September CFB Plays

jimmymo

Beer and Betting Belong Together
Just two for week one.......I am a homer and run about 40% on plays east of of the rockies....so these don't bode well for me......will, of course, be tailing a few plays from the folks around here to make sure i have action at all times thursday through monday, but these are my favs....

Washington -3 1/2 v. Boise State.....2 Units.....can you name a position group for boise that is better than UW? I can't.....maybe (and a big maybe) you can argue that boise's secondary is better than the UW, but it is close and I am not losing sleep over it....new stadium, depth.....no way boise comes in and gets this win, and I think the UW gets a TD+ victory...this UW team is experienced and very, very HEALTHY as this point, especially on the O-Line....ASJ will play and, if he doesn't, there is PLENTY of other offensive talent......

LSU -4 v. TCU....2 Units.....more thoughts later, but I am a believer in Metz and his receiving corps....and I don't even want to hear about the losses on D......they will be fine.....TCU will just get outclassed here

More importantly, for those that care.....here is the information for the football newsletter e-mail account for this year.....just log in and you can access the cfb newsletters that I receive (powersweep, gold sheet, sports reporters, etc...about 7 or 8 each week)....it is a hotmail/outlook account this year

Login: cfbletters@outlook.com
Password: Mariners1

PS....I like to drink

Last edited:
shcrute, yanks, tru......thanks...hope you guys have a great year...:shake:

i just wanted to add some quick info on the new stadium at uw...for those that don't know, they removed the track around the outside of the field and the lower seating section has been completely remodeled to come in tight to the field....the seats are now right on top of the players......this place was crazy before, but now the fans are sitting on top of the opposing team...it is going to be tough for opponents offense to operate....loud like century link loud i think...and with a 7 pm game, it will be a very rowdy, very drunk place...

very drunk place and jimmy likes to drink .. any chance jimmy is in attendance? good luck this year as always jimmy

shcrute, yanks, tru......thanks...hope you guys have a great year...:shake:

i just wanted to add some quick info on the new stadium at uw...for those that don't know, they removed the track around the outside of the field and the lower seating section has been completely remodeled to come in tight to the field....the seats are now right on top of the players......this place was crazy before, but now the fans are sitting on top of the opposing team...it is going to be tough for opponents offense to operate....loud like century link loud i think...and with a 7 pm game, it will be a very rowdy, very drunk place...

Thanks for the info.

With ya on LSU. I'm also bullish on Mettenberger and the LSU passing game now that Cam Cameron has taken hold of the offense.

I like Washington to win the game. I'm just not crazy about the price. Maybe I'll do some sort of late night ML parlay. Washington/UCLA & NW maybe???

I give Boise a significant edge in the coaching department and sure hate trying to give them points but good info on the new stadium.

:shake: GL this year...

love the Wash play. I look forward to more thoughts on LSU. I'm still looking at it. I see it close.

GL on a great season jimmy

Thanks for all the kind words fellas......GL to each of you as well....Smails, the Cabo trip took place in July this year....shitshow as usual.

Well, good start to the season going 2-0 and both being 2 unit plays......I will say this, the UW game was closer than the score, so don't get down on Boise....they moved the ball very well for the most part and just made some mistakes and couldn't convert....eventually, they just wore down on D as the Huskies new "pace" offense looked very, very good in the 2nd half....on the other hand, the LSU game was not as close as the scroe imo, as they could have easily won by 20+......if they continue to let Mett throw the ball, this team will be potent offensively.........

One so far this week....and it is NOT poplular among those with early plays in the forum world.........

USC -14 (-120) v. wazzu......2 units......Will give more specifics when time allows, but here is the short story...great spot for a bounce-back here with the much more talented team and I fully expect the QB play for the trojans to be light years better than at Hawaii.....WSU defense is soft and doesn't look like Washington (CB) is going to go....may be tough to throw a frosh out against these WRs of USC.......that said, a tough spot for WSU to come back from a heartbreaking loss across country and then go right back on the road......with the exception of an "out of nowhere" perfomrance against stanford at the farm last year, Wazzu was beaten handily last year on the road in Pac12 (maybe you can argue the played decent at Oregon State..but still a DD loss).......Halliday a turnover machine......back door open for sure, but I don't expect this to be within 21 by the 4th....line should be in the 19/20 range.......48-20 Trojans.....

ytd 2-0 (+4.0)

I am historically a pretty poor totals player and have jumped on a total that has moved 3 points......probably flushing $$$

FAU/ECU Over 55..........1 unit

pollo de oro....ftw

i never, ever, ever fukkin learn......probably hit this one just to keep me betting these weeknight shit games next week...at LEAST i didn't be thte worst number

Central Florida -24 @ fiu....1 unit

UTEP -6 1/2 v. new mexico.....1 unit (almost 2 unit play, so may add)....

GL tonight degens........

Drunk and adding......love it....stilll looking at a couple more...

Ball State -8 1/2 v. army......2 units.....this one caps out way too easy...any way you cut it, this should be a DD win....which scares me, but I think ball runs away and hides.

Oregon -23 @ virginia.....2 units......just think this team is too explosive to not put up plenty of points to cover...and the Duck D is stacked with talent and very legit....3 1/2 scores? Yes...........I think the Ducks put up mid-40s at a minimum......way, way, way too much speed...already have an action play tailing Hunt with the TT over 42

Well VK...here is what I believe on this game, for better or for worse.....miners have the better QB play, although interesting to see what mitchem can do for lobo...really like what i have been reading about utep team and belief in showers....they have some offensive weapons and should be successful.....on paper these teams seem evenly matched, but i think the miners bring back a better team that did a decent job with a difficult schedule..they haad some shit games sure, but they have a solid corps of senior leadership (and a number of jrs as well).....I think they are ready for this game........lobos got beat up last week and you can't deny it...utsa is a solid club, so not a complete embarassment....but I think utep is as least as good at utsa......i also like guys that get jobs from the nfl...instant credibility with the kids....miners will be ready and although interested to see what mitchem can do and whether lobo can run it at miners d, he is still getting first ncaa action in life, on road.......just see a good spot here, and it never hurts to see the sharp money drive a number....of course it sucks to get such a bad number, it may go to 7 tomorrow....

It may indeed. I have over 3.5 wins so I will be cheering for those miners even more than normal. Gonna be out here again before cbb?

Thanks for sharing your insight. good luck manana ( I think that is a greek word that means "tomorrow" )

no go on vegas before next spring...unfortunately........one more drunk add and then hit the rack and ready for some 9 am foots....

Kentucky -17 v. miami ohio.....2 units

GL tomorrow degens....

Have a good one today, bro ... big bounceback for Wildcats here as they'll play 1 half of football and then 1 half of hoops. Tell Ashley Judd hello from all us!!

Back