Shortlist for 2007 Player of the Year

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
Hahaha another comical list

Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Fabio Cannavaro (Italy), Petr Cech (Czech Republic), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Deco (Portugal), Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast), Michael Essien (Ghana), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Gennaro Gattuso (Italy), Steven Gerrard (England), Thierry Henry (France), Juninho (Brazil), Kaka (Brazil), Miroslav Klose (Germany), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Frank Lampard (England), Rafael Marquez (Mexico), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Alessandro Nesta (Italy), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Franck Ribery (France), Juan Roman Riquelme (Argentina), Ronaldinho (Brazil), Wayne Rooney (England), John Terry (England), Carlos Tevez (Argentina), Lilian Thuram (France), Fernando Torres (Spain), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Netherlands), Patrick Vieira (France)

Out of that list the players in my opinion that deserves it should be

Cristiano Ronaldo
Ruud van Nistelrooy
Kaka

how the hell is Buffon on that list when he played last season in Serie B!!!! The 3 players i selected actually played a very vital role in their teams success. Obviously Kaka is no doubt just a superb talent, Ruud energized that Madrid attack and Ronaldo well...the guy has dazzled the flanks and was by far one of the best players in England. But come on i have no idea why some of these players are on this list.

Where is it from, Mike?...Add Gerard and Gattuso to the 3 of your list and there you have the top-5, imho, judging from their personal performance but also from their contribution to their teams´success.

Soccernet posted this, its the official list.

Again its very similar to that 100 Best Players list. I just don't see why there are certain players on the list. Mind boggling.

Mike, why dont you post a list with your top players and lets see how many people agree with you.

it aint that easy.

Buddy, look at the list they provide

Buffon played in Serie B

Eto'o has been plauged with injuries

Marquez ahead of Puyol? I don't think so

Thierry Henry....what did he do last season?

Carlos Tevez has not lived up to his potential yet, plays well for country but playing for West Ham doesn't help him.

Fernando Torres should not be on this years list but next years should be a given.

Juninho has struggled with injuries, he's starting to hamper. Not as good as he was a few seasons ago.

But be serious here. Those players shouldn't be listed there. I really do not know how the panel makes their decisions. What are they basing it on?

im talking about the top 100 list.

the one you posted is pretty messed up considering it's for 2007, marquez??? come on.

but the list by fourfourtwo is no joke.

TOTTI had a great year and he was left off the list....he was the European goal scoring champ....what a joke!

Lampard is suck!!!! he just play very good for Chelsea but never for England!! i mean he isn't world class player!

TOTTI had a great year and he was left off the list....he was the European goal scoring champ....what a joke!

See, even you can attest that this list is a joke. If you can't put up the goal scoring champ in ALL of Europe in one of the top league in the World what does that mean? Roma had a pretty darn good season so why can't at least Totti be mentioned?

im responding to the very first line of this thread, where you imply that my top 100 list is a joke.

My first line states "Hahaha another comical list" says nothing to do with your top 100 list. Its stating an opinion on the shortlist of the FIFA Player of the Year

Back