sherrod harris

Harris (rs so.) is probably one of the brightest players on the team. He choose to stay from what we are hearing. He hasn't been getting as many snaps and is behind John Chiles (so.) who has created quite a buzz.

G.J Kinne (rs fr.) is heading toward Louisiana Tech according to those in the know. He sat 4th on the depth chart even though he threw for 47 TDs to 1 INT and 11 rushing TDs his senior year of hs.

Kinne also knew he had no shot with 5-star Garrett Gilbert coming in next year who many are considering the best pure QB ever to come out of the state of Texas.

The question then does this open up a ship to Russell Shepard?

Yep that about sums it up. Sounds like Kinne is pretty much done. Sherrod was really struggling with his decision (you could tell just by looking at his facebook profile) and at one point was probably leaning heavily towards transferring. He even wrote on someone's facebook wall that he was probably gonna be gone. Latest word is that hes leaning towards staying though.

interesting, thanks horn, alby, and 1551.

horn, u think shepard would leave LSU?

I can't see Shephard leaving LSU...shit he never gave Mich a look and he's already recruiting for LSU..

He's not a second fiddle kind of kid...

interesting, thanks horn, alby, and 1551.

horn, u think shepard would leave LSU?
I do. He wanted very much to be a Longhorn. If this allows us to take him on as a QB believe me we'll let him know and he will think about it. Hes already said hes heard about the rumors.

If Mack offers him as a QB he will come to Texas.

He was told to wait untill after the spring to see if somethings unfold. Some are saying Harris isn't even getting a real shot at the #2 position and actually looked better then Chiles in the spring game.

Not sure if they are trying to show Harris and Kinne the door to make room for Shepard or what.

Shepard also has been traveling to Austin every weekend to work on his throwing with former NFL QB Jeff Blake. Blake's son is a stud WR as well that might end up at Texas if they offer which would help us with Shepard since they've formed quite a friendship.

Damn scholarship limits.

The issue here as well is Gilbert's dad a former NFL QB as well wanted a promise that his son would be the only QB taken in the class. Not sure why since Gilbert looks better then any QB in the country to these eyes.

Chiles needs to think about his NFL future. He may well turn into a great college QB but he has first round NFL talent at WR or H-back with some of his moves running with the ball. The #1 offensive playmaker on the team shouldn't be on the bench as a #2 QB for the next two years.

The issue here as well is Gilbert's dad a former NFL QB as well wanted a promise that his son would be the only QB taken in the class. Not sure why since Gilbert looks better then any QB in the country to these eyes.

Chiles needs to think about his NFL future. He may well turn into a great college QB but he has first round NFL talent at WR or H-back with some of his moves running with the ball. The #1 offensive playmaker on the team shouldn't be on the bench as a #2 QB for the next two years.
It was silly imo for the coaching staff to promise Gilbert that he would be the only QB taken in the class. As if Gilbert was gonna go somewhere else other than UT.

If we end up taking Emory Blake it could be good or bad. Cuz it could mean we're closing the door on taking RS as a WR and not be recruiting him anymore at all, or it could mean we're now recruiting RS as a QB and Blake gets to have the available WR spot in the class.

yes, most if not all of this is true. Sherrod had a lot of trouble deciding, even told a friend of mine he knows he's not gonna play professionally so why not stay at a place he loved where he could get a good education, but I think he would be better served transferring. As for Kinne, everything tells me he's gone if he hasn't already left for sure, but Chiles is supposedly going to get 35% of snaps this year, which is nice for our running game with whatever RB situation we have. I am NOT a big fan of Colt McCoy, but Foswhitt Whitaker/Vondrelle McGee/Chris Ogbonnaya don't really make me excited for this upcoming season.

...on the other hand, at least the stadium's got a horseshoe now

yes, most if not all of this is true. Sherrod had a lot of trouble deciding, even told a friend of mine he knows he's not gonna play professionally so why not stay at a place he loved where he could get a good education, but I think he would be better served transferring. As for Kinne, everything tells me he's gone if he hasn't already left for sure, but Chiles is supposedly going to get 35% of snaps this year, which is nice for our running game with whatever RB situation we have. I am NOT a big fan of Colt McCoy, but Foswhitt Whitaker/Vondrelle McGee/Chris Ogbonnaya don't really make me excited for this upcoming season.

...on the other hand, at least the stadium's got a horseshoe now
Get with it man, Kinne transferred weeks ago. Harris is staying... at least thats what Facebook tells me.

Kinne is going to La. Tech. Or at least I think that is the school he choose...

He would've never played at Texas regardless.

Get with it man, Kinne transferred weeks ago. Harris is staying... at least thats what Facebook tells me.

Shoot me for not knowing for sure whether Kinne left or not, but all i'm doing is quoting a friend of mine who knows Sherrod from football camps.

Kinne is going to La. Tech. Or at least I think that is the school he choose...

He would've never played at Texas regardless.

Never saw the correction from Horn, so I'll post it.

Kinne is transferring to Tulsa. Officially announced.

He'll be a good fit after sitting out a year in 2008. That's a good offensive system for him. Kid has a cannon and playing against lesser competition in CUSA will help.

Back