SEC Week 8

I was all set to auto fade Tenn this week until I see they're playing UT-Martin. What fortunate scheduling. I'll still look to fade, but not for anything serious.

Guess I wasn't so crazy to have UK favored last week against Miss St.

My lines for this week:

Ole Miss -3
Mizzou -9.5
Alabama -19.5
aTm -0.5

Do not understand the Geaux Tigers line. Gators are a historically bad defensive team (and, if not for a Q roughing call, LSU could've been pushed to OT).
Really, really, really historically bad D, y'all: 1666042616352.png

If Vols were playing their KentLucky game this week it would be the classic let down week. Thank you UT Martin

Brice Young is on just another level, Bama should outshoot Miss St

Ole Piss & LSWho should be a great gm

Vandy Mizzu in the battle of the Ugly’s
Both their school colors are just blah

aTm & Scary is kind of a interesting game

I like @gps_3 #s on all of these

Jimbo said King is "ready to go" in his presser.
Play CW, asshole.
Ags have played something like 37 frosh this year, none named CW.

Jimbo said King is "ready to go" in his presser.
Play CW, asshole.
Ags have played something like 37 frosh this year, none named CW.
I'm not a "get him ready for next year" guy and I know all coaches aren't either, but you'd think at some point you need to start seeing what you have because we already know what King is and isn't

Brice Young is on just another level, Bama should outshoot Miss St

I like @gps_3 #s on all of these
The deficiencies in our defense that Tenn was able to exploit, I don't think the Air Raid can. Miss St has scored 0 and 9 points the 2 years Leach has been there, and despite the performance in Knoxville, this Alabama defense is better than the last 2 years. I'm rushing to go bet the -21.5, Miss St has a legit defense, but I could see this as a 35-10 or 14 type game. Based on Saban's press call yesterday, I think we may see some new faces at certain positions, so there's a wild card there too. Probably a stay away game for me

Early line is UGA -10.5 vs Tenn. Sounds about right. Could definitely see a 13+ pt lead and a backdoor score. In the meantime, the LSU/Ole Miss game is obviously huge for both teams/seasons.
I expect the line to be right around there. As for the game, with it being in Athens, I lean UGA. But if Tenn can score, I don't think UGA can keep up. I trust UGA's defensive coaches to be better at adjustments than Alabama's were for sure. I do think Tenn will give UGA everything they want though

I expect the line to be right around there. As for the game, with it being in Athens, I lean UGA. But if Tenn can score, I don't think UGA can keep up. I trust UGA's defensive coaches to be better at adjustments than Alabama's were for sure. I do think Tenn will give UGA everything they want though
Take a look at last years game. UGA just came in and dictated the pace and controlled the line of scrimmage. I believe we have a better defense than Bama. Obviously Tenn was missing their best wr last week, but UGA has been missing their also. Biggest game in 15+ years in Athens. Can't imagine Tennessee wins.

Take a look at last years game. UGA just came in and dictated the pace and controlled the line of scrimmage. I believe we have a better defense than Bama. Obviously Tenn was missing their best wr last week, but UGA has been missing their also. Biggest game in 15+ years in Athens. Can't imagine Tennessee wins.
42-28 kind of game.

UGA isn't as good as they were last year, and Tennessee is better than last year. I'm not predicting a Tenn win, I still think UGA wins, I just don't assume the only way Tenn covers is via the back door. UGA couldn't handle a healthy Alabama offense last year, so I don't assume they can handle Tenn's this year, which outside of one or two players, is better than that Alabama offense

UGA isn't as good as they were last year, and Tennessee is better than last year. I'm not predicting a Tenn win, I still think UGA wins, I just don't assume the only way Tenn covers is via the back door. UGA couldn't handle a healthy Alabama offense last year, so I don't assume they can handle Tenn's this year, which outside of one or two players, is better than that Alabama offense

UGA isn't as good, based on what stat? You do realize their top player on offense and defense have played maybe 10 quarters all year.

Have we also thought about Bama not being good? There are no explosive players at wr, the OL looks suspect and the cornerbacks aren't as good. To be honest Will Anderson hasn't been as good either.

UGAs wins so far in conference:

48 - 7 on the road
26 - 22 on the road
42 - 10
55 - 0

14 of those points came against second and third string players.

I've seen a lot of people doubting Georgia the last several weeks. This includes a few guys that were extremely high on them this summer and early in the season.

Personally, I think you'll see them ring the bell over the next month as some meaningful matchups come into play.

I've seen a lot of people doubting Georgia the last several weeks. This includes a few guys that were extremely high on them this summer and early in the season.

Personally, I think you'll see them ring the bell over the next month as some meaningful matchups come into play.
These next 4 games are no picnic (wild that UF is the easiest one).

We'll have a good idea of where they stand come Thanksgiving (as far as a true #1 seed or not).

QB1: 70.7% 7td 1 int 154.5 rating 2,033 yards 5 rushing td
QB2: 70.0% 15td 1 int 187.7 rating 1,817 yards 4 rushing td

These next 4 games are no picnic (wild that UF is the easiest one).

We'll have a good idea of where they stand come Thanksgiving (as far as a true #1 seed or not).
For sure. People are fascinated by one game the Mizzou game but leave off games such as Oregon who might end the year being a top 5 team.

UGA isn't as good, based on what stat? You do realize their top player on offense and defense have played maybe 10 quarters all year.

Have we also thought about Bama not being good? There are no explosive players at wr, the OL looks suspect and the cornerbacks aren't as good. To be honest Will Anderson hasn't been as good either.
Just watching with my eyes. You don't lose that many players to NFL and be better the next year. I know UGA reloads as much as anyone, but there's still a dropoff. And yeah, Alabama is certainly suspect this year. I don't recall saying that they aren't. I just pointed out that UGA can't keep up with Tenn if it becomes a track meet. And that is true. That's not how UGA is built. We saw it last year. Doesn't mean they won't end up with another championship, though repeating is certainly difficult. But as for Alabama, other than the WR, the positions you mentioned are better this year than last year. Will has not had the impact he had last year for sure. Part of it I think is coaching, I'm not sure what Golding is doing this year, especially in the last game. I also think Will may be pressing too much. I think the whole team is. Playing with little confidence right now. I think our ceiling is pretty high, but apparently our floor is much lower than usual.

It's definitely fair to have concerns with UGA from some of those performances, but starting mid 2nd quarter of the AU game, they've looked more like themselves. Though I guess AU and Vandy could be the tonic that cures a lot of ailments this year. This next stretch will definitely tell us more about who they are this season than the first few games.

It's definitely fair to have concerns with UGA from some of those performances, but starting mid 2nd quarter of the AU game, they've looked more like themselves. Though I guess AU and Vandy could be the tonic that cures a lot of ailments this year. This next stretch will definitely tell us more about who they are this season than the first few games.
100%

Haven't checked in since the game yet, but let me just say, I'm not sure I will ever have a better in-person sporting event experience. Just an unreal game. Took 4 friends who had never been to a SEC game or tailgate and they said it was the best weekend of their life - so I'm worried I spoiled them now. Thank goodness the schedule makers set it up to have UTM this week. Haven't missed many Vols games this year (home or road), but unfortunately will have to miss the next two due to some work travel and a wedding in Vail (can't believe Saturday weddings are still a thing in football season). Don't see any way of finding tickets to GA without paying a fortune, but may still go and tailgate/watch there. Glad Bryce got to play and I'm praying I can somehow get him in my dynasty league to be my other QB - he is better than Stroud and not really close, IMO.

Haven't checked in since the game yet, but let me just say, I'm not sure I will ever have a better in-person sporting event experience. Just an unreal game. Took 4 friends who had never been to a SEC game or tailgate and they said it was the best weekend of their life - so I'm worried I spoiled them now. Thank goodness the schedule makers set it up to have UTM this week. Haven't missed many Vols games this year (home or road), but unfortunately will have to miss the next two due to some work travel and a wedding in Vail (can't believe Saturday weddings are still a thing in football season). Don't see any way of finding tickets to GA without paying a fortune, but may still go and tailgate/watch there. Glad Bryce got to play and I'm praying I can somehow get him in my dynasty league to be my other QB - he is better than Stroud and not really close, IMO.
I imagine that was an incredible scene, especially for people who've never experienced it. I had to watch the last 1.5 quarters inside a church during a wedding, so I feel you there.

I imagine that was an incredible scene, especially for people who've never experienced it. I had to watch the last 1.5 quarters inside a church during a wedding, so I feel you there.
That sounds miserable…

For sure. People are fascinated by one game the Mizzou game but leave off games such as Oregon who might end the year being a top 5 team.

That Kent St game wasn't pretty either. And they had 21 pts after 3 q at home vs a pretty bad Auburn team.

You guys should have heard the Auburn radio guys in the 4th qtr as they couldn't stop basic run plays. I happened to hop in the car and I'm glad I did.

You’re telling me…you’ll find this funny…the LSU guy we tailgated with asked us to send the stuffed Tiger back for the weekend because he needs that good luck for a big LSU win.
That’s really one for the ages. I don’t know how old you are but these tires got too much tread…
Awesome couple weeks

And I tell everyone. SEC guys mostly know, go in with a good attitude and it’s usually always fine.

And when you leave, leave like you ate something, not stole something

Sounds basic, but it works everywhere

It’s flipped to LSU as favs now.

If you get Daniels from last week at UF, LSU will win I think.
I'm staying off purely out of respect for LSU and the fact that they should have Big Mo on their side...but I need to see Daniels do that against a D that isn't HISTORICALLY bad, brother. Geaux Tigers.

Wondering if the wedding was really official given that the pastor was watching it as well.

Thought this was interesting, if you have not heard/seen

It's one of the more concerning things I've heard from the program. I don't know if it was just excuse-making, or there's a real issue there. I could see it being a heavy load trying to continue on the dynasty, but if you couldn't get your intensity up in that environment, you have real problems. Maybe that's part of what Saban means when he's talking about nobody's spot is guaranteed. I guess the days of Tony Brown walking shirtless through the LSU players warming up are gone. That was negative level anxiety there

The more I think about it, I think I'm going to be on LSU tomorrow. I lean South Carolina, but probably a stay away game for me. I'll take a glance at UT Martin as a fade of the Tenn hangover, but not sure it interests me too much.

I have my concerns about backing Alabama this weekend, but I'm going to assume that we look much better than we have all season after the loss. The air raid is an offense that we've handled very well over the years, and Rogers isn't a particularly mobile QB. And we still have Bryce Young. I'm guessing we are starting to narrow or WR rotation down, and I wouldn't expect to see Jermaine Burton tomorrow. The incident with the Tenn fan will be the reason, but I think we may be tired of his inconsistency and attitude anyway. Hoping to see the Louisville transfer some tomorrow. I don't think he's a savior by any means, but if he's as fast as reported, having that vertical threat can't hurt. I'll predict this is a get-right game for Alabama, and I certainly hope I'm right. Because if LSU wins, that game in 2 weeks takes on even more importance

The more I think about it, I think I'm going to be on LSU tomorrow. I lean South Carolina, but probably a stay away game for me. I'll take a glance at UT Martin as a fade of the Tenn hangover, but not sure it interests me too much.

I have my concerns about backing Alabama this weekend, but I'm going to assume that we look much better than we have all season after the loss. The air raid is an offense that we've handled very well over the years, and Rogers isn't a particularly mobile QB. And we still have Bryce Young. I'm guessing we are starting to narrow or WR rotation down, and I wouldn't expect to see Jermaine Burton tomorrow. The incident with the Tenn fan will be the reason, but I think we may be tired of his inconsistency and attitude anyway. Hoping to see the Louisville transfer some tomorrow. I don't think he's a savior by any means, but if he's as fast as reported, having that vertical threat can't hurt. I'll predict this is a get-right game for Alabama, and I certainly hope I'm right. Because if LSU wins, that game in 2 weeks takes on even more importance

https://twitter.com/colecubelic
@colecubelic

Kentucky & Alabama are the only 2 SEC teams to hold Mississippi State w/o an offensive TD under Mike Leach. Alabama has done it twice.

What a rollercoaster ride of an SEC season. Hope yall kept those Hooker for Heisman tickets in safe storage. Hopefully, this is the last time I learn the same lesson.

I would back bama this week, but 21? hmmm;
I'd rather take the nutcase and the pts.

Back