Silky's Week 8 2014 CFB Diamonds

Silkydiamonds

Imma sip this tea
Kissed my sister last week, was way off on the Baylor/TCU total, way off on GT. WVU I didn't deserve to win if it did, but dadgumit it Shoulda won! And Notre Dame smh you insufferable pricks.

25-22 | +.8u | 53.1%

this week I hope to finally have some writeups (project winding down I.e. I'm bout to collect a nice sum for dicking around in Photoshop lol). But we'll see, because I'll be traveling to philly thurs or Friday.

Anyways let the games begin

temple +7 -115
KSt +8
Texas -12.5
UNT -11
UVA ML +125
Notre Dame +11.5

Interested in
Tulsa
Tulane
Kansas

If the NOLES lose 1 it's this 1. Think it'll be a good game. I thought ND had a good defense, but yikes UNC carved them up. Golson can't pull that spot a team 2 or 3 TOs shit with FSU. Jameis will autograph your golden dome if you do ;). The emergence of the FSU running game as well as the the Frosh WRs should prove beneficial. The NOLES have punted about 3x/gm with Jameis vs Power 5 schools. Means you gonna have to score almost every drive to beat FSU. Oh yeah Matthew Thomas returns this week. He's uhhh REALLY good

anyways imma go chase down this autograph guy who isn't accusing Jameis of being paid & hasn't provided any cancelled checks or video. Cuz yeah!!! That'll learn em!! Lmao

news at 11

curious - what did you make the FSU/ND line?

I know you were looking at this spot before.

curious - what did you make the FSU/ND line?

I know you were looking at this spot before.

Ehh like 8.5-9, so like -2.5-3 at ND. Notre Dame is good, solid defense, playmaking QB. I don't see FSU blowing them out unless Golson keeps up the Kirk Cousins act

Would be against you on UAB. There are some good thoughts on that game in my thread (both sides).

I like Notre Dame

Why notre dame, silkfu?
I could be way off, but watching this years FSU team, I see a team that seems to be about handling business not busting ass. What I mean is last year a lot was about "look how dominant we are". This year seems to be " go in win, move on". Notre Dame is good, like legit good. It's a squad that win almost every Conf & the ones it wouldn't it would be close. From summer I marked this game. NOLES had OSU & Clem as "get up" games but this may be the last ranked team they see. The Irish D is good, but what UNC did scares my bet.

fsu is growing into the team they will be, ND is the team they will be. Great coach in Kelly, playmaker QB, stud OL. Think this turns into a great game that at the end falls to which QB can engineer the death knell. I'll take Jameis but Golson won't make it easy. If he does than Fuck yeah lol.

But honestly ND has beaten a shitty bunch of foes. They've beaten em though.

Thibk they hey got enough talent scheme & heart to make this a game & possibly win it. Hope they don't.

a blowout is possible but if you ain't blowout Cuse, u ain't blowing out the Catholics

34-27

Last edited:
Kissed my sister last week, was way off on the Baylor/TCU total, way off on GT. WVU I didn't deserve to win if it did, but dadgumit it Shoulda won! And Notre Dame smh you insufferable pricks.

25-22 | +.8u | 53.1%

this week I hope to finally have some writeups  (project winding down I.e. I'm bout to collect a nice sum for dicking around in Photoshop lol). But we'll see, because I'll be traveling to philly thurs or Friday.

Anyways let the games begin

temple +7 -115
KSt +8
Texas -12.5
UNT -11
UVA ML +125
Notre Dame +11.5

Interested in
Tulsa
Tulane
Kansas

If the NOLES lose 1 it's this 1. Think it'll be a good game. I thought ND had a good defense, but yikes UNC carved them up. Golson can't pull that spot a team 2 or 3 TOs shit with FSU. Jameis will autograph your golden dome if you do ;). The emergence of the FSU running game as well as the the Frosh WRs should prove beneficial. The NOLES have punted about 3x/gm with Jameis vs Power 5 schools. Means you gonna have to score almost every drive to beat FSU. Oh yeah Matthew Thomas returns this week. He's uhhh REALLY good

anyways imma go chase down this autograph guy who isn't accusing Jameis of being paid & hasn't provided any cancelled checks or video. Cuz yeah!!! That'll learn em!! Lmao

news at 11
silky bol my man I don't understand the TEMPLE line HOUSTON has nothing I like your bets KENTUCKY should win this game this ML has to be unreal bol my brother

Thoughts on Baylor coming off that crazy comeback last week? Can their D stop a good offense?

They should make enough stops. Both teams are tempo/pace teams, nothing disrupts tempo/pace like TOs & sacks, both things WVU is bad at & Baylor is good at. Baylor's ability to stop the run is crucial here. So much of what WVU wants to do offensively is based around having run balance (I know, sounds crazy an AirRaid squad with run balance), the only 2x WVU has seen defenses that can stop the run have been their losses (both by DD Bama & OU). Baylor obviously doesn't have either of those defenses, but they have enough offense that WVU will only have a limited number of tries at achieving balance before they have to become unbalanced. THATS when Baylor beats you.

If both teams get about 14drives, I suspect Baylor scores on 8 of em (6tds & 2fgs 48pts 3punts TO on downs & 2TO), WVU has eclipsed 40 1x. I mighta played the total in the mid to high 70s, but at 80+ I'm leaving no room for error.

48-31 Baylor

​ehh this writeup will prolly blowup in my face, oh well

Iowa State vs Texas -12.5

Stat that stands out:
That’s how many yds in the air Texas allows per game. Sure its 1 thing to produce that number if you’re playing GT, Navy & Air Force. Its an entirely different thing when you produce that vs OU, Baylor & UCLA. The Texas pass Defense is head & shoulders better than ANY PASS DEFENSE in the Nation! I stand by that until proven otherwise.

On the Ground:
Now the Longhorns CAN be had on the ground. If you can run the ball & are committed to doing so (>45x) you WILL run up big numbers vs Texas. Unfortunately, ISU cant & isn’t. Conversely the Horns with all that in state starpower cant do much of anything on the ground. That may be a factor of Shawn Watson scheme not fitting the folks Mack Brown brought in. But damn at 4 & 5 stars I don’t care if you run the single wing you should be able to do something. I mean a backfield that includes Malcolm Brown, Jonathan Gray & Tyrone Swoopes, behind all 4 stars should clear 200ypg easy, every game! I think seeing ISU should fix this a lil bit

Iowa State’s rushing numbers have gone down steadily since 2011, & this year just plummeted. They cant run at all. North Dakota state is a FCS power no doubt, but they put up more yds rushing vs ISU (302) than they did vs Western Illinois (149). The ISU rush defense has let 4 out of 6 teams clear 200+yds rushing. If Texas wants to run, they will at will.

Through The Air:
I joke a lot with Elbutre about Tyrone Swoopes, saying stuff like “24-32 270yds 3tds”. But Im only halfway joking, I think under Watson, Swoopes can become THAT guy. His latest & best performance vs OU mind you was maybe a glimpse of what he can do. He didn’t have good QB coaching previously and it showed early. With proper coaching, this dude can be dynamic & dangerous. Still the Texas pass offense will never be a huge threat until that rushing game gets on solid footing. So much of what Watson wants to do is based of PA & 5-7 step drops. You aint getting to that portion of the playbook without a healthy rush offense that can get 4-5yds on 1st down.

I described up top just how dominant the Texas Pass D is. And as long as they have that they got a shot in just about every game.

Iowa State’s pass offense produces basically the same as Texas’, although maybe from a different style of doing so & obviously less talented players. It isn’t powerful enough to keep the clones in it. Though I will say how they use their passing game has led to an extraordinary 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] conv rate 47.8%!! If they can keep the chains moving, they keep the ball & thus keep the cover in sight. But Texas’ pass D will make Richardson pay. There’s only so many WR screens you can hit before 1 of those Texas DBs steps in front of one & takes it the other way.

The Iowa St Pass def is adequate but non descript. They’ll allow you to pass at a good comp rate (62.5%) & almost a winning ypa (6.8). But what teams wanna fool around with passing when you’re almost granted 200+yds rushing by showing up?

What I See:

Texas puts emphasis on controlling the line. They will impose their identity of being bigger, faster & stronger. Run, Run, Run some more. Some PA & rollouts off of that by Swoopes & a couple big hitters. Texas will make some mistakes both coaching & execution but will win comfortably.

30-13 Texas

first things first: swoopes has a cannon of an arm that can make all the throws, and it's saved him a lot this year. his problem right now is reading a pass rush, the kid lets it fly when he thinks he's in danger; the only problem is he's usually very wrong about pressure and how quick it can get to him. the improvements he's shown with PA and rolling out is amazing. watching this kid vs ou made me realize he's beginning to get a hold of the offense, and the game is slowing down for him. hopefully watson doesn't ask him to do too many zone reads, as his reads have been disastrous this year.

the pass defense is no joke. vance bedford, the new DC is a maniac. he played DB at texas back in the day, and his energy and coaching is evident.

i actually think the defensive line is pretty impressive, the LB corps is not. stopping the run for 4 quarters with shitty LBs is hard to do.

the offensive line is very young, but wickline has them moving the ball when he needs to. they have vastly improved since week 1.

the fear of a "revenge angle" is lost when you get a new HC. texas straight up stole one from the clones last year (with help of the refs), but ISU is walking into a different machine this year. this defense was not present last year, and simply put, isu is gonna struggle to control the clock and get meaningful drives going.

the under is something that i've been bird-doggin.

Let's get this W Silky.
I'm still hurting from the 93 ND gm.
Charlie played his heart out that gm.
I hope this one is just as exciting but a different outcome.

you need to update your first window. looks like we are on same sides this week save that temple game. Texas, Baylor, wku, and uva ... and maybe notre dame later ... I hate when espn keeps talking up nd and downplaying fsu ... they are never right and I lost the number.

Anyway good luck.

Silky. What do you think is wrong with you boy? Slight retardation? Just immature? Something is just off.

Silky. What do you think is wrong with you boy? Slight retardation? Just immature? Something is just off.

I think if the worst thing he's done in college is walk away without paying for Crablegs or standing on a table saying fuck her right in the pussy, it may be US that may be off

I think if the worst thing he's done in college is walk away without paying for Crablegs or standing on a table saying fuck her right in the pussy, it may be US that may be off

If.

But the false indignation of the FHRITP comment from people is ridiculous .. as if everyone of us didn't say something rude and crude to someone when we were that age ... or even later in life.

Back