Settle this dispute

Marlo

Check out my DAD BOD
A buddy of mine is a die hard packer fan. If Farve comes back, he said they will trade Aaron Rodgers.

He thinks they can get a 1st or early 2nd round pick for him.

I say 3rd or 4th if your lucky.

Your correct in my estimation

This is a situation that doesn't end well imo.

Favre has maybe another year left in the tank. The Packers need to move on. Its obvious they are hesitant about this news. I doubt Rogers gets traded fwiw.

I do a 3rd rounder for Rodgers without thinking. Kid was drafted in the 1st. Gimme that 2 rounds of value.

No doubt in my mind that Aaron Rodgers is worth at least a 2nd & 4th rounder if he was traded right now. I wouldn't give him up for under a 1st rounder if I was Teddy T

No doubt in my mind that Aaron Rodgers is worth at least a 2nd & 4th rounder if he was traded right now. I wouldn't give him up for under a 1st rounder if I was Teddy T

Fondy

If Farve came back and assuming Rodgers demanded a trade. You Honestly think GB could get a 2nd and 4th round pick for him

I agree with Dwight, move on as a team and if Favre wants to play another year trade him and make your team better........

Favre needs to retire to his mansion in Hattiesburg, MS, and quit riding the fence.

Rodgers = 3rd round pick in a trade. The guy is unproven, so thinking that he can fetch a 1st round pick in a trade cannot be justified by any stretch of the imagination.

Favre needs to retire to his mansion in Hattiesburg, MS, and quit riding the fence.

Rodgers = 3rd round pick in a trade. The guy is unproven, so thinking that he can fetch a 1st round pick in a trade cannot be justified by any stretch of the imagination.

Disagree completely. He was a first round pick, everything shows he belonged as a first round pick, he learned for 3 seasons and he's ready to step in. I see Favre traded before Rodgers... but we'll have to see things play out... Brian Brohm GB QB of the future.

Disagree completely. He was a first round pick, everything shows he belonged as a first round pick, he learned for 3 seasons and he's ready to step in. I see Favre traded before Rodgers... but we'll have to see things play out... Brian Brohm GB QB of the future.

You think Favre would come back if he knew he was gonna be traded? NOT.

He was a first round pick, everything shows he belonged as a first round pick...

I agree that learning for 3 yrs under Favre is a plus to his resume, but what shows that he belonged as a first round pick? He may show that in the years to come, but because he had success in the Pac10 does not make him deserving. Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, ... all highly touted out of college, all busts. Only time will tell with Rodgers, but I say second round at most in a trade.

Rodgers has potential, he doesnt have production. Qbs in the NFL with that are a dime a dozen.

He is completely unproven, besides maybe the preseason, but pick your person here @ CTG and they could shine in the bogus preseason.

With the way draft picks are coveted in the NFL these days I just can't see him going for a 1st, maybe a reach for a 2nd, but could see it for a 3rd or a 4th.

I just dont see what team would trade for him. Many teams that lack a QB have projects of there own.

With the way draft picks are coveted in the NFL these days

... and I don't get it. Would you rather an unproven college kid available in the fourth round or Jonathan Vilma? The Saints gave up a 2008 fourth-round pick and a conditional 2009 pick for Vilma (playing time incentive; likely to be a third or fourth round in '09). To me this is a no-brainer; I would take the proven player rather than a speculative draft pick. Then again, I am not a coach in the NFL.

... and I don't get it. Would you rather an unproven college kid available in the fourth round or Jonathan Vilma? The Saints gave up a 2008 fourth-round pick and a conditional 2009 pick for Vilma (playing time incentive; likely to be a third or fourth round in '09). To me this is a no-brainer; I would take the proven player rather than a speculative draft pick. Then again, I am not a coach in the NFL.

:shake:

Rodgers is more than a project; I'll concede he's a bit unproven, but a project implies he still needs a couple years of honing his skills before he's ready to play. I don't think that is the case at all. His situation is no different than when Philip Rivers stepped in for the Chargers after sitting behind Brees for two years. The Chargers were so sure of Rivers, they actually traded a top 10 quarterback to make room for him. Sure, this is a little different in the fact that GB's hand was actually forced by Favre's retirement, but if they had any doubts about Rodgers ability in the last 3 years, they would have made a strong move to get another QB...besides a rookie liek Brohm anyways. GB didn't hold onto him for the last 4 years to dump him for a 3rd round pick; they kept him to be their starting QB. Sorry...but I'm pretty sure the GB front office, with a solid track record, probably knows a little more about his abilities...comparing it to Leaf, Schuler, Smith...that is such a stretch...I can't remember any of those guys having a single game like Rodgers did against Dallas last year.

Is Favre talking comeback? Or not?

Packers mum, but former QB was 'wishy-washy' about retirement, sources say

By Rob Demovsky • rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com • July 3, 2008
<script language="JavaScript1.2"> function NewWindow(height,width,url) {window.open(url,"ShowProdWindow","menubars=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,height="+height+",width="+width); } </script>
Brett Favre's apparent desire to return to the NFL shouldn't come as a major surprise considering what has transpired over the last five months.

<noscript></noscript>Although Green Bay Packers spokesman Jeff Blumb said "the Packers have no reaction" to ESPN's report that Favre has an "itch" to come out of retirement and play for the team again, multiple sources confirmed to the Green Bay Press-Gazette that Favre has inquired about returning to the Packers.
According to sources, Favre was wishy-washy about retiring in the weeks following the Packers' loss to the New York Giants in the NFC championship game. Like the previous two offseasons, Favre told coach Mike McCarthy and General Manager Ted Thompson that he was thinking about quitting. The two previous years, McCarthy or Thompson — and sometimes both — made strong attempts to talk Favre out of it.
This year, things were different, according to sources. Thompson hardly communicated with Favre in the offseason, which upset Favre, but McCarthy maintained regular contact with him. In March, when Favre told the Packers he was planning to quit, they made little or no effort to talk him out of it. So on March 4, he announced his retirement and two days later held a tearful farewell news conference at Lambeau Field.
However, doubt about his decision persisted. Thompson visited Favre at his Hattiesburg, Miss., home in May and, according to sources, Favre would have un-retired at that point had Thompson asked him to come back. But Thompson never broached the subject with him.
About two weeks ago, Favre called McCarthy to express his desire to return, but Favre was rebuffed. The Packers are reluctant to take Favre back for several reasons: They're concerned how it would affect Aaron Rodgers, Favre's replacement. They have already gone through an entire offseason preparing Rodgers, and they've adjusted the offense to suit his strengths.
All offseason, the Packers have done everything possible to try to move on from the Favre era. They chose the regular-season opener on Sept. 8 against Minnesota to retire his jersey. Time and again, McCarthy and Thompson have publicly backed Rodgers as their starting quarterback.
According to another source, Favre's agent, Bus Cook, made repeated attempts to contact Thompson in the last few weeks, but Thompson did not return his calls. Cook did not return a message left at his office on Wednesday but told ESPN, "As far I know, right now, Brett Favre is retired and until he tells me something different, that's what it is."
Both McCarthy and Thompson were on vacation and could not be reached.
If Favre continues to express a desire to play and the Packers don't change their stance, it's unclear how strongly Favre would push for the team to trade him or release him. Favre is currently on the reserve-retired list. He is under contract through 2010, meaning the Packers would retain his rights for three seasons at the point in which he decided to return. ESPN reported that Favre could force the Packers to reinstate him by simply writing a letter asking for his active status to be restored. At that point, the team would have to comply or release him.
Favre's only response on Wednesday was a brief text message to the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun-Herald. When asked by the paper about the report about him wanting to return, Favre said, "It's all rumor." When asked about a possible media firestorm, Favre said, "No reason for it."
Packers cornerback Al Harris told ESPN that, "I've talked to Brett, and I know he has the itch to come back and play. If he will or not, I don't know. But I know he's feeling (like) he wants to play."
One of Favre's best friends from his playing days, former Packers center Frank Winters, said he spoke to Favre on Wednesday morning but claimed Favre made no mention of a possible return. When asked if he would be surprised if Favre decided to come back, Winters said: "Nothing surprises me in professional sports."
"Look at Michael Jordan," Winters continued. "He's taken a couple, three or four years (off), and came back. You never know. He may get bored with what he's doing. He may come back. He may not. He may just say, 'You know what, enough's enough. I just want to hang out and relax.' Last I talked to him, right now, it seems like he's had enough, and he's done and he's just going to sit back and enjoy and relax."
Favre's next scheduled appearance in Green Bay is on July 19 to present Winters for induction into the Packers Hall of Fame. It's unclear whether Wednesday's news will affect Favre's status for that event or any future appearances in town, including his jersey retirement ceremony.
— Pete Dougherty and Mike Vandermause/Press-Gazette

i hope he comes back this season only to suffer a joe theisman-esqe leg injury in the first preseason game....that'll really give him something to cry about at his next press conference

Back