Sharapova

handy

Pretty much a regular
Well what else can I say but this was the most messed up line I've seen in a long time on a number one seed in a semifinal match. The public fell in love with Clijsters for no apparent reason. Sharapova should kick the crap out of Serena Williams and you know what the line isn't going to be that high. Serena will be a public underdog darling but I simply flat out don't see her standing much of a chance vs. Sharapova.

Life is dandy being a capper named Handy!!

did you hedge some of your 6:1 bet on Clijsters against Sharapova?

Handyland,

Books agree with you on Masha. They priced her at -235 on 5 Dimes. Staggering. If the public watched her just destroy Clijsters like that, Masha will get some backers tomorrow, but no one will be going hog wild at -235.

Serena.....I don't know what she can do except hit hard, serve hard, and pray she tags all the lines.

One thing about a Sereba/Masha match.....nerither of those 2 is scared of a grand slam stage. Both will go for winners at all times, no matter the score. Besides JHH, those 2 are the toughest mentally in crucial points. Venus is up there, too.

claycourtlesson whats your thoughts on Gonzalez and Sharapova parlay?

Well what else can I say but this was the most messed up line I've seen in a long time on a number one seed in a semifinal match. The public fell in love with Clijsters for no apparent reason. Sharapova should kick the crap out of Serena Williams and you know what the line isn't going to be that high. Serena will be a public underdog darling but I simply flat out don't see her standing much of a chance vs. Sharapova.

Life is dandy being a capper named Handy!!

With that statement it clearly indicates you have not watched a lot of tennis.

I agree with you Handy.

If Sharapova, the clear no. 1. player on hard court (especially with JHH out) cann't beat Serena, that would be ugly. Serena is playing well, but Maria is not in the sam class with her other opponents. Sharapova played well against Kim in the semi, but she was still not in her best shape. Ans she still managed to beat the 4th ranked player, a home favourit easily. I watched the match, and if Clijsters would break Maria 6th time in the 1st set, the Russian would rebreak 6th times. She is so strong mentally, put her mind right on to the match, especially with the match on the line or important points coming up. She made some easy mistakes in the previous rounds, but which women didn't? She has to serve over 60% and she has to cut the number of the double faults. That was the only issue with her i think so far. I understand she didn't want to give some easy balls for an aggresive player like Kim, so she was trying to serve not too weak even on second serves. But hit double faults on break points is not too wise. She must find the balance with those second serves.

Basically, i think Maria is at least as aggresive as Williams. But on the long rallies, the Russians should have an edge. Serena seems quite fit, i agree with that. But i think she is not as fit as her opponent. One thing is clear, Serena is very, very motivated. She wants to prove everybody wrong who doubted her return, and she is going on a good way to that. But Sharapova has revevenge on her mind after the heartbreaking loss in the 2005 AO semi-final against Serena. She won the first set 6-2, lost the other two 5-7 and 6-8. She could easily win that match and she knows it exactly. It seemed for a time that Sharapova is falling apart in the semi-finals, but last year she came through at the US Open and here she beats Clijsters easily. She is as confident as she would ever be.

I think if Maria will be on her game right from the start, she will beat Serena in straight sets, someting like 6-3, 6-4. If he won't, it could be an interesting match, but i think Sharapova would still pull the trigger and win the trophy, her 3rd major.

Serena wins this.. she will show what only a few athletes have, amazing will power to capatilize in the biggest of opportunities. ( Federer , Tiger , Jordan)

I do not know how Sharapova has this much of an edge. The fact that she has played shit tennis and gotten through doesn't show anything. Sharapova even though Sharapova won 4 and 2 against Clijsters she was fortunate that she didn't get broken. Look at how Williams played against Vaidisova, when she got broken in the first game, i thought fuck, but you know what, she was saving something up, she didn't use her energy the first few sets, when you finally hard her grunt that's when game was on. Sharapova is trying to hard to cut down her squeeling and in the past she has noted that it has effected her game tremendously. Williams has nothing to lose but is playing for pride, her sister and for the underdog. PLaying only 4 TOURNAMENTS all of last year who would of thought Miss Williams would get this far. I for one had doubted her and thought Shahar Peer or even Jankovic would knock her out, but thus i was proven wrong. Sharapova has got to be the worse #1 tennis player i have ever watched. All she does is play with power...that's great, show something else. Now she's playing Williams who has MORE power and probably the best serve in the Tournament.

No doubt Mike.. at least you admitted like a man that you were wrong when about doutin serena in this tourney. She has played herself into match shape. Sharapova is long and gets to almost everything. Its good for tennis that these 2 are in the finals.

The Underdog vs the Princess. Yeah so Sharapova beat Willams on GRASS. This is hardcourt. Big difference. WE're going to see an interesting match. I think Williams will come out with the same game plan, test out Sharapova and see what she's got and then strike through the middle of the game.

Serena wins this.. she will show what only a few athletes have, amazing will power to capatilize in the biggest of opportunities. ( Federer , Tiger , Jordan)
:cheers:

:bow: too easy

Great Call Pimpin:shake:...That was absoloutely amazing she completely dominated and looked untouchable tonight...That was so much fun to watch

Back