Shark's Week 15

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
NFL 79-67-1

San Fran + 6 1/2 @ Miami....If San Fran plays Miami like they played NYJ, they will win outright. Miami seems to play to the level of their competition. I'm hoping they pull the unprobable and win their division but they have to get through these "easy" games first. Well, it won't be so easy against an inspired SF team that has found new life under their new coach. I am hoping for a Miami win without the cover.

Pittsburgh ML +130
Piitsburgh/Baltimore OVER 34

NYG/Dallas OVER 46

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta -3

Good Luck my friends :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
NFL 79-67-1

San Fran + 6 1/2 @ Miami....I am hoping for a Miami win without the cover.

Good Luck my friends :cheers::cheers::cheers:

You want the possible of Im-possible !

:36_11_6:

Like all the plays - let's cash em !

:cheers:

You want the possible of Im-possible !

:36_11_6:

Like all the plays - let's cash em !

LOL, I thought that was funny too JoJo. The thing is, Miami will win this game by a fieldgoal. In which case I will have my cake and eat it too. ;)

GL today Spanish - I hope we can both win on the mIami game, opp you in Balt, with you in Atl

Bol

GL Shark. On Miami big playing the west coast to east coast for a 100 game. I know they are playing great D since Singletary took over but I am going to play the trend and Miami needs this one as motivation.
Like Balty over Pitt in this one. Pitt D against rookie QB will be tough but Pitt got lucky last week and I think Balty wins this one by 6.
Like Atl and NYG. I think the turmoil we saw last week in NYG land will motivate them this week and is a perfect buy low candidate. Now Dallas has that turmoil and I expect a very inspired NYG game. The only concerning trend is Dallas is in a must win and the big game for NYG is next week with Carolina for all the marbles. I expect though it being an NFC East game they know not too look ahead.

GL Shark. On Miami big playing the west coast to east coast for a 100 game. I know they are playing great D since Singletary took over but I am going to play the trend and Miami needs this one as motivation.

I agree, Miami needs it bad. My concern is that Miami plays like a fish out of water when they're at home. It always comes down to the last quarter and they always struggle against teams they should beat easily. Trust me when I tell you that I really want Miami to win, I just dont think they can cover the 7 points. Good luck today my man. :cheers:

Shark,
With you on all your picks except 49ers as much as I love then in this spot but I'm concerned that without Gore going this could lead to turnovers or the inability for them to move the ball. Just wondering if you were aware of this? BOL

Shark,
With you on all your picks except 49ers as much as I love then in this spot but I'm concerned that without Gore going this could lead to turnovers or the inability for them to move the ball. Just wondering if you were aware of this? BOL
Yes. I think Foster will do just fine but there is still a chance Gore plays.

Chrissy Mauck
December 10, 2008
gorejetssuba.jpg

Running back Frank Gore won’t practice on Wednesday after suffering an ankle sprain in the win over the Jets. The Miami native will likely be kept off his feet for the next day at least as head coach Mike Singletary expects it to be a game time decision for his star running back.

“I was a bit nervous on Monday because it was pretty swollen but it’s been a whole lot better the last two days,” said Gore. “I’m just taking it one day at a time and it’s getting better each day, and I’m hoping I’ll be okay.”

In four years with the 49ers, Gore has never had the opportunity to play back home in Miami.

“I’ve got a lot of family back there and they’ve never gotten to see me play an NFL game. My son has been talking about this game since day one when we saw it on the schedule,” said Gore. “To get a little injury right before this game is tough.”

“I don’t like not practicing,” continued Gore. “I know the guys know how much I love the game and how serious I take practice during the week so it’s frustrating not to get to go today. I love practicing because I get a feeling for the game, and the defense I’ll face, so I’m frustrated. But, I’ll keep doing what I can to get better so that I can play back home in front of everyone.”

That, along with the fact that he needs only 22 rushing yards to get over the 1,000-yard rushing mark, something he’d love to do in front of his family will be added incentive for Gore to suit up for Sunday’s contest against the Dolphins.

“Obviously Frank has been looking forward to this game and being able to go home and play in front of all his family and friends,” said quarterback Shaun Hill. “When you’re an East Coast guy and you play on the West Coast, it’s harder for a lot of fans to come out and see you, so this is kind of their chance to come out and see him. I know he’s looking forward to it. I know if any way possible he’s going to be out there.”

It’s part of Gore’s makeup to play hurt, as he demonstrated last season when he played in nine out of ten games after suffering a high ankle sprain. There were a few times when it looked like Gore was down for the count, but he finished out the year with 1,102 rushing yards.

“I know he’s frustrated right now, but the thing about Frank is he’s always going to fight,” said running back Michael Robinson. “He’s always going to try his best to be at 100 percent on Sunday. What people don’t realize is 60 or 70 percent of Frank is still a lot better than a lot of running backs in the National Football League. Hopefully, he’ll be up this week. As a fellow running back, we love to see him out there, but if we can’t go, we have to pick up the slack.”

Gore has no doubts that Robinson and his immediate backup DeShaun Foster will do exactly that.
“Michael started a game last year because of my ankle so he’ll be alright. He’s a smart player, and he’s very tough,” said Gore. “DeShaun has done it before. He’s been a starting running back in this league, and I know he’s fresh because I’ve been taking most of the reps. So, he’ll be ready to go.”

Foster is still pulling for Gore to get to go, but he definitely plans to be ready if his number is called.
“I’m excited to go,” said Foster. “I have to get in there and carry the load like Frank does. He’s a good back, so our offense kind of runs around him. I just want to keep it going and run hard.”
While Gore has been the heart and soul of the 49ers offense, the linemen responsible for paving the way in the run game plan to get behind his backups.

“Frank obviously means a lot with the production he’s brought to our team, not just in rushing, but he’s a receiving threat and a great blocker, and we’ll miss his production if he can’t go, but we expect those other guys to step in and do the job he does,” said tackle Joe Staley.

fostersubjets.jpg
If he does start on Sunday, Foster will be returning to a role that he has shouldered for most of his NFL career, having started 40 games in his six seasons with the Carolina Panthers.

“It’s something I’m excited about because anyone who plays this game wants the opportunity to compete,” said Foster. “Having the week of practice with the ones will help because I can get my timing together with the line and everything. I’m just looking forward to it. It’s a good opportunity for me to get out there and play and I plan to take full advantage of it.”

Foster played the majority of the second half of the Jets game, finishing with 35 yards on 16 carries in his most extensive action to date.

“DeShaun is a hard runner. He’s a big back and he gets those tough yards up the middle,” said Staley. “A lot of the times in this last game, the holes weren’t there and he was able to plow for 3, 4 yards every time. He’s also very good in pass protection and picking up the blitzes.”

Picking up the blitz and helping out in pass protection is imperative this week as the Dolphins like to create mismatches for outside linebacker Joey Porter, who threatens to take out the quarterback on every single down. With 16.5 sacks on the season, Porter stands as the NFL’s reigning pass rusher.

“We basically have to know where he’s at,” said Foster. “He’s one of those players that we have to know where he’s at on the field. Hopefully we can limit his touches on the quarterback and everything should go well for us. It’s going to be a combination of all of us. I’m going to have pick him up a couple of times, the o-line is going to have him, tight ends, just the overall offense has to do a good job on him.”

Most of that responsibility will fall to Staley and bookend tackle Adam Snyder. Both players look to see a lot of Porter, who lines up on either side, away from the tight end.

“Joey Porter is a very good player. He’s been in the league for awhile, playing at a high level for a long time. Being a Pittsburgh fan growing up, I got to watch him play a lot as a kid. I was a pretty big fan of his, so it’s going to be fun competing against him,” said Staley. “He’s real productive this year, has a lot of sacks, so I have to do a good job on him. He’s real active, uses his hands well, so Snyder and I will have to do a good job.”

Shark....in the late games I took Minn+4 :money2:....they need it bad since the Bears won on Thurs......I think Ari.....just coast in this game...I took a beating with the f....in Colts & their shitty defense....I hope Det beats their asses today....I have a teaser going with Jets-2 with Pitts+9 :money2:....God I hope I get these late ones.....:hang:

Last edited:
LOL, I thought that was funny too JoJo. The thing is, Miami will win this game by a fieldgoal. In which case I will have my cake and eat it too. ;)

I want my freaking cake. I WANT CAKE DAMN IT!!!!:36_11_6:
Wooooooooot baby. Miami wins , I win, we all win.

San Fran + 6 1/2 W
San Fran +7.........W

money;money;money;

Shark....in the late games I took Minn+4....they need it bad since the Bears won on Thurs......I think Ari.....just coast in this game...I took a beating with the f....in Colts & their shitty defense....I hope Det beats their asses today....I have a teaser going with Jets-2 with Pitts+9....God I hope I get these late ones.....:hang:

I think your teaser will cash. Good call. I just got home. I was at a sports bar and wached around 5 games at once. I have a major headache now...LOL Got lucky with those Jets didn't you. wheew. They almost blew it. But a W is a W :) :cheers:

:shake: good hit on sf...that was a close one...but shark can you help me out on
the dallas/giants total...i wanted to know if you can give some reasoning behind the over play you have. i wanted to do a 2 unit parlay for fun with cowboys + total but hard for me to decide

:shake: good hit on sf...that was a close one...but shark can you help me out on
the dallas/giants total...i wanted to know if you can give some reasoning behind the over play you have. i wanted to do a 2 unit parlay for fun with cowboys + total but hard for me to decide

Measy, when I do totals I punch in stats into an engine created by some nerdy friends of mine. More often than not it's pretty close. But if you want to analize it fairly close yourself you can take the last 10 games played by both teams and add up the scores to give you the total number of points allowed by each side and the total number of points scored by each side. Then devide by 10 (last 10 games).

The Giants have scored an average of 28.3 points per game and Dallas 21.6 = 49.9 points total per game

You can also say the Giants have given up an average of 18.3 points a game and Dallas 21.7 = 40 points total per game.

If you take the average number of points scored by the Giants per game (28.3) and add the average number of points allowed by Dallas (21.7) it equals 50

If you take the average number of points scored by Dallas per game(21.6) and add the average number of points allowed by the Giants (18.3) equals

Now add those 4 results up and devide by 4 and you get 44.95 points total on tonight's game. If you take other data such as injuries, QB stats, weather, etc. and combine it with this you can pretty much have an Under or Over idea.

I'm not real good at explaininng my crazy ways but they seem to work for me. Sorry if I confused you. Hope it works out for you tonight. I might add a side later. :cheers:

Thank you! Your not doing to bad yourself....I am glad you hit the S.F. WTG! :cheers:

I am leaning to Dal-3 & over parlay....not sure yet...will post later....GL my friend.

Update

San Fran + 6 1/2 @ Miami.........W
San Fran + 7............................W

Pittsburgh ML +130..................W.....Sweeeeeet
Piitsburgh/Baltimore OVER 34....L

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta -3 ...........PUSH

NYG/Dallas OVER 46.................PENDING

Adding
NYG +3

Thank you! Your not doing to bad yourself....I am glad you hit the S.F. WTG! :cheers:

I am leaning to Dal-3 & over parlay....not sure yet...will post later....GL my friend.

This one is going to be close, realclose. I like taking the points in those instances. I think a shoot out.

Ok after much thought....that's just it....to much thought you think Dallas....I am going with the better defense against a team that has alot internal troubles....so NYG+3:hang:

Update

Pittsburgh ML +130..................W

NYG/Dallas OVER 46.................L
NYG +3 @ Dallas.......................L

The Giants shit the bed on me last night. Screwing up the total and ofcourse, the side. Go figure. I'm terribly sorry for those that tailed that play last night.

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Interesting line on this game tonight. With the line at 16 I'm thinking that's too many points. Cleveland is bad but they have not lost a single game all season by more than 10 points with the exception of Tennessee last week. Also, half of all their wins came on a Monday Night. I know Philly needs this win and the Browns are just going through the motions right now but I fail to see how they are just gonna lay down and get clobbered on National TV tonight. I'm thinking the Browns will score 14 points tonight to Philly's 28. Who knows, maybe they'll even pull up the upset of the year. What the heck, they did beat Buffalo and NYG on a Monday Night this year!! I have to take the points here. I cannot lay 16 points with Philly. Sorry Philly fans. Don't take it personal but it IS the NFL. Too many points.
Fade at will guys. I'm going on a limb here.

Cleveland +16 @ Philadelphia

Good Luck Guys :cheers::cheers:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

bol tonight, im just gona go with the under tonight. i do think browns cover but dont trust dorsey, i think eagles win by 13 or so in a slow game

Measy. I wish you the best luck tonight. I know I swayed you and Free on last night's game and it turned out to be a debacle by the Giants. I hope you cash tonight.:shake:

Eagles-Browns pregame report

by Nick Fierro Monday December 15, 2008, 7:18 PM

The Eagles have just released their inactive list for tonight's game against the Cleveland Browns and running back Lorenzo Booker is back on it along with wide receiver Reggie Brown.
What this essentially means is that backup fullback Kyle Eckel has moved ahead of Booker as the third-team running back and that Brown's days with the Eagles could be numbered, despite signing a lucrative contract extension two seasons ago.
Also inactive for the Eagles are LB Joe Mays, DE Bryan Smith, T Chris Patrick, G Shawn Andrews, TE Matt Schobel and No. 3 QB A.J. Feeley.
Browns scratches are CB Travis Daniels, RB Jerome Harrison, S Hamza Abdullah, LB Kris Griffin, LB Beau Bell, OL Scott Young, TE Kellen Winslow and DL Santonio Thomas.

Update NFL 82-71-1

Pittsburgh ML +130..................W

NYG/Dallas OVER 46.................L
NYG +3 @ Dallas.......................L

Cleveland +16 @ Philadelphia......L Is this Brown enough?:crap_on_face:

Night games killed me this week.

Stay strong, Shark. You had some really good calls this week. We were all sort of saps for not buying off that -3 in Atlanta, although, given the way that first half went, we should have won that game by 14.

Back