Sixers Fire Mo Cheeks

sucks for cheeks (who i thought was ok). the construction of this team turned out to be very poor. they would have been better off with Josh smith and sticking with the running.

Elton Brand got his contract and returrned to not giving a shit.

That's shitty on multiple levels. Always liked Cheeks but more importantly my Wizards bet is worthless now.

Why did you guys like Cheeks? Crappy coach! The only bad thing is that NBA is starting to run out of bad coaches. All I have now is Brown! Wittman is gone, Flip is gone, Thomas, Mitchell, Avery. GMs, please bring the crappy coaches back. It is boring without them!

I'm fine with this move. I'm not a fan of DiLeo as a head coach. And I'm definitely not a fan of Eddie Jordan, who is rumored to be the next head coach of this team. My guess is this team makes a big move at the trade deadline which will change their "up-tempo" style. And after this year, Avery Johnson will be the head coach.

I guess it ultimately depends on who they get to replace him before I can decide on whether or not this was a good move, but something needed to be done

they looked awful this year...just all over the place

now part of the problem is the players...Iggy isnt a 2 guard and shouldnt be playing there unless the point guard can shoot (which he cant - they need someone like Billups). Dalembert has somehow gotten stupider and regressed as a player and cant play with Brand to save his life. Speights doesnt get enough time.

It was pretty much a clusterfuck and something had to change

Oh and I was at the game last night and when DiLeo got introduced, he was roundly booed

Now I dont think he was getting booed per se...more the decision, but still...Ed's on notice

Back