Six Nations Rugby - Week 1

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Back with a play bit later - going forward I will create one weekly thread covering all my rugby union and when the time comes, all league and AFL plays as well

'an_horse'

For those who do not know, Six Nations refers to a Northern Hemisphere rugby International competition involving 6 countries: England, Ireland, France, Wales, Scotland and Italy.

Northern Hemisphere rugby = poor man's Southern Hemisphere rugby :smiley_acbe:

However ironically I probably follow the Northern Hemisphere rugby with an equal amount of interest as Southern Hemisphere rugby which is closer to home, even though the styles of how each hemisphere play the game is vastly difference.

Italy got absolutely pasted in the end

Congrats on the Poms CCL, at least some new faces in the side could make a difference

My man........Jonny Freaking Wilkinson, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poms but a comprehensive beatdown on Scotland, courtesy of #10!!!!

The whole attitude and commitment of the English is only on the other level when #10 is running the show.

Rod-

I had shit to do all during match and just caught the taped replay. Oh yeah I'm happy......real happy.

Screw the Italians. We'll get it right tomorrow in Welsh vs Irish.

Rod-

After doing a little studying, man, I'm sort of thinking the Welsh are strong enough in Cardiff as a dog to stay inside the number. I'm seeing 4ish on most books. I really like Ryan Jones at number 8 for Wales, and I expect him to play HUGE tomorrow. He was held out of Neath's last game in HC, so I really feel strong that he's the best pack player on the pitch tomorrow.

I don't think Wales can win this thing, though, unless they make it a forward dominated game. I was wrong last year about O'Gara.....he's really become one hell of a boss.

I also am seeing that pretty boy isn't named in the Wales side tomorrow, which to me is just fine. Wales can use James Hook to handle the kicking...he's money.

Nothing finalized as of yet.....like to sleep on this sort of thing.....what do you see, man?

I was all set to take Ireland earlier this week when the HC was +/-3.5 but now it has blow out to 5.5 so to me any value on Ireland is gone.

As a result I'm passing on this game but still expect them to win, whether they cover is another story.

I also took a flyer on them achieving the grand slam this year, with home games against France and England and the rest away against the relatively weaker teams I think they have a real shot as well

Another thing that has deterred me from taking the Irish today is the fact that 6 of the 8 forwards for them today played for Munster a fortnight ago against Leicester in the European Cup and got completely destroyed.

Just too suspect for me so I rather see how they perform today before jumping on the Irish bandwagon on match betting later in the tournament

Here is a line I like, even though it's an exho....so, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

...whispering.......

Huddersfield +10.5 vs St Helen's, overly solid

Strike that exho nonsense, it's the real deal.....first match in SL XII. I forgot about SH's challenge match with Brisbane in 3 weeks. The SL is playing SH's round 3 match today!

Don't like Giants as much, now, but still like it a lot more than laying 10.5 with the Saints.

Yep, no bet for me in the SL but great to see it back as well

I'll definitely tape the game though and have a close look at it, Saints in the post Lyons era - should be interesting with Gidley replacing Lyons in the midfield. Guy was washed up when he left the NRL last season, definitely not a like for like switch there and as a result Saints lose some attacking potency this season IMO

Rod-

I mean I love 6Nations today, but to me the best bet is the Giants. I had no idea SL was starting today. This is great. The satellite will be on intercept mode.

Rugby, the greatest sport. :)

St Helen's 18
Huddersfield 10

Cha-ching, but gd was it a total ball-sweat the last 40 minutes. Let me be honest here, St H was right side laying that many points. Giants are nowhere near their class. If this match happens when Saints are totally in-form, final score would be like 50-10.

I got lucky with this one and unlucky with Wales.....glad the Giants were for the money and Wales was for chump change.

Next week....

Cheers

Rod-

Interesting scenario here, man. When you watch the tape delay of Wales/Ireland, you'll see that BOD took a knock to his hamstring. This will throw Les Bleus at Ireland line into a mess.

Right now I see Ireland as a 6 point fave on most books. I am sure that this line comes down and presents a strong middle opportunity, maybe, if you can land Les Bleus catching 6 now and can wait on the exposure for 7 days.

If I still had Bet365, I would certainly be getting down now on Les Bleus ATS and try for the middle.

JMHO, man.

Thanks BC. Let's face it....I got lucky with Giants. It was the wrong side.

Just looked to see the update(s) on Ireland/France......"OTB" at Bet365.

Gd do I hope someone snagged Les Bleus +6 so these books can get middled.

Thanks BC. Let's face it....I got lucky with Giants. It was the wrong side.

Just looked to see the update(s) on Ireland/France......"OTB" at Bet365.

Gd do I hope someone snagged Les Bleus +6 so these books can get middled.

The wrong side is the one that loses CCL, good hit on the Giants :shake:

Rod-

Interesting scenario here, man. When you watch the tape delay of Wales/Ireland, you'll see that BOD took a knock to his hamstring. This will throw Les Bleus at Ireland line into a mess.

Right now I see Ireland as a 6 point fave on most books. I am sure that this line comes down and presents a strong middle opportunity, maybe, if you can land Les Bleus catching 6 now and can wait on the exposure for 7 days.

If I still had Bet365, I would certainly be getting down now on Les Bleus ATS and try for the middle.

JMHO, man.

I'm pretty sure BOD will be right for next week though.

The line is 6? hmm looks a little big regardless

Back