Silky's Week 5 2014 CFB Diamonds

Silkydiamonds

Imma sip this tea
Welcome back ladies & Gents. We went 4-3 last week to push us to 14-9. I'll speak on some of that last week stuff if I get a shot, but for now just wanna get this weeks stuff out.

OkSt -13
ind -4

Last edited:
I leaned okie lite .. TT having some issues right now. Something wrong when the DC is let go at this point in the year ... meaning something was brewing under the surface for a while. Tough venue to break in the new guy ...

gl and grats on Clemson being Clemson

Good luck Silk, lets get on a heater

JW gonna cost y'all a game at some point. Sorry, but that's the truth. Kid's got million dollar talent and a ten cent head.

Good luck Silk, lets get on a heater

JW gonna cost y'all a game at some point. Sorry, but that's the truth. Kid's got million dollar talent and a ten cent head.

if the gambling gods will allow it. I made it through what's regularly my worst period sittin pretty nice, now let's hope my best period sticks with tradition.

Jameis is a special sort, he wants so much to be "one of the guys", when he's not. A bit naive to the world & his status in it. He's from a lil dot on the map in Bama, dude is a country boy with simple sensibilities, now thrust into a complex big world. Not an excuse for him but it helps complete the picture. Think Terry Bradshaw when he 1st hit the big city with success only this time broke, in college & 20.

I leaned okie lite .. TT having some issues right now. Something wrong when the DC is let go at this point in the year ... meaning something was brewing under the surface for a while. Tough venue to break in the new guy ...

gl and grats on Clemson being Clemson

yeah, should be crazy in that game. I think KK may be a lil bit in over his head. He's a good coach and all, young, brash, handsome. But likely lacks seasoning, this season will begin some of that seasoning. I also think OkSt is a very good team with a matchup nightmare in Tyreek Hill. They beat a better TT team in Lubbock last year by 18, getting them in Stillwater with the mess going on is great. BOL this week bro!

GL Silky, like the Pokes too

Hope thing fall right for us, good luck this week.

haha, that fsu game was incredible. w/you on okie lite.

The more I look the more I see that the Big12 is being undervalued, TCU, OU, OkSt, Baylor, KSt. Those 5 can compete with any teams in the nation & beat them. I'm gonna start making some of that Big 12 cash

my man!:shake:

Silk, being from hueytown ain't JW's problem. The problem is a litany of adults who should know better have continued to let him get away with anything and everything because of his talent. There are stories from high school that I don't know to be true, but if they are, anyone could have seen this coming. If he doesn't get it soon, my guess is he ends up in jail, nevermind the nfl. Jimbo has to be counting down the days until he's rid of him.

Jimbo counting the days to get rid of Winston? Lol. Nah.

He's OK in my book, just a young dumbass like jff.

Gl silk.

What up pimp. I can't believe this duke line either.

Miami qb so bad he should have his first and last name on back of jersey. Reserved for those who suck.

don't understand how tech keeps it close with that defense, and i like Daxx a lot. been watching this kid since he got booted outta southlake. if you wanna laugh, google daxx garman dad. it's hilarious.

if the gambling gods will allow it. I made it through what's regularly my worst period sittin pretty nice, now let's hope my best period sticks with tradition.

The more I look the more I see that the Big12 is being undervalued, TCU, OU, OkSt, Baylor, KSt. Those 5 can compete with any teams in the nation & beat them. I'm gonna start making some of that Big 12 cash

I actually had this argument with someone about the Big 12 last week before the KSU/Aub game. He said the Big 12 didn't look good or do itself any favors early in the season and non conference. Which I beg to differ, and even preseason thought the Big 12 would be better than last year.
If you think about it, aside from Texas and Texas Tech, the Big 12 faired really well against the "big" non conference foes. and even Texas hang close with UCLA. But ISU beats Iowa, KSU hung with Auburn, OU against Tenny, OSU hung with FSU, etc.
essentially the Big 12 went 7-2 ATS:
Texas 1-1
Texas Tech 0-1
OU 1-0
OSU 1-0
KSU 1-0
Iowa St 1-0
WVU 2-0

GL this week. Seems like you and I are similar as we prefer later in the year gambling.

​Memphis +19

Been looking at this. Ole miss has been looking toward Alabama game for almost a month. Not sure their heads are in this one and Memphis isn't quite the pushover they have been in the past. My only concern is Memphis pass d against the ole miss passing attack

Miami qb so bad he should have his first and last name on back of jersey. Reserved for those who suck.

I don't understand this at all. As a Miami homer, let me first say that I am concerned about this game (how sad is that), but not because of the offense. The Defense is terrible and it starts with a DC that has no ability to game plan or make in game adjustments. He runs the same defensive play every down, regardless of the down or distance. I have actually seen a TV screen shot where Nebraska had 3rd and 2, where Nebraska had a two TE set and Miami only had a 4 man line and 6 in the box. He is clueless.

As far as the offense is concerned, it has improved each game, especially the quarterback play. Kaaya has actual been playing really well, and it started when the OC started calling a more aggressive set of plays and not running into a 8 or 9 man front. Kaaya carved up Nebraska and will most likely do that to the rest of their opponents (except maybe FSU, partly because of the FSU defense and partly because the OC will go back to the scared game plan). I just don't get how people can say that Kaaya is that bad; I think it is clear that he will be a damn good quarterback, and you even hear the likes of Herbstreit saying he will soon be a superstar, he is just not there yet.

BOL this week Silky.

likewise Tim, all the best!

Maybe im wrong, but Duke is defending division champ, just off a 10 win season, about 2mins from upsetting aTm, returned like 14 starters, is 4-0 with 4 blowouts (albeit against inferior teams but that's what you're supposed to do) vs a Miami team that may win 6gms. I'll take Duke & a TD. Miami gotta prove it.

I actually had this argument with someone about the Big 12 last week before the KSU/Aub game. He said the Big 12 didn't look good or do itself any favors early in the season and non conference. Which I beg to differ, and even preseason thought the Big 12 would be better than last year.
If you think about it, aside from Texas and Texas Tech, the Big 12 faired really well against the "big" non conference foes. and even Texas hang close with UCLA. But ISU beats Iowa, KSU hung with Auburn, OU against Tenny, OSU hung with FSU, etc.
essentially the Big 12 went 7-2 ATS:
Texas 1-1
Texas Tech 0-1
OU 1-0
OSU 1-0
KSU 1-0
Iowa St 1-0
WVU 2-0

GL this week. Seems like you and I are similar as we prefer later in the year gambling.

yeah bro I'm digging into the Big 12 more & more. Those are good teams & don't think lines makers have been lining em right. Think it gets better in conf play. Good luck Hammer, I'll be checking your stuff to see what nuggets you have.

Been looking at this. Ole miss has been looking toward Alabama game for almost a month. Not sure their heads are in this one and Memphis isn't quite the pushover they have been in the past. My only concern is Memphis pass d against the ole miss passing attack

We are on the exact same page! Everything you just said. Ole Miss has gotta be thinking let's get Memphis over with and get Bama. Meanwhile Memphis they can score points & most importantly they can do it on the ground to eat clock. Ole Miss gon get theirs but if Memphis can eat clock with the points this should hit.

Congrats to your Noles on the win.
Thanks, but I've seen the future & thy name is Deshaun Watson. That guy is special! Like 1man gang special.

2-6 That sucked!

but.......... NOLES won :)

watermelon2.jpg

Fix your faces lurkers, could get stuck that way

Back