SHSUHorn vs ABCS MNF Football Bonanza

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
LOL-had to get creative about the title with Vince and Reg meeting on MNF tomorrow night..

Lets get some discussion..

My thing with primetime games is basically a public fade after week 2..usually works out real well

New Orleans opened 6-48

Both have dropped.

A lot of ML bets on Tenny so far

Orleans in same position as Philly today at 0-2 at home an favored against a team that has played well so far this year

Thoughts?

my lines say tenn but i got feeling NO figures it out (aka hands the ball off to deuce 25x and quits trying to be cute on offense).

I'm still waiting to see how the line moves but in general, when it moves like that I pound both dog and under because one will usually hit. Also, do you know any site where I can check the percentage of public betting? I assume more people would be on the Saints more than Tenn.

Isnt this Vince Young's 1st MNF game ?

If so I expect some fireworks from him, also teh Saints D is Horrid you figre Vince Young could even torch their secondary, their LB's probaly cant even keep up with him. Also the Titans D has been stellar they frusterated Peyton and the Colts last week. I'll be on the pts and ML

It's at 4 or 4.5 and 45.5 or 46 right now...would like to see if it goes back up to 5 or possibly 6 by game time.

I'm still waiting to see how the line moves but in general, when it moves like that I pound both dog and under because one will usually hit. Also, do you know any site where I can check the percentage of public betting? I assume more people would be on the Saints more than Tenn.

Courtesy o sportsinsights...

53-47 percent on Tenny

74 percent on Tenny ML

I already took the four points. New Orleans is one of those teams that has showed me nothing this season. Now granted, Eagles were the same. So was San Diego in my mind. I like the odds on that. The Titans are young and scrappy. They just know how to win and keep games close. Vince Young is crazy good but his stats will never show it. This is his first MNF game, first primetime game period I think.

NO's secondary is just plain awful. They have no shut down corner. The thing is the Titans don't have that vertical of a game. I think they try to stretch that out though today.

Titans rush defense is not horrible with Bullucks and I expect him to come up big. I also expect Titan's rush offense to have a great day.

You gotta love the points. I know the Superdome will be rocking, but still.

There really is nothing concrete that merits a Saints bet IMO, it's just the belief that they've gotta bounce back at some point, based on last year. I bet with that thought, like many, and got rocked against Tampa. I might be stupid enough to do it again, but VY is a covering machine.

Shouldn't we all feel kind of dumb for not blinding tailing the Titans since their 13-3 ATS in their last 'season' of games, 3 away from the elusive VY Slam. Sometimes I look in the mirror after Titans games and call myself a pussy, because I am for not betting them every week.

gotta take vince +4! :shake: .....might even go ML.....

i need just a decent game out of VY for fantasy purposes...
(i'm down by 6 pts & he has nobdy left playing)

AFC >>>>>>>>>>>>>NFC
(last game of the week for this. went 1-2-2 over the weekend. YTD is 5-5-3)

I may be a bit biased here....but for whatever it's worth to anyone;

I've played ON VINCE since game one. I've made more than I've lost (by far) so why change.......in other words, I don't even capp his games.
I'm still riding for free !!!!!

So, you need him to not die? BOL

well a pick or 2 here. a fumble or 2 there. consider he barely throws for 200 yds/game and hasn't done much in the TD departmen VY could easily get negative points.....

lets just hope that isn't so tonight.... :prayer

Vince shines brightest in big games and big situations, Tiger like. He'll find a way to win. As others have, I've done well with the VY train at UT and with the Titans. I'm going +4, ML and over 20 1/2 .

Courtesy o sportsinsights...

53-47 percent on Tenny

74 percent on Tenny ML

Thanks BAR...interesting to see that much people on the Tenn ML. I understand that dogs usually win SU when cover the spread but it's MNF, there aren't that many blow out games. This game may be similar to the Ari/SF in week 1.

:cheers:

55% on Tenny and the line goes from 4 to 5.....hmmmmmm, I gotta feeling Vegas is looking for Titans action.

I think if NO gets up Tenny is forced to throw and get away from the running and NO gets it done.

Call it 31-17....Brees gets off like DMc did yesterday.:whip:

55% on Tenny and the line goes from 4 to 5.....hmmmmmm, I gotta feeling Vegas is looking for Titans action.

I think if NO gets up Tenny is forced to throw and get away from the running and NO gets it done.

Call it 31-17....Brees gets off like DMc did yesterday.:whip:

I really am starting to agree

Line goes 6-4-5

Too much Titans love...

That's not a big enough move for me..

Shit the GB line went to 7 yesterday at dimes...

It's too early for plays strictly on line moves..plays are still based on assumptions...esp based on this spot.

That's not a big enough move for me..

Shit the GB line went to 7 yesterday at dimes...

It's too early for plays strictly on line moves..plays are still based on assumptions...esp based on this spot.

wow..that went to 7....very odd...

Game makes to much sense capping to take Tenny...everything points that way...

Primetime games after first few weeks tend to be easier to cap for myself on situational factors and basically fading...

New Orleans -4 -120

Found this one yahoo..

"Saints quarterback Drew Brees had his best day throwing the ball in 2004 while with San Diego, coincidentally against the Titans. He had a 149.2 passer rating with three touchdowns in that game."

Both teams also playing before their bye-week. I think Saints leave it all out on the field with their home opener. Line movement favors Titans while being at nearly even action too..

I've been scratching my head on this one like a lot of folks that are on the fence, and wasted countless minutes at work today looking for something that sticks out. Hard to argue stats and trends in TN's favor, it just looks too obvious on TN - which usually kicks my ass on MNF when I follow the crowd.

On the Saints here for 2u in a high scoring affair...

anyone have thoughts on this prop?

Both players must play for action. OT Included
Mon 9/24 8:25PM (EST)

<table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>1680 Vince Young +58.5 pass+rush yrds </td><td> -105 </td></tr><tr><td>1681 Drew Brees -58.5 pass+rush yrds </td><td> -125 </td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="1"><tbody><tr><td>1680 Vince Young +58.5 pass+rush yrds </td><td> -105 </td></tr><tr><td>1681 Drew Brees -58.5 pass+rush yrds </td><td> -125 </td></tr></tbody></table>

hmmm, tempting. if i had to i would grab brees. i can see brees putting up 250+

hmmm, tempting. if i had to i would grab brees. i can see brees putting up 250+

I was thinking more along the lines of this:

VY 175 yards passing, 50-75 rushing, +58.5 spread - 283.5
Brees - anything under 283.5 yards

OK...I have to take VY for a unit

BAR I agree with your comparison to the Philly game, but after thinking on the game and the putrid NO defense I backed off my original stance and just put $2 on NO laying 4. Good luck tonight. :cheers:

titans +4.5..they seem to cover an awful lot as a dog. NO just isn't a good football team right now imo.

Stuart Scott is annoying as F*ck and he looks scarey with that lazy eye thing going on.

The sad part is I have Reggie Bush on my fantasy team and need him to have a big game.

Fuck it though. I hate him. Go Titans.

Shouldn't we all feel kind of dumb for not blinding tailing the Titans since their 13-3 ATS in their last 'season' of games, 3 away from the elusive VY Slam. Sometimes I look in the mirror after Titans games and call myself a pussy, because I am for not betting them every week.
I'm from Tennessee and go to quite a bit of Titans and can tell you I have rode the Titans for a good while now and it has been nice to me. I have been on Titans spread and ML's for a lot of these games, but I really have no opinon on this game. I think the Titans are the better team, but I remember the Saints against the Falcons on MNF last year and that scares me. The Titans O-Line is very, very good but VY still struggles passing which doesn't help attack the Saints weakness in the secondary. The Titans defense, especially the D-Line has been great so far, but I still don't know whether to buy it yet considering how bad they were last year. However, the Saints came into the year for some reason hailed as a great team. People act like this team went 13-3 last year, when in reality they were 10-6 in an AWFUL NFC. The Saints are overrated, but I could see them blow out the Titans in their first primetime game with a young team in forever. Can't really see value in either side, but I do like some of the props.

Honestly...

Vince young should have a field day against those 3 unathletic linebackers for the saints...

passing, running, whatever the fuck he wants.

I dunno, this game just has a college football atmosphere to me over in Naw Awleans super dome.

I'm sorry but isn't VY also like 25-2 ATS in his last 27 games he's started NFL & college?
I don't know about Texas like you do SHSU, but he has been DOMINANT ATS with the Titans. Of course its not all him, just a lot of people don't ever watch the Titans. Their O-Line is solid, great coaching, Vanden Boeasch, Haynesworth, and Bulluck on D. They are just a solid team, that's why they are cover spreads. Vince is been a big part of it, but not all. I think that Vegas is finally starting catch up with some of their lines though.

Back