September is over...Learn me something...(what have we learned?)

It's scary bad right now....taking me back to Hallman/Dinardo days and my time in the student section

I'll have more later
Yes I remember those days as well. As I've said numerous times. I couldn't believe that LSU hired that retard. As a bama fan I was ecstatic. It set y'all back a few more years at least and then still gotta make the right hire next go around

Northwestern can't pick up a blitz to save their life.

Given what the season goals were and where they find themselves now, not sure that FSU has the focus and intensity to play this season out at the effort and execution level we have come to expect. Wake Forest was highly motivated today and made life really hard on the Noles. Thought FSU could've, should've, would've played better than they did last week, but Jimbo not going to be happy again when he reviews the game film.

Mississippi State was speculated as a "second best team in the SEC" (think back to talk after week 3) following their win over LSU. Hindsight being 20-20 and all, now we see LSU to be vastly flawed and Miss St gets dominated by UGA and Auburn. Funny how perceptions change so fast. Never jump to conclusions after a single game.

Alabama almost seems like they have to try to not totally embarrass opponents, but they still do it no matter how early they sub the reserves in.

Colorado State - San Diego State is going to be a really great MWC Title game.

Bama is a lot more dangerous offensively right now. They are more aggressive and creative with their play calling. Worried they might go undefeated but be denied a playoff birth because of strength of schedule though. I mean .. if they run the table...all the way until their finale against Auburn .... their highest quality win will be CSU. Schedule is cake.

Feel bad for S--k the misleading finals and bad beats threads are going to be very long.

NW - QB throws a difficult ball to catch. Their oline does such a poor job blocking that they get restricted to shorter routes and Thorson will go several series without even looking down field. Noticed it before this game so it wasn't just the good wisconsin D. Misleading final, especially for the total .. but Wisconsin was WAY better than nw as well. Safeties for NW were shockingly bad as well.

My big gripe of the day .... Tulsa QB runs in for a score to put the golden sugar canes up 13-0 and then gives a salute. They were playing Navy. I just hated that with all my being. He then got his shit pushed back up his pooper for the remainder of the game. When you are a huge dropoff at the QB position from Dane Evans, you suck in a big way. Glad Navy came back and won but wish Tulsa could have hit the backdoor or something.

Need to go post the fuentes quit job at the end of the clemson game. good message for the kids.

UCF dominated Memphis by more than the scoreboard and that is saying something They controlled both lines of scrimmage the entire game and made R Ferguson look like a talentless, mental midget with no will to win. Memphis was pretty banged up but this was pretty impressive by UCF along the fronts. Team looks well prepared and inspired to play every time I have seen them. Coaching might be pretty good.

I see them trying to hand Saquon Barkley an undeserved heisman trophy. You know how you can tell when espn is trying to force a heisman winner on you and influence voters? When they start talking about kick return yards. Kid would have to put on a lot more muscle just to carry Lamar Jacksons jock strap. He isn't even that close to putting up the best RB numbers. Please cut it out. Two more weeks of this and I have to start hoping he gets a knee injury.

NCState Defensive Line is arguably my most overrated unit from the preseason. These guys are underachieving in a big way.

In that two score lined type of game, houston probably makes a terrible favorite and a great dog. Defense is very good but offense is very average.

Barkley is very good...but so is Love and Penny. I put them all in the elite category right now without trying to pick the best. Since SD St and Stanford are way out west and usually on late at night the love affair with Barkely will continue, plus ESPN/ABC has alot of Penn State games upcoming they have to hype.

Barkley is very good...but so is Love and Penny. I put them all in the elite category right now without trying to pick the best. Since SD St and Stanford are way out west and usually on late at night the love affair with Barkely will continue, plus ESPN/ABC has alot of Penn State games upcoming they have to hype.

He could be the best rb ... he isn't close to Lamar Jackson. Nowhere close. It seems like no one wants this kid to win back to back heismans.

barkley is averaging 45 or so more rushing yards per game than Jackson right now. hahahaha

Yes I remember those days as well. As I've said numerous times. I couldn't believe that LSU hired that retard. As a bama fan I was ecstatic. It set y'all back a few more years at least and then still gotta make the right hire next go around
The problem is multi layered.....at least what I can speak to on the admin front.

F. King Alexander and Joe Alleva......AWFUL people at their jobs. Maybe they are good Dads and Husbands...I hope so, cuz FUCK them...
There is a Governor now in office that doesn't believe really in LSU football....wanted to cut the program or something stupid like that.
A friend is tight with a big TAF guy.....I can't believe how LSU got into this situation and getting left at the altar twice and not having contingent plans.....

Lotta people pulled for the native, but it looks very apparent he cannot man this position.

Stop underrating UCF!

See how Oklahoma does without Stoops and Oregon without Herbert.

Bama is unstoppable when it wants to be and SEC competition is really poor. Nobody else good in the SEC besides Georgia. period.

Iowa was hugely fortunate to be that close to beating Penn State. They play up to their competition but they don't show up as often as their on-paper talent says that they should.

Josh Browning is a great quarterback...against abysmal secondaries.

Jim Mora is a complete and utter idiot. His stupidity should take away UCLA's home field advantage accounted for by the odds.

MAC teams are an auto-fade against power-5 schools

They mentioned it multiple times during the game last night, but if you missed it, Alabama hasn't turned the ball over since the first half against AU last season. 8+ games. Hope that regression doesn't happen at an inopportune time

The SEC is far from dominant, but Alabama, UGA and AU may all be top 10 caliber teams. Not sure what we have with aTm and UF. LSU, Ole Miss, Mizzou, and Tennessee are shells of their former selves. Ark, UK, SC, Vandy, and Miss St are kind of what they always are, just mediocre FBS programs. So while I think it's fair to say the conference is down from where it once was, I'm not sure it is much different than the other 4 major conferences: a couple of elite teams, a few pretty good teams, a bunch of mediocre teams, and some bad teams. I guess the names of the bad teams in the SEC are bigger than usual, so that feeds the narrative that the SEC is a bad conference right now. The one thing that is not a debate is that the reason for this slide is 100% coaching. There are still a ton of future NFL players on these teams, but the men running the programs don't know what to do with them

I know it's been against Vandy and Ole Miss, but I really like what I'm seeing from the Alabama offense. As good as a playcaller as Kiffin may have been, it seemed he too often relied on hitting big plays, giving us a lot of 3 and outs or having to convert 3rd and long. Much more organized and versatile right now. We have a lot of weapons on offense and we have been able to feed them the last couple of games

I don't know how Butch Jones survives this season. Sumlin may still be able to buy himself another season, but he'll need to beat at least one of Alabama or AU, in addition to beating LSU. Not sure how Mizzou and LSU will handle Odom and Orgeron. Whoever negotiated coach O's buyout should be fired. I've seen a fair amount of last night's game, and LSU was getting pushed around by Troy. Not because they were bigger, but they actually wanted to be there. It's one thing to lose while playing hard, but when you quit, that's on coaching. Seemed like there may have been some effort questions in Miles' last few games too? Might need a huge culture change down there. As an Alabama fan, I hope they take a few more years to do that.

Mullen gets credit for being the 2nd best coach in the SEC fairly often, but he really only wins the games he should, and loses to the better teams. Saw he's 2-15 against AP ranked teams or something. That's not good.

Not sure if UGA is that good or Tenny that bad, probably a little of both, but UGA looks like they made the right call hiring Kirby and showing Richt the door. I think Richt will have some success in Miami, but I don't think he had what it took to get UGA a titile. Kirby has breathed life into that program, and with the players they sign, I would be surprised if they aren't the class of the East for the forseeable future.

First, thank you Bama for letting me hit a big tt...

I feel awful for people who had game over in Vegas last night. Brutal. Same goes for under in Oregon.

I see them trying to hand Saquon Barkley an undeserved heisman trophy. You know how you can tell when espn is trying to force a heisman winner on you and influence voters? When they start talking about kick return yards. Kid would have to put on a lot more muscle just to carry Lamar Jacksons jock strap. He isn't even that close to putting up the best RB numbers. Please cut it out. Two more weeks of this and I have to start hoping he gets a knee injury.

You have it spot on Kyle -- about the force-feeding a narrative about Barkley. He is a heck of a player in the open field. He leaves a lot to be desired between the tackles just like last year. I still have seen no uproar other than me posting it last night about Franklin having Barkley passing for a TD with 4 min left in a 28 point game. First, that is the epitomy of Classless James Franklin. Second, why is Barkley in the game at that point? If you look at the drive they were trying to get him some numbers at the end. Barkley seems like a great kid but I hate he plays for that asshat and hopefully he doesn't get some freak injury out playing in blowouts of 4th quarters trying to build a resume.

Butch is all but gone. The question now is how long does he stay on? I am a firm believer you play the year out and open your search right now.
Although Butch can't coach, he could have stayed in this position for 10+ years if he would have hired some coordinators that knew what the hell they were doing. But I guess if you have no clue on how to coach, how would you know who you are hiring knows how to?

I am really curious as to how the new AD Currie handles olall this and who he hires.
The Haslam's have their fingerprints all over this University, they are somewhat to blame for this as well

Butch is all but gone. The question now is how long does he stay on? I am a firm believer you play the year out and open your search right now.
Although Butch can't coach, he could have stayed in this position for 10+ years if he would have hired some coordinators that knew what the hell they were doing. But I guess if you have no clue on how to coach, how would you know who you are hiring knows how to?

I am really curious as to how the new AD Currie handles olall this and who he hires.
The Haslam's have their fingerprints all over this University, they are somewhat to blame for this as well
Who do you think will be in running? I have felt Mike Bobo could be the guy for awhile now. I was having this convo other day about G5 HCs that will make jump in next few years - I had Mike Bobo, Mike Norvell, Chad Morris, Scott Frost. Then I had in the next tier who may be few more years out Seth Litrell, Willie Frtiz, Frank Wilson, Jason Candle, Troy Calhoun, Neal Brown. The two Power 5 guys I like for bigger jobs were Matt Campbell and Jeff Brohm.

Northwestern can't pick up a blitz to save their life.

Given what the season goals were and where they find themselves now, not sure that FSU has the focus and intensity to play this season out at the effort and execution level we have come to expect. Wake Forest was highly motivated today and made life really hard on the Noles. Thought FSU could've, should've, would've played better than they did last week, but Jimbo not going to be happy again when he reviews the game film.

Mississippi State was speculated as a "second best team in the SEC" (think back to talk after week 3) following their win over LSU. Hindsight being 20-20 and all, now we see LSU to be vastly flawed and Miss St gets dominated by UGA and Auburn. Funny how perceptions change so fast. Never jump to conclusions after a single game.

Alabama almost seems like they have to try to not totally embarrass opponents, but they still do it no matter how early they sub the reserves in.

Colorado State - San Diego State is going to be a really great MWC Title game.

Agree with the comments about FSU. Other than the big Mack Truck RB, I just didn't see focus and intensity out of FSU. They should have wiped the map with Wake and they barely won that game and certainly had no business getting a push. Pondering a play on the Canes this week.

Fade Rutgers vs. Big Ten good teams--Michigan, Maryland, Penn State for sure. Maybe Mich St as well. They just can't compete, some want to say they are closing the gap but all they really did was play shitty Nebraska quasi-close.

I feel awful for people who had game over in Vegas last night. Brutal. Same goes for under in Oregon.

You have it spot on Kyle -- about the force-feeding a narrative about Barkley. He is a heck of a player in the open field. He leaves a lot to be desired between the tackles just like last year. I still have seen no uproar other than me posting it last night about Franklin having Barkley passing for a TD with 4 min left in a 28 point game. First, that is the epitomy of Classless James Franklin. Second, why is Barkley in the game at that point? If you look at the drive they were trying to get him some numbers at the end. Barkley seems like a great kid but I hate he plays for that asshat and hopefully he doesn't get some freak injury out playing in blowouts of 4th quarters trying to build a resume.
You don't think Barkley is in the convo? Meaning, that far behind Lamar? That Clemson loss was bad bad....also the definition of Heisman seems to have blurred on boards, media folks even.

I would say Baker May is def in the convo

Who do you think will be in running? I have felt Mike Bobo could be the guy for awhile now. I was having this convo other day about G5 HCs that will make jump in next few years - I had Mike Bobo, Mike Norvell, Chad Morris, Scott Frost. Then I had in the next tier who may be few more years out Seth Litrell, Willie Frtiz, Frank Wilson, Jason Candle, Troy Calhoun, Neal Brown. The two Power 5 guys I like for bigger jobs were Matt Campbell and Jeff Brohm.
https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/betonline-odds-will-replace-butch-jones-tennessee/

Petrino?!

No way huh?

Chad Morris is TAMU I have to think

Wonder where Chip Kelly ends up...I'd love to have seen LSU with him

Barkley is the best player in college football, whether his numbers in the end will dictate a heisman idk. Lamar Jackson will have the best numbers i guess and Baker should go undefeated. Think its the unbelievable plays Barkley makes that no one else can think of doing and the twitter love from every NFL RB and celebs. Worth price of admission. Games vs bit two in conference will dictate his fate.

Surprised Butch Jones has a job tonight.

. He leaves a lot to be desired between the tackles just like last year.

Think its the offense, the guys legs are like tree trunks and runs 4.3 while squatting what 600 and power cleans 500. I don't that offense uses him correctly, he'd be more deadly in the I, every snap is 5 yards deep in gun. Imagine him at Michigan, OMG

Money talks, just wonder in 2017 if the luster is off that Tennessee job in terms of attracting the most sought after candidates? Kind of like Nebraska. It's not the 90s or early 00s any more and the land scape has change in a way that makes it harder for those programs to compete. Not that they can't, but it is harder and with some of the challenges in mind, the top shelf candidates may have better options.

I think back to the Fulmer years, and the sun was setting on his tenure, but I think back he was in the SEC Title game like clock-work every 3 years. I mean, not everyone can be great year-in and year-out. Alot of programs have to build up for a special year and then cycle back down again. Fulmer was able to do that even at the end. Not saying he should've stayed, other schools were passing UT by. But I think expectations are unreasonable these days and there is some truth in what the hot seat coaches say about the "noise". Ain't going to change, expectations are going to be what they are and the world we live isn't going back to the way it used to be.

Having said that, UT needs a change. They had the cycle that was supposed to be their year, and they lost to Vandy among others to spoil it. If this was his last chance to save himself, he instead hung himself.

It's not nearly as bad as the Darnold media hype...

Injuries from the Cal-Oregon game:

The Oregon Ducks will have to play without Justin Herbert for the foreseeable future.

Sources have confirmed that sophomore quarterback Justin Herbert has broken his collarbone. The Oregonian and Sports Illustrated previously reported the injuries.

Despite the 45-24 win over Cal, it was a night to forget for the Ducks. In addition to Herbert going down, star running back Royce Freeman left the game and did not return. Starting tight end Jacob Breeland missed the game with an undisclosed injury. Senior wide receiver Charles Nelson, who missed last week’s game against Arizona State, is still out with a sprained ankle he suffered against Wyoming two weeks ago.
https://www.diehards.com/oregon/report-oregon-qb-justin-herbert-suffered-broken-collarbone-cal

BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) — California receiver Demetris Robertson will miss the rest of the season with a lower-body injury.

Robertson said on Twitter that he had surgery to repair an injury that bothered him last season. The school confirmed the surgery on Sunday and said that Robertson will miss the remainder of the season.

Robertson had seven catches for 70 yards and two runs for 40 yards and a touchdown in two games this season. Robertson had 50 catches for 767 yards and seven touchdowns last season as a freshman for the Golden Bears.

Kugler resigns at UTEP
http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/sp...otball-coach-effective-immediately/721508001/

I think this is the first game Western Michigan has used Darrius Phillips on offense. Impact was limited vs Ball St, 1 rush, 2 receptions, but guy can be lethal with ball in his hands.

So that it shows up in the other team's scouting report? That was our conclusion regarding the Jags' fake punt while up by 30+ vs Ravens

Agree with the comments about FSU. Other than the big Mack Truck RB, I just didn't see focus and intensity out of FSU. They should have wiped the map with Wake and they barely won that game and certainly had no business getting a push. Pondering a play on the Canes this week.

Richt will find a way to screw it up. If Miami can't beat this FSU team with that awful QB they never will.

I said that Ole Miss would be Texas Tech East this summer. I owe Texas Tech an apology. The offensive coordinator, Phil Longo, is out of his depth. Ole Miss is approaching auto fade territory.

I said that Ole Miss would be Texas Tech East this summer. I owe Texas Tech an apology. The offensive coordinator, Phil Longo, is out of his depth. Ole Miss is approaching auto fade territory.
Join the club

Did I see the line was only 2' for FLA in the swamp?

Wow at the sec

Back