Second round picks

catfood

Flying Frenchman
Series

Montreal Canadiens 1.552
Montreal Canadiens -1.5 Games 2.080
Dallas Stars 2.490
New York Rangers 2.350

Now that the first round is out of the way, watch out for Montreal. Its a lot of wood but I think they may sweep...Got to go with Dallas, because of the price and that San Jose had a tough long series with Calgary...And lastly, the Rangers who are my pick to go to the finals after Montreal.

Thursday Pick

Montreal Canadiens -0.5 1.926 :cheers:

Last edited:
An interesting thou obscure stat from the 1st round - the paucity of 1 goal games compared to post seasons past.

45.8% of 1st round games decided by 1 goal margins (last 2 post seasons, 55.8% & 54.5%)

What that means is some of these 2nd round teams are underdone when it comes to having forged their mettle in the fires of close contests, most noticeably...

Dallas - 0 1-goal games out of 6
Pittsb - 0 1-goal games out of 4

An interesting thou obscure stat from the 1st round - the paucity of 1 goal games compared to post seasons past.

45.8% of 1st round games decided by 1 goal margins (last 2 post seasons, 55.8% & 54.5%)

What that means is some of these 2nd round teams are underdone when it comes to having forged their mettle in the fires of close contests, most noticeably...

Dallas - 0 1-goal games out of 6
Pittsb - 0 1-goal games out of 4

Ill add fyi, 3 teams that had a better 5 on 5 goal differential than their opponents in round 1 that didnt advance: Calgary, Anaheim, and Washington.

Also the only team to advance that had more canadians on it than its opponent was Philadelphia.

gluck tonight cat....

my series picks are
san jose
montreal
penguins
colorado =)

Gluck

Thanks guys, always appreciated...

Im kind of torn in the Pitts/NYR series gsro. I think NYR will win but I know itd be better for the habs if Pittsburgh wins.

haggarofficemj7.gif

0-1 (-1)Habs win but in OT...A couple of lucky bounces made Philly look good IMO.

Friday Picks: New York Rangers ML 2.300
Dallas Stars ML 2.380

Last edited:
Yes thank God for Dallas

1-2 (-0.68)

Saturday Picks

I could be wrong, but if Colorado is to win a game I think it may be this one. Going against Detroit in the afternoon at this price is worth a shot. Ill take the habs again eventhough they havent been good to me at all this post season.

Montreal Canadiens -1.5 2.790
Colorado Avalanche ML 2.810
Colorado Team toal over 2 1.833

1-5 (-3.68)Thanks Brar, not going too well, but like a lot of people Im chasing certain teams until I get my money back. So I dont know if posting picks is all that important right now. Today Im on the rangers.

New York Rangers ML 2.340

Like the Rangers, catfood, but I like the Spurs more. Also think you'll see the refs out in force on the Sharks side.

Yeah I dont expect any team facing the penguins or the sharks to get any favours. Its not the amount of penalties, its the timing of them. GL with the spurs BC

Only thing preventing me from liking the sharks is Turco is pretty solid on Sundays this year (6-0-1) with a sv pct of .954 but since I won the last game with Dallas, Ill leave it alone.

your series bet looking good buddy

2-0 Stars
we will need a huge effort from them in Game 3 though.

star.gif
h022916A.jpg
star.gif

Brad Richards absolute star of the night
dallas.gif
5.gif
puckanim.gif

sanjose.gif
2.gif

1-6 (-4.68) Im grading these as 1 unit but theyre not, its more than that now. Again, Im chasing here. Im ahead in the Dal-SJ series but down in the others. All I need is for NY Rangers and the habs to win one each and its all good. I also could use Colorado to win one but I may cut my losses right away, Im not sure they can do it, itll depend on their injury situation, I may chase Detroit also, not sure. So next round Ill avoid posting this mess and just keep it at the series picks... Tonight Im on Montreal ML 2.120. GL everyone and go habs go!

This is insane what is happening to the habs in this series, what is it like 10 posts already in 3 games????

Im starting to dislike the habs more each day. Today Im on the rangers, surely they can win one of the next two.

Thanks huntdog. :cheers:

Wins have been far between this round. I dont think Ill chase in the next round, its nerve wrecking, I dont know how Pac-man does it.

2-8 (-5.795) so far...

Dont know who'll be in nets. But I dont think it should matter too much. Montreal is 4-0 on Wednesdays and lets hope its 5-0 after tonight. Also cant resist the Sharks at this price.

Montreal Canadiens ML 2.100
San Jose Sharks ML 2.400

Last edited:
Back