlando. There missing both Dwight/Lee. Both should be back for game 7. With dwight out it opens up the lane for the Sixers to drive to the whole. It also will help in there outside game. Orlando will have to help on defense when the sixers slash to the hole, because of Dwights absence, which will open up the outside shot.

Also no dwight down low, means the sixers can focus on there perimeter defense. Which will be Orlando's only shot at even competing here. Magic gonna have to be lights out from 3, and w/o dwight that means Lewis is your leader :seeya:.

I think Orlando keeps it close early, but living and dying be the 3, which will be the case tonight, is usually a recipe for disaster, when you dont have to worry about guarding someone down low.

I have a strong feeling Phi wins SU tom.

Hedo's FG

Game 1 2/8, game2 3/10, game3 2/12, game4 8/11, game5 3/14

Fouls 4, 1, 5, 2, 5

Lewis FG

5/11, 4/14, 5/13, 6/15, 9/16...

Something tells me they will be jacking up contested & ill advised shots now that no legitimate low post threat is present..Iggy has been doing a good job on Hedo so far seeing how dismal his FG's are, except for game 4, tomorrow hell probably own the turk..

Opinions welcomed...

76ers

The Sixers haven't won two consecutive games in the first-round series against the Magic. They're going to have to do it if they plan on advancing for the first time in six years.
Tuesday night's 91-78 loss in Orlando gave the Magic a 3-2 lead in the series. The Sixers must take Game 6 on Thursday at the Wachovia Center and Game 7 back in Central Florida.
"This series is a game of possessions," said guard Andre Miller. "Anytime a team gets 15 offensive rebounds and you have a lot of turnovers, you lose."
The Sixers won Game 1 in Orlando and Game 3 in Philly but dropped Game 4 when they had a chance to take a 3-1 lead.
The Sixers' chances of sending the series to Game 7 were greatly enhanced Wednesday when the NBA suspended Magic center Dwight Howard for Game 6 because he threw an elbow that appeared to graze the head of Samuel Dalembert in the first quarter Tuesday. The officials assessed Howard a technical foul on the play. Howard had 24 points and 24 rebounds Tuesday.
Sixers coach Tony DiLeo also complained about Howard being allowed to stay in the lane at both ends of the court.
"He's a great player," DiLeo said. "He doesn't need any advantages."
"He is camping out a little bit," Miller said. "It's something we can't worry about."
Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy responded: "Am I supposed to talk about the game or lobby for the cause I want? Just play the games. I guess that's the only reason Dwight's having success in the series. It's not that he's good."
MAGIC 91, SIXERS 78: The Magic became the first team to win by double figures in the series. Orlando outscored the Sixers from the three-point line 24-12 in Game 5 and held a 15-4 edge in offensive rebounds after grabbing only three offensive boards in Game 4. Howard had 10 of them. The Sixers also only had one more assist (17) than turnover (16).
Andre Iguodala led the Sixers with 26 points, 20 of which he scored in the second half. Andre Miller scored 17 and Willie Green had 16. The Philly bench managed just six points on 3-for-9 shooting.
NOTES, QUOTES
—Since scoring 100 points in Game 1, the Sixers are averaging 82.8 points over the last four games. They've lost all three times they failed to score 90.
—The Sixers are averaging just 3.2 blocks in the series, down from 5.06 in the regular season, when the Sixers blocked 5-plus shots for the first time since 1997-98.
QUOTE TO NOTE: "We just have to figure out a way to get easier shots so we don't have to work so hard on offense. This was probably the worst out of all the games, in terms of flow and getting on the break." — Head coach Tony DiLeo, after the Sixers' 91-78 Game 5 loss at Orlando.
ROSTER REPORT
ROTATION: Starters — Point guard Andre Miller, Shooting guard Willie Green, Small forward Andre Iguodala, Power forward Thaddeus Young, Center Samuel Dalembert. Bench — Guard Lou Williams, Center Theo Ratliff, Forward Reggie Evans, Guard Royal Ivey, Forward Donyell Marshall.
PLAYER NOTES:
—F/G Andre Iguodala has played 224 of a possible 240 minutes in the series. He's scored 20-plus in four of the five games, including a game-high 26 points Tuesday.
—G Lou Williams had four assists and one turnover in the Sixers' two wins and 10 assists and seven turnovers in the three losses. He went scoreless in 16 minutes of Game 5.
—F/C Marreese Speights, a rookie, hasn't played in the last three games after having a limited role in the first two outings. Sixers coach Tony DiLeo said he'd like to get Speights on the floor, but a tough matchup with the Magic's undersized Rashard Lewis at power forward is keeping it from happening.

MAGIC

There is bad blood between the Sixers and the Magic, and it all starts with Magic center Dwight Howard. But at least he can't cause more harm in Game 6.
Howard was suspended for one game by the NBA on Wednesday, the day after he led the Magic to a Game 5 victory, giving them a 3-2 series lead, but also elbowed Philly center Samuel Dalenbert in the face early in the game. Howard drew a technical foul on the play but was not ejected.
Not only was Howard suspended; the Magic also learned that guard Courtney Lee will miss Game 6 because of a fractured sinus — the result of another errant Howard elbow. With those two out, it almost certainly means there will be a Game 7 on Saturday in Orlando.
Howard had 24 points and 24 rebounds in leading the Magic to victory Tuesday. Guard Michael Pietrus was the second-leading rebounder for the Magic with six.
Sixers coach Tony DiLeo also complained about the time Howard is allowed to spend inside the three-second lane without being called for a violation.
Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, after listening to DiLeo, then criticized the Sixers coach for trying to lobby officials.
"Is that what it has come to?" Van Gundy said. "Are we going to sit here and lobby for calls we want the next game?"
MAGIC 91, SIXERS 78: With Dwight Howard grabbing a career playoff high 24 rebounds, the Magic dominated the Sixers around the basket, taking a 3-2 lead in their best-of-seven first-round playoff series lead. Howard had 10 offensive rebounds and 24 points. The Magic held a 45-33 rebound lead. Andre Iguodala had 26 points for the Sixers. The Magic got a series-high 24 points from Rashard Lewis, who had 13 in the final period. The Magic never trailed in the second half.
NOTES, QUOTES
—NBA commissioner David Stern was at Game 5, and before the game he toured the still-under-construction new arena where the Magic will play beginning in the 2010-11 season. After doing the tour, Stern promised the Magic that they will get the NBA All-Star Game in the future. They had it here once, in 1992.
—Dwight Howard got his second technical foul of the series Tuesday night, this one for elbowing Samuel Dalenbert in the head, and on Wednesday he was suspended for one game. Howard didn't get a single technical foul in the first 14 playoff games of his career covering three seasons. He has two after five games of this series.
—The Magic reserves had 20 points in Game 5, their highest output of this series. The Sixers got only six points from their reserves.
QUOTE TO NOTE: "It isn't like I'm out there trying to hurt anyone." — Magic center Dwight Howard, regarding his elbow to the head of Samuel Dalenbert.
ROSTER REPORT
ROTATION: Starters — Point guard Rafer Alston, Shooting guard Courtney Lee (won't play in Game 6), Small forward Hedo Turkoglu, Power forward Rashard Lewis, Center Dwight Howard (won't play in Game 6). Bench — G Mickael Pietrus, G Anthony Johnson, C/F Tony Battie, G J.J. Redick.
PLAYER NOTES:
—G Courtney Lee suffered a fractured sinus after being hit by teammate Dwight Howard's elbow in Game 5. He will miss at least Game 6 against Philadelphia.
—G Rafer Alston had 14 points in Tuesday's Game 5 victory, making him one of just three Magic players who reached double figures in all five games. Alston, the midseason replacement for Jameer Nelson, has stabilized the Magic offense this season.
—F Rashard Lewis had 24 points Tuesday, his first 20-point game in the playoffs. He had struggled early in this series after missing the last three games of the regular season with tendinitis in his knee.
—C Dwight Howard had 24 rebounds, a playoff franchise high. He broke the previous mark of 22, which he shared with Shaquille O'Neal. His 24-point, 24-rebound effort was his fourth career playoff game of at least 20 and 20.
MEDICAL WATCH:
—G Courtney Lee (fractured sinus) will miss Game 6, at least, of the series with Philadelphia.
—F Hedo Turkoglu (sprained left ankle) is playing again, but he has been slow to regain his form.

good health here bud.

For me this seems like a perfect lay down spot for Orlando. There missing both Dwight/Lee. Both should be back for game 7. With dwight out it opens up the lane for the Sixers to drive to the whole. It also will help in there outside game. Orlando will have to help on defense when the sixers slash to the hole, because of Dwights absence, which will open up the outside shot.

Also no dwight down low, means the sixers can focus on there perimeter defense. Which will be Orlando's only shot at even competing here. Magic gonna have to be lights out from 3, and w/o dwight that means Lewis is your leader :seeya:.

I think Orlando keeps it close early, but living and dying be the 3, which will be the case tonight, is usually a recipe for disaster, when you dont have to worry about guarding someone down low.

The flip side is there is no pressure on Orlando, if they lose it will be expected. Maybe they come out relaxed knowing if it goes to game 7 they have homecourt and a rested Dwight and start firing from the outside. Intriguing matchup for sure. Good luck to all in this one.

anyone else think that with Howard out they will be more aggressive going to the rim, rebound better, and it being an elimination game playing all out on their homecourt. Everyone is giving the Magic side behind this, but I see Philly coming out strong knowing all the advantages are on their side. Howard impacts both sides of the ball, and being a Rockets fan I see how the offense and defense goes stagnant when their big man (Yao) isn't in the game. Philly's complaint is that everytime they go to the rim Howard is there waiting.....I don't think they will be so upset that Gortat is there plus I assume they will be attacking Redick each possession. Just the other side of it all. Goodluck

At a time where homerism typically peaks around here I have to say well done. Excellent call.

thanks guys....been winning much more lately, and i just started visiting this site on a much more frequent basis. coincidence? i think not

Back