Shark's Superbowl 2013

Did Ray use PEDs??? Oh no here we go again. I still like San Fran

Trends:
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baltimore's last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baltimore's last 6 games when playing San Francisco
The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Francisco's last 5 games
San Francisco is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Baltimore

One of the main reasons I'm going with the Ravens is that they are carrying alot of good momentum going into this game. They were the underdogs that managed to play with more heart, leaving it all on the field. These guys want it. Not saying SF doesn't, of course they do, any team wants this, but there is just something different about these Ravens. They are still disrespected, they know it, and it makes them play even harder. I also like Flacco over Kaepernick in a game of this magnitude. Experience counts tremendously when it comes to Quarterbacks in the Big Game. Ray Lewis' experience will go a long way in getting his defense prepared for this game. His motivation and will to win will rub off on these guys.

"Ray Lewis is a guy who has been here since the beginning of this franchise," says Baltimore safety
BERNARD POLLARD. "He’s a guy who is ‘The Raven.’ We all respect him. When he speaks, everybody stops, everybody hears him. He’s kept the team together. He’s kept this organization together in so many ways. We’re all in this together. We want to go win this thing."

They know that if they could do it to Brady in his own house, they sure as hell can do it to a rookie QB 2 fold. I see no quitting. Reminds me of those Steelers in 2009 when they were on the road during most of the playoffs as underdogs and managed to go all the way and win Super Bowl XLIII. They played with a ton of heart and faught every step of the way. These Ravens are almost a carbon copy. What makes this game hard to cap as far as numbers go is Flacco. When you throw the ball as far as you can, in the general area of your receivers, and you expect them to go up for the ball and come down with it....that is just insane probabilities and randomness, but time after time his receivers come down with the ball for completions. How do you cap that? I don't expect him to stop doing it here. Chances are they will come down with the ball more often than not. Atleast I'm hoping so.

Good luck to all of you which ever way you play it. I think we will see a good, hard faught game. My predicted score is: 24-17 RAVENS

Ravens shaping up to be a very public dog play here Sharky. Seems to me like the team that is being disreected in this game is the niners. If you take a peek over across the street just about every thread is taking the ravens. I really have not decided just yet but if I can get a 3 with a decent price I will probably be on the other side of this one.

Say what? Who's calling who Chalky? LOL Laying the points huh? Health to you brother. I'm riding the wave, you know, like sharks do :)

;) god has to lay tha points when tha squares are on tha dog in tha big game. Jus like pack steez bowl few years ago

Ravens shaping up to be a very public dog play here Sharky

The niners have gotten a ton of action in the past two days. Ravens aren't as big of a public dog as before. But the line is still odd to me. That and the fact the past few Super Bowls have alternated fav/dog

The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baltimore's last 6 games when playing San Francisco

Not questioning your pick man, you've had a great season, but how far back would you have to go in a time machine to the first of 6 games they played one another? That trend is fairly irrelevent.

GL man.

Not questioning your pick man, you've had a great season, but how far back would you have to go in a time machine to the first of 6 games they played one another? That trend is fairly irrelevent.

GL man.
A trend is a trend is a trend. :)

recap:

Baltimore Ravens +3.5
Under 47
Parlay- Ravens +3.5 Under 47

Risk 300.00 to win 780.00
San Fran TT Under 26 (-105)
Ravens +10.5 Under 54

Oh, and another reason to like the under (not to make the case against my own bet).

Balty on the road this year was shit at hitting totals. I know because I lost on them more than once. It's not just the trend that they are playing to unders recently, it's that the whole year they haven't been strong toward overs away from home.

And, you know, if Joe has to lose his total bet, at least the Shark wins so it's not the single worst thing in the world. Still, you know, go Ravens, go points.

IDK how this game goes under at all, especially how both offenses are rolling and both defense are shaky.

Baltimore Ravens +3.5...........................W
Ravens ML (+160)..................................W
Under 47.................................................L
Parlay- Ravens +3.5 Under 47................L

Risk 300.00 to win 780.00
San Fran TT Under 26 (-105)..................L
Ravens +10.5 Under 54..........................L

I knew all my bets involving totals were done when SF scored 14 points in 2 minutes in the 2nd half. Oh well. It is what it is. Thank God for that ML bet. I'm kinda down now that I know football is over. Damn, it seems like such a long time before it's back. Guess I'll be tailing some of you in hoops just to take some action. It's been quite an awesome season mingling with you guys. Until next season, stay safe my friends, and good luck with the rest. :shake:

Back