Ole Miss -3 vs Vanderbilt
Miss St -21.5 vs BYU
Alabama -30 vs Arkansas
UGA -28 vs Missouri
Florida -3 vs aTm
Tennessee -1 vs SCAR
AU -9 @ LSU

UK on Bye

This season is by far the least amount of football I've watched since I can remember. Just a combination of work, family, and all that stuff in life. Not sure I have much to offer on anyone other than Alabama, and there isn't really a whole lot to say about them during conference play. Most of anything else I have is based on watching highlight shows, reading box scores, and this message board. Thanks to all who contribute

Going to be interesting to see how Smart handles this game with Missouri. Richt teams would have sleptwalked through the game. Still winning but not covering. If interested, UGA wins this handily by putting it away early. Essentially, breaking Mizzou's will.

UGA has a bye next week, so could see them kind of coasting into it since Mizzou doesn't appear to be much of a threat to win the game. Will be interesting to see if Kirby is able to translate what he learned under Saban about staying focused.

Interested in the AU-LSU game. Opened at -9, but saw it at -6.5 currently. I only saw bits and pieces of the UF-LSU game, but not enough to make any judgments about LSU. I said it last week, but AU has 3 straight road games (@ LSU, @ Ark, Bye, @ aTm), and even though they are probably a good bit better than those 3 teams, winning all 3 on the road is a tough ask. Then they have UGA the week after aTm. This is the stretch where AU can show if they are serious challengers not only in the SEC, but the nation.

For whatever reason, Alabama has played closer than they should be games against Arky in the last 3 seasons. Last year I think was the game Alabama had three pick 6s, and even though Arky scored 30 points, it never felt close. Coming off a game in which they didn't execute particularly well, and made some uncharacteristic mistakes, I could see Alabama covering such a big number, because I imagine film study was a lot less fun than the last couple of weeks

I was impressed by some of the plays that Kellen Mond made. Looked Manziel-esque. I think they can beat Florida

All I know about BYU is that they aren't very good, and Miss St is off a bye and 2 beatdowns. Will look for a way to be on State here

Ole Miss vs Vandy - pass

I think this game will tell us what we need to know about Butch Jones and Tennessee. If they put up a max effort game, I think they are still playing for him. If they just go through the motions, I'm not sure he gets to ride back to Knoxville leaving Tuscaloosa next week. They aren't good enough to look past this game, and might not be good enough to beat SC anyway

Last time Auburn won in Baton Rouge was 1999. Wish I had seen the opener. I'll just be a fan for this one unless a live in play materializes

This is not a good matchup for LSU (well, any decent team is not a good matchup). LSU is one dimensional on offense, and Auburn's run D should have no problem shutting it down. If you make Etling beat you with his arm, your odds are pretty damn good. On the flipside, LSU hasnt played anyone with a decent offense yet. Syracuse is the best offense LSU has played (statistically, and that includes Miss St) and their SOS is bottom 1/3 in football, so those numbers are somewhat inflated. The way Miss St ran all over this D makes me think Auburn isn't going to have too much trouble putting points on the board. And well, let's face it, LSU can't keep up.

This is not a good matchup for LSU (well, any decent team is not a good matchup). LSU is one dimensional on offense, and Auburn's run D should have no problem shutting it down. If you make Etling beat you with his arm, your odds are pretty damn good. On the flipside, LSU hasnt played anyone with a decent offense yet. Syracuse is the best offense LSU has played (statistically, and that includes Miss St) and their SOS is bottom 1/3 in football, so those numbers are somewhat inflated. The way Miss St ran all over this D makes me think Auburn isn't going to have too much trouble putting points on the board. And well, let's face it, LSU can't keep up.
:shake:

Auburn it is. Great write-up amigo, danke

Weird things happen when these two play.....

In the trenches is where Auburn really has the advantage....I cannot help but remember when LSU was getting BLOWN off both lines vs Messt St AND Troy saying to myself, "WOW, what is AUBURN gonna do?"

Talk to me about Brent Venables to Knoxville.
Could I get this to happen? Would I want it to happen? I'm sure Clemson would hate to lose him.

If Dabo ever went to Bama after Saban, Would Venables Follow or want the Clemson job?

Talk to me about Brent Venables to Knoxville.
Could I get this to happen? Would I want it to happen? I'm sure Clemson would hate to lose him.

If Dabo ever went to Bama after Saban, Would Venables Follow or want the Clemson job?
Is Venables been mentioned? He a HC guy?

Dabo to Tuscaloosa...

...to honor the 1992 NC team. Hope Greg Byrne Saban makes sure he is treated like royalty. Hope our fans behave

Back