SerfCap Sunday 9/7 (1-0) YTD

SerfCap

SerfCap Sunday 9/7 (3-1-1 YTD)

Vikings SU:

Minnesota has a very explosive offense and despite what you might think of Cassel, he is much more effective than Ponder. The Vikings can put up points in a hurry. Their defense was instantly upgraded by the addition of Zimmer as HC alone, so while he still has a lot of building to do with that D, they'll be a much improved unit if you go buy Zimmer's track record. They'll fly around and get after Shaun Hill who used to be a high quality backup, but it's been awhile since he's seen consistent action.

Jets -5:

Yes, Derek Carr looked great in preseason. However, it was preseason and he's still a rookie quarterback. The Jets have a tremendously good defensive front and I expect them to get after Carr and show him a real introduction to the NFL. On offense, Geno has improved and his weapons aren't great, but better from a year ago. Decker is a great redzone target and the change of pace of Johnson and Ivory in the backfield will mix it up and keep Oakland on their heels.

Cowboys +4:

I love this play. So many have the Niners as a SB pick this year, but I don't even see them making the playoffs this year and it starts today with week 1. Defense is missing 2 of its best players, their offense never got in sync during preseason and the turmoil surrounding Harbaugh could send this team in spiral real quick. Dallas has a very good offense and I don't see SF stopping them today. Maybe at full health and maybe if it were week 8, but it's not. Romo and Dez have a big day.

Dolphins +4:

A divisional game and the Dolphins always play the Patriots tough. Miami should be improved as a team this year and while we know what we get with N.E., and it's usually good, I think the Dolphins stay close even if they lose. I don't see New England pulling away in this one.

Last edited:
Back