• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

67-59-3 Overall
6-9 on half plays
9-2 on Totals
+6.9 units on the year

Ended up really not playing anything the last 2 or 3 weeks of the year. Followed on a few but focused mostly on CBB. I love bowl season though. Last year it made my year. It was a very profitable one. Hope its just like that this year.

December 22nd
BYU -4.5 (1 unit) LOSS
December 30th
Alabama -4 WIN
December 31st
Indiana +4.5
South Florida -6
January 1st
Wisconsin +3.5 (5 units.. dumb)
Michigan/Florida over 62.5 (2 units)
January 3rd
Va Tech -1.5 (2 units)
January 7th
BCS Championship Game
LSU -3.5 (4 units)

Last edited by a moderator:
Will get writeups on both of these games in the coming days. Just a quick blurb on the Hokies. I love the way Va Tech is playing right now though. Glennon has confidence and it showed against BC. He looks like a whole new QB from the beginning of the year when he looked completly lost in that offense. Defense is stepping up big time. Kansas has the 109th ranked schedule out of 119. I dont think they belong in the BCS

Will be playing Florida when the line comes out. Looking for something like Florida -7 to 9. Something in that range. This will be another one of those spread attacks with a mobile QB except this is the most talented one Michigan defense has faced so far. This should cause all sorts of problems for this Michigan defense. Their run defense is horrible. Gave up huge games to Beanie and a good game to Zach Brown and the Badgers. Florida running game should be able to have a nice day against em. I am scared about Michigan finally getting to 100 percent though. They should be able to score some points with Henne and Hart finally both being 100 percent. I dont know if Henne will be. That shoulder might still be a big problem. Looking forward to this total as well

Henne won't be 100% until after the season and he has shoulder surgery. Should be a shit ton of points though, UM won't go down without a fight.

Will be playing Florida when the line comes out. Looking for something like Florida -7 to 9. Something in that range. This will be another one of those spread attacks with a mobile QB except this is the most talented one Michigan defense has faced so far. This should cause all sorts of problems for this Michigan defense. Their run defense is horrible. Gave up huge games to Beanie and a good game to Zach Brown and the Badgers. Florida running game should be able to have a nice day against em. I am scared about Michigan finally getting to 100 percent though. They should be able to score some points with Henne and Hart finally both being 100 percent. I dont know if Henne will be. That shoulder might still be a big problem. Looking forward to this total as well

They gave up one long ruin to Beanie..other wise they controlled him. The run defense also shut down MSU except for 2 drives...a great running team. Again though..spread...so that makes them less effective

The total is the play in this game..no doubt.

I look for something like the 2001 Citrus Bowl where UM beat Florida 38-30

I can see that..or the 2000 citrus when MSU beat Florida...wild games.

UM in all reality should get blown out but there will be points.

I can see that..or the 2000 citrus when MSU beat Florida...wild games.

UM in all reality should get blown out but there will be points.
Yeah those two years B2B..add the UM Orange Bowl win over Bama in 2000....just absolute classics

228 BAR...the long run was 40 yds...don't think they controlled him..

That said, saying UM's run D is awful is an exageration for sure....

I think FLA covers this game though...Mallett plays more than Henne prolly when all is said and done..seniors that don't give a shit at this point basically and coaching disaster..

FLA has to be the play..

Only UM argument is it's too many pts...but it is for a reason here...a ton working against UM.

228 BAR...the long run was 40 yds...don't think they controlled him..

That said, saying UM's run D is awful is an exageration for sure....

I think FLA covers this game though...Mallett plays more than Henne prolly when all is said and done..seniors that don't give a shit at this point basically and coaching disaster..

FLA has to be the play..

Only UM argument is it's too many pts...but it is for a reason here...a ton working against UM.
Was a 67 yard touchdown. Other than that he averaged like 3.3 a carry. What I meant is he never hurt them that game. Now, he was a big part of win because he basically did what Hart did against PSU and just grinded out 2-4 yards over 30-40 times to control possesion.

Michigan def wouldn't be a play here. The line wil be interesting. Like I said..hova, hova, hova

Floridas defense is pathetic

Trust me, this is a matchup I didn't want to see...just because it could get ugly..as in double-digit win.

Was a 67 yard touchdown. Other than that he averaged like 3.3 a carry. What I meant is he never hurt them that game. Now, he was a big part of win because he basically did what Hart did against PSU and just grinded out 2-4 yards over 30-40 times to control possesion.

Michigan def wouldn't be a play here. The line wil be interesting. Like I said..hova, hova, hova

Floridas defense is pathetic
Correction...32 yard run..and he had 32 yards on the last drive which were meaningless.

I consider him a great back...so the job Michigan did on him was very solid.

Basically, just am trying to debunk the myth that he tore them up because he most certainly didn't. In regards to this game though...totally different conditions and totally different weather no doubt.

Other than schemes, coaching, players etc...

heres your intangible...

I betcha Carr would rather beat Meyer than Tressel this year...think about it.

Like I said in another thread I exaggerate too often when I type. Horrible run defense was a poor choice of words. Just waiting for this total to come out to see what it looks like. Both will still be bigger plays.

BAR why would Carr have any incentive to beat Meyer. Am I missing something?

Like I said in another thread I exaggerate too often when I type. Horrible run defense was a poor choice of words. Just waiting for this total to come out to see what it looks like. Both will still be bigger plays.

BAR why would Carr have any incentive to beat Meyer. Am I missing something?
meyer is a great coach and I respect him a lot but his politicking last year really upset an old school...respectful guy like Lloyd. In all honesty, even if I was an outsider I think it was chintzy...but whats done is done.

I think the main deal is Meyer is a master w/ alot of time off in finding ways to utilize the spread to kill ya...he was great w/ Utah in bowls...great in Fiesta bowl vs Pitt that year Utah ran the table..

Obviously the two bowls w/ FLA...

He's just going formation and scheme English to death here...and UM's offense is too vanilla..esp when Mallett is forced to play...

I think UF will win handily...

Wisconsin +3.5 (5 units)
Couldnt believe this line. Will have more on it later. I think its a mistake.

Florida/Michigan Over 62.5 (2 units)

I'm a Vols fan but Wisky +3.5 is tempting. The Badgers track record in bowls alone make it one you have to look at. Although I would offer some caution in that the two teams most similar to Wisky that UT played, the Vols hammered(UGA and Arkansas) but both were at home. I'll have to do more research on the Badgers.

UF/UM over is money.

Yeah I think I overreacted a little bit once I saw the +3.5. I might buy back a unit or someting. Dont want everything riding on that one game. That was kind of dumb of me.

I don't get why they would make Wisky a favorite here though..has to be more than PJ Hill being healthy..

Wisky's only real good games came at Camp Randall this season..

I get the bowl history, but that's not enough to make them a fave..

I think Tenny -3 is right....I do like Wisky to possibly cover though..

But not one of the better games on the board IMO.

Im trying to think of how I can do this the best way. It was a horrible overreaction on my part putting 5 units on Wisconsin. Thats just too much for a game thats not a sure thing IMO. I think Im going to hope it moves down to Tennessee -3. Than put 2 units on the Vols at -3 and hope for a Vols 3 point victory. Thats probally the best way to solve this mess

Back