Should I Sell High On Forte (Trade Help)

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
The other owner has Brees AND Manning.

He said he is interested in Forte for Brees.

My current QB's:

Warner, Favre, Cutler

My current RB's (Start at least 2):

Westbrook, Grant, Forte, Kevin Smith, Earnest Graham

I told him I'd do it. We'll see if it gets confirmed. I was skeptical, because I do like my 3-headed monster at QB, but it's frustrating trying to pick match-ups each week. I sat Favre and started Warner in week 1, and that will end up losing my game.

I really like Forte this year, even before what he showed us yesterday, but I would definately make that trade.

Wow overwhelming consensus. He said he needs to take a day to decide. He said he had another offer on the table for a starting RB, but I doubt he does.

Make that trade!

With Brady out, Manning returning from injury and shaking off rust with Harrison, Romo has Barber to depend on, ...

What I'm getting at is Brees could finish as the best QB this season.

Well, he responded back this morning. He said he'll give me Peyton Manning for Forte. I'm totally stumped. I still think it's a great value, but can I trust that Manning is healthy. He looked rusty in week 1 against a good D, but he still put up 18 fantasy points in week 1 for my league.

Best Qb's in league according to yours truly...

1. Peyton
2. Brees
3. McNabb
4. Romo
5. Big Ben
6. Cutler
7. Warner
8. Rodgers
9. Palmer
10. Delhomme
11. Favre

If i was you id stick with your trio. I think its real solid rotation.

You have to do that for the value alone but then i have no idea what you do with 4 qbs. Think you would then have to move 2.

Damn the commish (my brother) is thinking he may not let it go through. What else could I give him?

I still have Warner, Cutler, and Favre. But he has Brees, too.

I have Westbrook, Grant, Graham, and Kevin Smith.

I have Andre Johnson, Colston, and Marshall. And I also have Engram on IR.

fuck that...why wouldnt he let it go through??

theres no collusion

if two people agree to a trade, it should go through

hes just gonna veto it so your team isnt too good...id punch him in the face

Yup...a veto should never happen unless collusion is involved...some people value players more then others..

I was in a league that Westbrook went 1 w/ no PPR...everyone called him an idiot...but he said he doesn't get "value"...he wanted westbrook in first round and it was his first round pick...and westbrook was gonna go first round..

I think he's an idiot but he's allowed to be.....

If a draft was done today Manning and Forte could very well be picked in the same round.

I agree guys. The main thing here is that the other owner has Manning AND Brees. He has some leeway in trading. Forte isn't totally a proven commodity YET, but he has the potential. The other owner can take a risk and still have Brees as his #1 QB.

I'm getting angry now LOL.

Yup..that guy prolly drafted both with the intention to trade one..that's not uncommon..ur'e brother needs to get his head outta his ass..

Now I think he could get a more proven back than Forte...but the upside is there..

My concern is the rushing defenses in the division..Minny obviously and GB no slouch..but the two games vs DET rush D could wash all that out.

Both Minnesota and Green Bay rush d's got gashed last night. Seeing Al Harris get run over was hilarious. And we all know what happened to Detroit. Chicago stopped addai in his tracks in indy. Bears best rush d in division...maybe league sans Tenny.

GB had 80 of the 130 yds rushing in two plays last night...the long run by Grant and the one scramble by Rodgers...besides that there wasn't much...gashed is a bit strong...

I just wouldn't count on Forte for a full season. Tough transition for a rookie, especially at 20 carries a game. I wouldn't trust him during fantasy playoff time.

yep, Rogers had what 50 yards scrambling? grant went for 57 on that one play i think. GB rush O was nonexistant otherwise. MIN held them 6 straight on the 1 yard line because of penalties. You can not start Forte against MINN

I guess McNabb didnt have that great a game either. SInce, he had 189 of his 361 passing yards come of 3 completions.

true believe, but Kevin Jones just doesn't have the skill Forte does. He will not lose carries to KJ. it was obvious Forte's vision is so much better than KJs.

honestly though, about the trade... i think i'd rather give up Grant, Graham, or Kevin Smith before Forte. Grant is DEFINITELY someone you can not count on come playoff time

we're talking about the defense here. are you seriously trying to argue MINN's rush D is not great? keep watching.

true believe, but Kevin Jones just doesn't have the skill Forte does. He will not lose carries to KJ. it was obvious Forte's vision is so much better than KJs.

honestly though, about the trade... i think i'd rather give up Grant, Graham, or Kevin Smith before Forte. Grant is DEFINITELY someone you can not count on come playoff time

Man, I dunno. I do like Forte, but no way I'd rather trade Grant. Grant and Manning's draft positions were kinda the same this year. I grabbed Forte in like round 7.

i just think Grant is more injury prone than Forte. Forte will recover much faster than grant. I do think GBs rush O is better though, especially with Rogers and his roll outs. i guess i spoke over my head saying Forte and Grant are equal, but I'd rather have Forte in week 14 than Grant.

we're talking about the defense here. are you seriously trying to argue MINN's rush D is not great? keep watching.

Balitmore has the best run d in the league. So i consider them great and them alone. Minnseota is top 5. Bal, PIt, Chi, Min, ...

Back