Silky's Week 4 CFB Diamonds

Silkydiamonds

Imma sip this tea
Welp, the nice lil early season run ended last week. I aint really mad about it, that’s the way the game goes. Not really much to recap on the week either unless someone wants it. Just keep moving forward.

This week we got some interesting games and of course a game Im quite partial to, but almost assuredly wont bet (Clem @ FSU). Id take the points if I were to bet it, & even a lil stab at the ML. Why not? Because either its a blowout or it’s a 1 possession game late, and if it’s the latter I’d much rather have my hands on a ticket that paid handsomely if things bounce my way rather than a bronze level insurance policy for a gold level life. But Definitely feel 20 is a away too many here no matter the final. I'll talk more on this 1 later

Anyways moving on……..

Week 3: 2-3 | -1.3u
Overall: 10-6 | +3.4u | 62.5%

ECU -2
Pitt -6
cuse -1
UVA +15

Last edited:
I almost hit UNC +115 this morning but wanna talk to you before I do. I had UNC as a legit contender for their side of the ACC, and for sure didn't see ECU being as good as they are. But I think I'll pay to see them play well enough to win off SC and VT games.

gluck silk, what are your thoughts on that ECU line..pretty big win for the Pirates not that it's a letdown spot, I have UNC higher as well and think they hang in this contest with the pirates

I'll settle for a victory. Will not be playing, but will be attending. Getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to make game day.

Maybe I'm wrong on UNC, but I see a team that's beaten Jerry Falwell U & SdSt because of TOs & having a 53% to 36% 3rd down conv rate against the future televangelists of America. Ain't impressed. Ohh you let the next wave of collection plate salesmen rush for what? 157yds & 3tds hmmm ok. You let "some guy" from SdSt toss 341yds @ 8.7ypa Quinn "I got the Job becuz Adam Dingwell has been dinged up too much" Kaehler. Hmmm ok.

aint trying to hear much about letdown either. ECU's schedule was built perfect if they harbored any hope of being Mr Surprise in the playoff. Stick close to USCe who just beat media darling UGA. Beat VT who just shit on Uncle Urban's Bucks. In Blacksburg mind you. Another ACC notch on the belt before starting a very winnable AAC sched. Yeah they want this. Cuz at the end of the year if some power 5 champs other than SEC are 2loss, an 11-1 ECU with VT & UNC wins & close game vs potential SEC champ USCe, is very intriguing.

or quite simply, they're better than UNC & I willing to bet it

*Disclaimer* a kid from my HS MJ Stewart is a frosh DB at UNC, and the kid is really good, got some burn vs SdSt. I root for UNC because of the kid, still feel how I do.

Last edited:
East Carolina loves nothing more than beating up on "big brother", and you have to think they're motivated after last week's game as well. GL to you, amigo!! Have a great week.

Gl this week my man.. If you have time let me know your fsu/Clemson thoughts.. Thanks bro.

Disagree strongly on this one. Impressed that ECU hung with South Car and VT, but the beating of VT was an emotional letdown spot from VT. (plus, they aren't that good) VT puts their corners on islands and hopes to get pressure on the QB, ECU eats up that type of defense, but VT really doesn't try different things. Plus, their offense is a joke, almost always has been.

I see UNC coming out pissed off over getting stomped at home last year and ECU being happy about a win in Blacksburg. UNC has some skills players that ECU just can't hang with (unlike VT) Best of luck, but against you on this one.

I guess we see ECU different & it's ok. But ECU ain't mom & pop state happy to have beat a power 5 team. ECU expects to compete with them. Played against VT WELL last year, stomped UNC IN Chapel Hill, beat NcSt IN Raliegh, damn near had SoCar IN Columbia. I think it's fine time y'all stop looking at ECU as some Podunk state school & see they've been competing with AND beating power 5 schools.

I guess we see ECU different & it's ok. But ECU ain't mom & pop state happy to have beat a power 5 team. ECU expects to compete with them. Played against VT WELL last year, stomped UNC IN Chapel Hill, beat NcSt IN Raliegh, damn near had SoCar IN Columbia. I think it's fine time y'all stop looking at ECU as some Podunk state school & see they've been competing with AND beating power 5 schools.

No, I agree that ECU has a very good program and a very underated QB in Carden. If anything, Im too high on UNC because I think they have some weapons and a QB that has played well. VT is one dimensional and always rely on their defense. I think UNC can bring a balanced attack to ECU. And on offense, ECU isn't very good at running the ball and they will probably have some turnovers. If VT WRs could hang on to some passes, even last weeks game may have been a lot different.

Good stuff on Ecu Silk. Appreciate the thoughts. A tough slate of games this week. I'm on Nothern Illy this week but don't see much else to like on this slate, but I've got plenty of work ahead of me.

Good stuff on Ecu Silk. Appreciate the thoughts. A tough slate of games this week. I'm on Nothern Illy this week but don't see much else to like on this slate, but I've got plenty of work ahead of me.

whatever you do, I'm definitely taking a peek and may follow, so I can't wait to see how you maneuver this week's stuff.

get 'em this week Silky

thanks bro, let's do it!

No Gators ML? Come on Silk

View attachment 36888

No, I agree that ECU has a very good program and a very underated QB in Carden. If anything, Im too high on UNC because I think they have some weapons and a QB that has played well. VT is one dimensional and always rely on their defense. I think UNC can bring a balanced attack to ECU. And on offense, ECU isn't very good at running the ball and they will probably have some turnovers. If VT WRs could hang on to some passes, even last weeks game may have been a lot different.

this is how we learn bro. I'm ALWAYS interested in hearing the other side & encourage it, cuz even if it ain't me that takes advantage of the free flow of info SOMEBODY will!! Keep contributing, this is how it should be

GL silk. oppo in ithaca.

Beginning to feel on the wrong side of that

and GL this week

hey man this is the most wonderful time of year, glad you stopping through. If you got any jewels feel free to drop em

Gl this week my man.. If you have time let me know your fsu/Clemson thoughts.. Thanks bro.

Hope to have some coherent thoughts by thurs. Should be a fun game

East Carolina loves nothing more than beating up on "big brother", and you have to think they're motivated after last week's game as well. GL to you, amigo!! Have a great week.
EXACTLY!

ECU kids may be able to understand SoCar maybe not wanting them (SEC), but they ain't hearing UNC/NcSt/VT (ACC) is too good for them. They take it personal, they want to show they are just as good.

Of course, that's always true, and they seldom do it. Good spot for the Heels, methinks.

How 'bout a Fresca, umm?

Hey Silk, I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me. As long as you have a valid reason.

silky bol the games look real good the only diff is IOWA but at least 1 of us will win it might be a push gl

GL, on two of those as well. I really wanted to take UVA but the Mormons can be bullies and if they get the chance they will run it up. I would love to see an outright UVA win.

Podunk State put up 70 .. unreal.

Grats on escaping with a win for the Seminoles. Dabo gonna Dabo I guess

Back