Showcase Sunday

Cautiously optimistic. Its an exciting time to be a Tiger fan. Regardless of todays outcome, things seem to be trending in the right direction for some long term stability.

What are the concerns and strengths here?

LSU strengths WR and hopefully a QB that can maximize them.
RBs - average-ish?
OL - concern

DL - good
LBs - ?
DBs - bunch of transfers - questionable situation?

FG kicking?

FSU strengths QB running game, average passer
RBs and WRs - average
OL - concern

DL - good interior, weak edge?
LBs - average
DBs - young with potential

special teams - average to below average?

Coaching, edge LSU

Teams are kinda even with some slight edges to LSU?

So it kinda a total guess but I played Travis under 36.5 rushing yards. Figure lsu defensive front will be stout and since sacks count against a qb rush total if they can get to him 3-4 times he will have to run for 80+ to actually get over the number! Also since they didn’t play last week I’d assume Kelly has spent a lot of time preparing for these guys so should have his team prepared to stop him in run game and on scrabbles!

On the other side I played Jayden Daniels ov 38.5 rush yards. I just looked how often he hit this number at asu and figure on a fast track with way more weapons teams have to respect he has better chance of the 2 qbs to run wild on pass plays turned scrambling!

Gotta take the lumps

FLA St had a good scheme on offense. Smith injury early hurt as did special teams. Wouldn’t have thought that with a Kelly team.
Offense just not great obviously. Didn’t like the play calling at all

Gotta take the lumps

FLA St had a good scheme on offense. Smith injury early hurt as did special teams. Wouldn’t have thought that with a Kelly team.
Offense just not great obviously. Didn’t like the play calling at all

I couldn’t really tell if they called plays cause Daniels rarely played within the structure of the offense, he did look better late but most the game it seemed like he decided to scramble before getting to his 1st read a lot of the time! He obviously a nightmare to deal with out there running around but if teams don’t have to respect his passing ability it gonna get tougher on him opposed to easier. When he did scramble and still look to throw they were never accurate, like he woulda been better off just running. Seemed like a stark contrast between him and Travis who showed a ton of growth from a guy that was mainly a running qb last season, it not like he had all day ro throw either, lsu was putting pressure on him but he stayed composed, picked out the right guy, and stepped into throws. The times lsu had him dead to rights he then used his athletic ability to avoid sacks and make something positive happen. Maybe it was game plan/scheme but for me it was the difference between 1 kid running the offense and the other trying to make the offense by himself.

I can’t believe @tru didnt rub my nose in this

Would you feel better if we made fun of you?

I think it would just be short lived, lsu will win a ship in next 3-4 years. I’ve seen what Kelly does with far less talent and support than he will get here.

Would you feel better if we made fun of you?

I think it would just be short lived, lsu will win a ship in next 3-4 years. I’ve seen what Kelly does with far less talent and support than he will get here.
I really don’t care, he just passed by on an INGAME for first time in years thought he would blast me

Back