• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Shark's Super Bowl Pick 2009

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
No long write-ups since everything has been said about each team probably 1000 times in some very good threads in here. Arguments can be said for both sides. However, I have a gut wrenching feeling that the Steelers will cover here. There is waaay too much love for the underdog in this game. Regardless of what some of you have posted, I truly believe that a good defense beats a good offense. The proof will be in the pudding when the Steelers take Fitzgerald and Warner out of the equation on Sunday. The Steelers have stayed low keyed throughout the week here in Tampa. Something is up their sleeves and I cant wait to see it. What kind of game plan could they have knowing that Ken Whisenhunt knows their offense? I'm taking Steelers laying less than 7.

Good luck guys. It's been one hell of a season. :cheers:

Steelers -6 1/2 vs Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII

money;money;money;

With you on this...also took them -.5 in the first and third quarters for some extra SB action.

I have enjoyed your NFL picks and thoughts this year. See you next year, as I am not really around much outside of football season.

Good luck.

I agree and feel it's a mismatch. We might see a lo[sided Super Bowl because everyone will be waiting to see Fitz and Warner light it up only to have the Steelers D. shut it down by keeping Warner on his ass.

Shark you say your taking Pitt laying less then 7. What would you do if you can only get 7 & not 6 or 6.5? I would think a teaser & if so do you go Pitt-3.5 with overs or unders?:confused:

Shark you say your taking Pitt laying less then 7. What would you do if you can only get 7 & not 6 or 6.5? I would think a teaser & if so do you go Pitt-3.5 with overs or unders?:confused:
Free...If you want to play a teaser do a 6 point teaser. If your bookie gives you Pitt -7 and 46 1/2 for a total then you would have Pitt -1 and I would do Under 52 1/2. If Pitt covers the 7 you know it will probably be a low scoring game due to Pitt making it hard for Warner to burn them.

Good luck hon. :cheers::cheers:

:cheers:

Be ridin that -6.5 with ya ...also Melwede Moore over 12.5 rec yards, he`s been kinda quit since willie came back and with Hines questionable health Melwelde could be a good 3rd down option

:cheers:

Be ridin that -6.5 with ya ...also Melwede Moore over 12.5 rec yards, he`s been kinda quit since willie came back and with Hines questionable health Melwelde could be a good 3rd down option

Moore has ankle injury: The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports Tuesday that RB Mewelde Moore, who left the AFC Championship Game against Baltimore with an ankle injury, attended meetings Monday and walked around without any kind of support or protective boot.
(Updated 01/20/2009).

Didn't know if you knew this. Lets get the wins bud.:cheers:

I'm starting to worry that the Steelers cover as well. Argh.
Joe, if Arizona doesnt come through for you I know you will get the props. You only have a small play on Zona right? You might be on to something. Prop bets might be the way to go on this Superbowl.

GLT.....I am riding the Cards today so may the best man or women win! GL with you play & let's enjoy the game....:cheers:

Thank you for the good wishes guys. I'm starting to get into the feeling a little bit now. I just didn't feel the Super Bowl excitement this year. I was starting to think that the refs didn't do enough to have 2 more deserving teams in the Super Bowl. :36_11_6::36_11_6:Immagine that!!

I am sorry you were on the worng side my friend.....I hope you hit some of those props....thank you for the good plays all year...you are a great capper....I will miss you guys now that pro football is over....good luck in whatever you do......:cheers: I will keep in touch via e-mail....

Back