September Call-Ups

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
Brewers have a nice list of them. Interested in seeing what other teams have called up (but too lazy to look at every team).

Pitchers
Mitch Stetter
Mike DiFelice

Position
Tim Dillard
Mat Gamel
Joe Dillon
Brad Nelson
Vinny Rottino
Tony Gwynn
Angel Salome
Alcides Escobar

I'm very very excited to see Gamel, Salome and Escobar up on the big league team. All 3 have all-star potential. Brad Nelson was the future at 1B before Prince Fielder as well. Get another lefty out of the pen in Stetter, Gwynn can hopefully get some trade value, Dillard, Rottino are two guys who can play just about everywhere. 10 guys in total, so 5 didn't get the call up from the 40 man roster... need to figure out who those were.

Looking over the 40 man looks like...
Richie Gardner SP AAA (never heard of him)
Hernan Iribarren OF/2B AAA
Lou Palmisano C A+
Luis Pena Closer AAA

Guess the 5th guy would be Russel Branyan on 15 day DL... if they're on 60 they dont count right? But 15 does?

for the fish i got this is speculation

Andrew miller long reliever..
cam maybin
dallas mcpherson
robert andino
ryan tucker reliever

another setup man i assume with lindstrom closing since the garbage that is gregg is injured..
brett Carrol? OF

for the fish i got this is speculation

Andrew miller long reliever..
cam maybin
dallas mcpherson
robert andino
ryan tucker reliever

another setup man i assume with lindstrom closing since the garbage that is gregg is injured..
brett Carrol? OF

Andrew Miller off the DL yet? He's sitting on my fantasy team and i want him to stay down all year, as i need the roster spot, but its a keeper league and don't want to drop him.

Andrew Miller off the DL yet? He's sitting on my fantasy team and i want him to stay down all year, as i need the roster spot, but its a keeper league and don't want to drop him.

yeah he should have been activated today.. he still isnt a 100percent though.. they are going to truly ease him into it .. get him ready for next year

he had been doing well on rehab 1 run in 13 innings 11ks 10 hits

I need a good SB guy that's going to play for one of these teams that's out of it. Any thoughts?

I need a good SB guy that's going to play for one of these teams that's out of it. Any thoughts?

tthe leadoff hitter for the pirates trys to get steals he gets caught a bit but i dont see them giving him the red light at all.. and his name i think is nate morgan..

Hmm... Maybin has speed if he did get called up and can get on base (big if's), um let me think about that for a bit

tthe leadoff hitter for the pirates trys to get steals he gets caught a bit but i dont see them giving him the red light at all.. and his name i think is nate morgan..
Yeah I was checking him out a little bit. I've got fucking Michael Bourn who I was really counting on and traded for him back in late June. He has really been a disappointment since I picked him up, but Cooper says he is going to play most of the starts in Sept but they want him to have better discipline at the plate etc. Steals are key for me in my league as I'm either going to win or finish second and I can probably pick up two points if I have a good run in Sept.

maybin isnt going to play much boys maybe a late game switch for defense but he isnt ready for the bigs at the plate swing is way to long

Dallas McPherson, shortstop Robert Andino, outfielder Brett Carroll and pitchers Justin Miller and Eulogio De La Cruz. so far those are the fish callups offically

Dallas McPherson, shortstop Robert Andino, outfielder Brett Carroll and pitchers Justin Miller and Eulogio De La Cruz. so far those are the fish callups offically

McPherson could be a good everyday guy imo. I remember watching him in the Angels system back in 2005 and I believe they were willing to try play him regularly but he hurt his back pretty bad and never made it back...IF he's healthy he had a lot of potential and could be pretty good.

Chicago White Sox
P/RP - Lance Broadway
3B - Josh Fields
2B - Chris Getz
OF - Jerry Owens
RP - Mike Macdougal
RP - Ehren Wassermann

Off the top of my head I believe they have been recalled as of earlier today. Honestly don't know how the fuck MacDougal is still around. Pitching coach Cooper must have some kind of mancrush on this kid. I will admit he has decent stuff but his mental game is so horrible that anything can break him down (bad strike call, error in the field). They keep giving Wassermann chances here and there but I've yet to be convinced he can be a reliever in the big leagues. In fact, wish we would give Dewon Dayy another chance or maybe see if our knuckleballer Charlie Haegar could somehow become a reliever. Can you imagine that? If you had a reliever that could come in and on cue throw knuckleballs good?

Owens had a chance to be our leadoff hitter during spring training but went down with an injury. We sent him to the minors as a result and he never made it back. Great speed and quickness but his bad is bad. When I think of him I picture another Michael Bourn type of player. We'll probably use him for pinchrunner and maybe late defense.

Broadway did well when we brought him up earlier and I wouldn't mind giving him a spot start here or there. If he does well perhaps use him as the long reliever in the bullpen later.

Getz...eh lol. Don't know much about him.

Josh Fields was supposed to be our "prized prospect" but damn. The fact Ozzie Guillen was willing to start Juan Uribe OVER Josh Fields when Joe Crede was hurt really puts some serious writing on the wall in my opinion. The guy has very good power but fails to make contact too much. At the end of last year we were talking about a possible conversion to left field but that died out very quickly, he doesn't have the speed to survive out there. I honestly would not be surprised to see him get traded in the offseason...mark my words lol. Another Brandon McCarthy, all hype but we end up trading him.

Back