shanghai masters + wta treats

theking

Pretty much a regular
speaking of treats...Camila Giorgi might take a run at this tournament title in Linz, Austria...

I like her to beat Flipkens today, their match begins in about 4 hours. Flipper has complained off knee pain and is looking more forward to the end of the season than she is to playing the up-and-coming Giorgi. Flipkens just took on Vekic yesterday, winning in 3 sets.

This match sets up in strange fashion...Giorgi just beat Julia Georges yesterday, a player who beat Flipkens in semi-finals of the 2012 Linz event. Flipkens had just beat Ivanovic for her 11th win in a row, a streak that included a WTA title in Quebec. None of this really matters I just found it intersting.

So basically, after Giorgi beats Flipkens tonight she will have beaten TWO of last years semi-finalists.

One thing to keep in mind is that Flipkens is #19 ranked in the world with a +111 price on her for this match, the value may very well be on her to beat beat the 105th ranked italian.

Giorgi ML (-119) $138 to win $112.20

good luck good luck

For tomorrows matches. Raonic is a must win for him to make London

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRowBot, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: linesHeader, bgcolor: #C6D2DB, colspan: 3"]ATP Tennis[/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader, bgcolor: #C6D2DB"] [/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader, bgcolor: #C6D2DB"]Money Line[/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader, bgcolor: #C6D2DB"] [/TH]
[TH="class: linesHeader, bgcolor: #C6D2DB, colspan: 2"] [/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesSubHeader, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Shanghai Rolex Masters - Shanghai, China</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]
[TD]Thu 10/10[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]107 Gael Monfils[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +225 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]
[TD]3:15AM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]108 Roger Federer[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -265 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Thu 10/10[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]113 David Ferrer[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_1" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -335 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]3:30AM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]114 Florian Mayer[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_1" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +275 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Thu 10/10[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]119 Kei Nishikori[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +160 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2:00AM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]120 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_2" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -185 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Thu 10/10[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]125 Juan Martin del Potro[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -190 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2:00AM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]126 Tommy Haas[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_3" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +165 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Thu 10/10[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]137 Stanislas Wawrinka[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_4" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +105 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4:45AM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]138 Milos Raonic[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_4" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -125 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Thu 10/10[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]101 Novak Djokovic[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_5" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -3000 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]6:00AM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]102 Fabio Fognini[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_5" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +1500 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Thu 10/10[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]131 Nicolas Almagro[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_6" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +235 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]6:00AM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]132 Tomas Berdych[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_6" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -275 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Thu 10/10[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]143 Carlos Berlocq[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_7" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +1500 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]8:00AM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]144 Rafael Nadal[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_7" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -3000

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Flipper showed up and destroyed my hope of Giorgi coming through...that hurts.

Raonic vs. Stan has London implications for both players... I think Wawrinka will beat Raonic, but I'm looking at the over in this one which is lined at 25.5 (-105)... 24.5 (-120) would be worth the extra 15 cents in my book as I don't see either player giving up much room on their serve.

Yesterday was rough for me with that loss... I had one play I had wanted to get in but pinnacle was doing maintenance. I liked Nara over Puig and might have put 20 on Berlocq over Isner....Of course Nara beats Puig which would of offset the Giorgi loss. I might get down on Saurez Navarro pretty heavy in the QF which goes off Friday.

Oh of course HUNT never worry about anything of that matter with me! this is the thread to throw all the tennis bullshit in, as you can see I've done that with my last few picks...

Been insanely bad in tennis over my Last 15....

Looking to turn this horseshit around with my next wager.

Wawa has played GREAT tennis when he has had to this season...playing the best of his career imo, maybe not this weekend but when he has had some amazing performances this year. Raonic has too, but more so as of late...Raonic had rough go around Wimbeldon, took some time off and has come back in better shape/form.

Oh of course HUNT never worry about anything of that matter with me! this is the thread to throw all the tennis bullshit in, as you can see I've done that with my last few picks...

Been insanely bad in tennis over my Last 15....

Looking to turn this horseshit around with my next wager.

Wawa has played GREAT tennis when he has had to this season...playing the best of his career imo, maybe not this weekend but when he has had some amazing performances this year. Raonic has too, but more so as of late...Raonic had rough go around Wimbeldon, took some time off and has come back in better shape/form.

Thank you sir. I hope you kill it. Tennis is no joke. You can't parlay the big faves anymore like before..the playing field is very level at least in men's..unless you're joker and nadal. Women's too, unless you it's serena.

We did have good discussion in mlb. Gator was all over monfils.

Last night had some nice dogs hit in mens...I really wish I didn't sleep (literally, I fell asleep once Nishikori gave that 1st set break back to Tsonga...) on the card. Monfils was a nice read. I doubt I would have been on Almagro or Wawa but I might have faded that pussy Berdych. I might play Wawa tonight, but Nadal has a sick ATP Masters record so its hard to say if he allow himself to lose this one.

In womens I'm looking at Saurez Navarro... still dont like Flipkens in Austria and Saurez won't piss it away like Giorgi did.

Men's card looks rough tonight... Mayer vs. Tsonga? Tsonga doesn't look that good right now but he is coming around...I've liked Mayer's game all season but he is 0-3 H2H vs. Tsonga but did play him closely not too long ago. I might have a small play on Mayer...Nishikori was able to get Tsonga in some uncomfortable service games in that 1st set but was only able to capitalize on that 1 break point early. I'm going to take a stab at this one...

Mayer ML (+256) $30 to win $76.80

Last edited:
Mayer is a god damn goof lol. He is playing around with the ball before he serves and then he fucks up 2 easy shots before being broke.. Tsonga ain't losing this one...

Also think I'm didn't give Tsonga enough credit.. he is moving pretty well.

Perfect drop shot by Mayer but Tsonga got the wheels going and still made it

Maybe Mayer gets a bit of flow in his game and builds some confidence but hes going to need a break of serve here to really keep himself alive.

Mayer with a solid hold of serve...really keeps you guessing with his shot selection. hit a few dirty slices that game. Finally picked up one of Tsonga's serves with a nice winner on the return...games are moving along pretty quick. Mayer will likely get broken here and then Tsonga will serve it out. Both men will shake hands and go home happy.

Last edited:
Mayer with 3 break points, none of which would have helped him with this set or match but I mean come on...Tsonga gifts you the break points with two double faults. Mayer doesn't even attempt to get the match point, pretty pathetic. Tsonga looks much better than he did yesterday...might spy him for an upset on Djokovic tomorrow.

Suarez-Navarro ML (-126) $97 to win $77

not a fan of the rest of the card tonight so going to watch some sopranos then sleep...been a long week. Cheers fellas, good luck

Damn sorry king, i was hard on Tsonga -4. That win jumped him ahead of Gasquet in this years rankings for him to have the edge for the last spot in London

Pisses me off, holding serve at 3-4 in tiebreak, Stan makes a great serve and Nadal barely can return it and its called out. Challenges it and its IN by a mile, next serve Nadal gets a good return and wins the point.

no worries man I had a little on Tsonga -6.5 live after the end of the 1st set.

sorry about wawa man, must have been an entertaining tie breaker

pinny offering o/u 25 live...they must really like Rafa 2nd set

$28 on Potro to win 2nd set (+149) / (+160) . pays out 42ish.

wow incredible point...called for another post. Shanghai crowd couldn't contain their excitement either!

another great point...del potro really coming up huge in this match with some awesome shots. it seems that whoever gets the most depth on their shot is really putting the other guy at a disadvantage...

pressures on now for both players

that over/under is now at 18 after the potro break

idiot chair umpire.... there have been 2 missed calls for nadal, one of which would have resulted in a break for him in the first set.

now the baseline ump calls a del potro shot out that was on the INSIDE of the baseline.....chair didnt even overrule, called game nadal. Potro was already wiping off with his towel getting ready for deuce. 3 points after its game potro, 3-1 2nd set

potro with another sick forehand winner down the line on the run...saw him hit over half a dozen of those cock suckers vs. raonic, such a clutch shot for potro

Last edited:
haha yeah it's amazing how some will point out equipment as the issue.
Think the other players are just stepping up their game just like golfers did vs Tiger.
He's not feared anymore, he's a broken legend. He needs to make sure he retires at some point of a high because this is becoming really depressing.

Back